It's Not Just a Book Club discussion

Other > Ivory and Bone by Julie Eschbaugh

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) This discussion will be hosted by Jackie.

Please leave spoilers to a minimum, or clearly mark that you will have a spoiler in your post! Thank you.

**Note I am on vacation until the 23rd so my posting may be sporadic. I hope you all enjoy this novel; I can't wait to get started!!! <3

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) I am absolutely enjoying this book!!! It is so unique and I am totally into it!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) This book was so AMAZING!! I have so much love! I admit I cried a bit during the end!

message 4: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Yes! You read it! You loved it! *applause* YAY! I'm so happy! I've seen it get some bad reviews and I don't understand them! Everyone knows how much I love this book and can't wait for book two! Julie is the nicest person in the world, too! I love my signed and personalized ARC and hardcovers so much! :D

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinions...but come on!!! :D

I can't even begin to express how much I LOVED this book! I am so excited to learn that there will be a second one!!!!!!!!!!! <3.

Thank you for putting this on my radar!

Yes Julie is one of THE nicest people I have ever had the privelage to talk to you; even though we have only talked very briefly on Twitter!

message 6: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinions...but come on!!! :D

I can't even begin to express how much I LOVED this book! I am so excited to learn that there will be a second ..."

Ugh, I'm sorry Jackie! Goodreads isn't updating me on this thread.

Yes, I know, it seems we have similar taste in books and writing! That's wonderful! I was blown away by the technical mastery of I&B when Julie pulled of first and second person narrative at the same time. It felt very intimate and brave, like I was in that cave with Mya and Kol and Kol was telling Mya an epic story.

I also loved the world. It's scary to think it's so raw and powerful and vast and bare, and that when his clan needs him so much as a hunter/gatherer to survive, his soul is in turmoil over his future mate.

It bugs me when I see people not "getting" this book, because it's everything I could ever want in a book.

So, I'm so happy you loved it and yes, there will be two more! It's a trilogy! I know she's working on book 2 right now and she's putting her heart and soul into it! :D

Yes! She is! Well, I'm so glad you have even had the chance to tweet. She's just a lovely lovely person and I'm so happy to be her friend and support her magnificent work. Her blessing of VoD is one of the biggest compliments and confidence boosters I think I'll ever receive. :D

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinions...but come on!!! :D

I can't even begin to express how much I LOVED this b..."

That was what drew me so much to this novel. Julie did a fantastic job making me feel like I was right there in the thick of it! In fact there were times I completely forgot that most of it was a story being told to Mya!

Her characters were also beautiful. She is so good at making them human, and real. I can't imagine that this was an easy book to write considering the setting is a time we have very little detail of; but she did a tremendous job. I believed every second of it.

I seriously can't wait for book 2!!!

message 8: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinions...but come on!!! :D

I can't even begin to express how much I..."

I couldn't agree more! I felt like I was there and the intense tension between Mya and Kol and just about everybody else had me biting my nails. I think it was a perfect book, and all rave reviews are justified.

I can't wait either! She told me a secret about book 2 but I promised not to tell!!! :D

And guess what? Julie was the first to buy a paperback copy of VoD!!! What an honor! She's so amazing! :D

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions...b..."

oh gosh!!! The tension! I was constantly on edge and pulling my hair! So much pride and prejudices :D; I can definitely see the similarities!

AHHHH!!! I need to get into this inner circle!!! ;) Although, I also kind of don't want to know either...

Wow! That is so amazing Luke!!! I am so happy she, and a lot of other people, love your book. It, and you, definitely deserve it! I am buying mine tomorrow!!! <3

message 10: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "What!?! I mean I know everyone is entitled to their own..."

You know, I keep wanting to re-read, hopefully soon. I want to take it slow and savor every chapter because I did that when I started the book but then it just got tooooooo exciting! xD

No, you don't want to know. Now that I know this secret it has made me all sorts of impatient. xD

Thank you! I'm so happy! And a lot of typos have been fixed, also, the ebook was formatted for Kindle professionally, so, everything's good! I hope everybody wants to read it!! :D

Thank you for your love and support, Jackie! It means the world to me when someone becomes a champion of what I do!

:D