Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I've read a lot of books by Moriarty, this is an early one of hers, possibly her debut. I didn't love it. This book centers around 3 triplets. I listened to the audio and I struggled a bit distinguishing between narrators, which often switched, mid-chapter. The book also jumped all around in time within chapters too. I've only listened to a few audiobooks and the voice actor (and author) are both. Australian, so I'm sure my American ears didn't help.

It was a little slow to start, but compelling, the characters' stories don't end up in the most obvious way and the plot is interesting. The book starts with the ending, so the whole time you're figuring out how it will end up there. It's definitely in the "beach read" category, nothing that will change your life and not Moriarty's best.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I have only read one Moriarty and I really liked it. I need to read some more of her books but it sounds like I should skip this one.

message 3: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments This was definitely my least favorite of her books.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I liked The Hypnotists Love story the best and then maybe What Alice Forgot.

message 5: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I liked Big Little Lies best, I haven't read Hypnotists Love Story though. What Alice Forgot was an interesting premise, but if I recall, I didn't really like Alice all that much :-D

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3832 comments I've only read Big Little Lies, but have The Last Anniversary on my kindle app. Her new release this month is getting a ton of buzz, and looks really good!