2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Melissa's Reading Plan - July 2016

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jul 20, 2016 08:32AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1399 comments I didn't get much ready done last month, so I'm not adding any new books to my list this month.

At The Stroke of Madness by Alex Kava (Maggie O’Dell #4)
Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward (BDB #6)
Island of Graves by Lisa McMann (Unwanteds #6)
Exposed by Alex Kava (Maggie O’Dell #6)
Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #4)
The Black Ice by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch #2)
The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg
The Finest Hour by Michael Tougias
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Changes by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files #12)
A Necessary Evil by Alex Kava (Maggie O'Dell #5)
The Legend of the Rift by Peter Lerangis (Seven Wonders #5)
Island of Dragons by Lisa McMann (Unwanteds #7)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

At the Stroke of Madness (Maggie O'Dell, #4) by Alex Kava Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Island of Graves (Unwanteds, #6) by Lisa McMann Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6) by Alex Kava Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Black Ice (Harry Bosch, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #2) by Michael Connelly The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg The Finest Hours The True Story of the U.S. Coast Guard's Most Daring Sea Rescue by Michael Tougias The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher A Necessary Evil (Maggie O'Dell #5) by Alex Kava The Legend of the Rift (Seven Wonders, #5) by Peter Lerangis Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7) by Lisa McMann The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

message 2: by Veronica (last edited Jul 01, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Glad to see I'm not only one behind on the Harry Bosch group read. :-)

I've heard so many good things about The Night Circus. I look forward to hearing your opinion on it.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11267 comments Mod
You'd said you wouldn't get much reading in June. You know us, though...we will chime in whenever you do:)

message 4: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Ditto to what Veronica wrote! Would love to hear your thoughts arebon the The Night Circus.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I really enjoyed The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments I loved The Girl On The Train hope you do too!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4437 comments Mod
Ooh! A catch-up month. Good luck and enjoy!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1399 comments I'm adding a few books to my list this month:

Alive by Scott Sigler - I won this book through Goodreads and finally received it in the mail.
Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1) by Scott Sigler

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan - My daughter had to read this book for her summer reading and has asked me to read it also so that she has someone to talk to about it. It's been on my TBR list for awhile now, so I'm happy to do so.
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11267 comments Mod
I read The Joy Luck Club years ago and loved it! The movie is really good, too. Hope you and your daughter enjoy the experience.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1399 comments I finished reading Island of Graves, Unwanteds #6, by Lisa McMann. The character list has grown a bit and some characters have changed for the better, Here's my review.

I also, finally, finished Lover Enshrined, BDB #6, by J.R. Ward. It was a rough one for me, but I'm glad I kept going. The end makes you smile. Here's my review.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Jonetta wrote: "I read The Joy Luck Club years ago and loved it! The movie is really good, too. Hope you and your daughter enjoy the experience."

Loved the book and movie too!