♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Neverwhere (London Below, #1)
This topic is about Neverwhere
General Archives > BR(2) -Elizabeth&Avs; Start date ----> 1st July

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Avs  Sai Babu (avs_sai_babu) | 17 comments I am through first chapter and i think it is very engaging. The way in which he introduced the people and painted their characters is interesting.

"Events are cowards, they dont occur singly, "
that was brilliantly put. That and the rest of that section within which he takes us through the events in Richard's life to give us a clear picture of his character is so engaging. I was so involved that iIcan almost feel that rush and share Richard's frustrations.
His portrayal of Jessica and her relationship with Richard is also equally interesting.

What do you think?

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I've finished chapter 2 and I'm definitely enjoying it so far! I enjoyed that quote too. Honestly I don't really like the relationship that much. What I'm really interested in is learning more about Door and the others, what exactly it is they can do and why she's being hunted. I love fantasy books so this is right up my alley.

Avs  Sai Babu (avs_sai_babu) | 17 comments Hello! How's it going? I finished reading the book. It certainly is one of the best experiences I've had reading fiction.

There are many places where the writing is so brilliant that I had to bookmark 'em. Like the description of darkness on the Knights bridge and that whole talk with the boss and many more.

The idea of London Below and the way he used places in London for plot lines is is brilliant, Isn't it?

The only thing I felt slightly off is the ordeal for Richard,I think it could've been better than what it was.

Hope you are enjoying the read.

By the way I just found out there is a BBC radio play of Neverwhere in which Benedict Cumberbatch gave voice for Angel Islington. Check that out.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I haven't had much time to read lately but am on chapter 14. I'm loving it though. My knowledge of London is very limited based on what I've read in other books or seen on TV, but I do love the idea of the city under it all. I agree that the ordeal wasn't that good, I was expecting a lot more, something that seemed more dangerous I guess.

I'll definitely have to check out the radio play!

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I finished it today, definitely one of the best books I've read in awhile.

Avs  Sai Babu (avs_sai_babu) | 17 comments Yeah. I loved it.
I found some time and I finished The Graveyard Book as well. It is another good book and i think you'll definitely like it.

♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Graveyard Book (other topics)