What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Fantasy Romance book with earth magic, fairies/fey, possible series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samantharandolph) I don't remember many details about this book (or possible series), but here is what I do remember:
-I read this sometime between 2005-2008, and I'm guessing the publishing date is within 1990-2008.
-It is told from multiple perspectives. I want to say someone's sister is also a female lead, beyond the main heroine.
-It has fey or some otherwordly creatures in it.
-I believe the heroine had earthly magic. She was courted by someone in her village (or possibly one of the fey-maybe their prince or king? I remember him being wealthier and more powerful than the guy she does love) whom she didn't like, but he keeps coming around.
-The guy she does love disappears for a while, and I think she's pregnant during that time (possibly living with his mother).
-The book (or series) takes place over several months or years.
Thanks for all your help! Sorry I can't remember more.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Samantha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samantharandolph) Still looking. Haven’t had any luck

Bryn (Plus Others) (brynplusplus) | 186 comments Summers at Castle Auburn is what my brain immediately volunteered -- definitely two sisters, I do think it switches POV between them -- but I read it like 15 years ago so I don't know for sure. A quick scan of a plot summary says there's a cad of a prince and enslaved fairies, and I am pretty sure that one of the two sisters has magic.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samantharandolph) Bryn (Plus Others) wrote: "Summers at Castle Auburn is what my brain immediately volunteered -- definitely two sisters, I do think it switches POV between them -- but I read it like 15 years ago so I don't know..."
That's not it, but thank you for mentioning it! It's on my to-read list for sure now.