New York Times Groupies discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley, Bibliophile (new)

Ashley (anicholsb) | 132 comments Mod
Let us know what you've been reading in other book groups or the progress you're making on that "to read" pile I know you all have. These books don't need to be NYC bestsellers! Feel free to attach links to your book reviews and take advantage of the spoilers html if you need it.

Barbara Gilbert | 21 comments Based on a recommendation of a friend, I read "When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin. I believe the genre is religious fiction but it was not overly so. I will also be reading The Elephant Whisperer for a community book club. That group read The Sound of Glass by Karen Smith, which was excellent!

message 3: by Ashley, Bibliophile (new)

I really didn't feel like I read a lot in July but maybe I just didn't read the books I was suppose to:/

- The Tattoo Artist: A good quick read and very unlike anything I've read lately. A dark style.

- The Joy Luck Club: Love it! such a good book.

- The Jungle Book: I read this for another book club I belong to and wasn't super impressed, though I still love Kipling!

- Trick of the Mind: I am addicted to Cassandra Chan right now and am working my way through all the books.

- The Nightingale: Read for this book group and I LOVED it:)

Barbara Gilbert | 21 comments I read Nightingale last year and loved it as well. A face to face group that I belong to us going to read it sometime this year so I wanted to wait and reread it then. I read The Elephant Whisperer (nonfiction) and it was excellent. It was about establishing a reserve in Africa. Right now I am reading What Alice Forgot and it is very good so far.

message 5: by Ashley, Bibliophile (new)

Barbara wrote: "Right now I am reading What Alice Forgot and it is very good so far."

I'll be looking for your review on What Alice Forgot!