Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > BotM 2016 - August suggestions [Young Adult]

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz (last edited Jul 01, 2016 10:11PM) (new)

Zaz | 2983 comments July is just starting so it's time to decide which book the group will read in August (more info about the books of the month can be found in the introduction post). The theme for August will be a Young Adult book.

If you have a YA novel you'd like to read with the group, it's time to suggest it. If you have no idea, check the suggestions, maybe you'll be interested in one (if it's the case, second it, so it will enter the poll).

Rules:
- One suggestion per user
- A book will enter the poll once someone "seconds" the book
- Seconding a book counts as your suggestion
- Suggestions will remain open for one week or as soon as 5-6 books have been seconded

Poll Entries:
A Thousand Pieces of You
Highly Illogical Behavior
The Library at Mount Char
We Were Liars
The Graveyard Book
Ender's Game

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 135 comments I nominate A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray.

message 3: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 780 comments Tina wrote: "I nominate A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray."

I second that nomination.

message 4: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3784 comments Mod
My nomination is The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2806 comments I had a few in mind, but I felt like many of them were books a lot of people had already read. So, I'll go for something that was released more recently and I'm going to nominate Highly Illogical Behavior

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2414 comments Rachel wrote: "I had a few in mind, but I felt like many of them were books a lot of people had already read. So, I'll go for something that was released more recently and I'm going to nominate [book:Highly Illog..."

I second this nomination. Looks really good.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 265 comments I nominate "The graveyard book" by Neil Gaiman

message 8: by maja (new)

maja | 23 comments I nominate We Were Liars (E. Lockhart).

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Brown | 372 comments I nominate Ashfall by Mike Mullin.

message 11: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 546 comments I would like to nominate Ender's Game. It could fulfill multiple different categories!

message 12: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 856 comments I have Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda on my night stand. It is YA but also applies to gay pride month.

message 13: by Peter (new)

Peter | -20 comments Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "I nominate The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins"

I'll second this one. It looks interesting and I didn't get it onto my list this year.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 265 comments I have a problem with some nominated books, this is that many are only in english.

For me it is difficult, my native languague is spanish

message 15: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 1064 comments Vanessa wrote: "I have a problem with some nominated books, this is that many are only in english.

For me it is difficult, my native languague is spanish"

I think We Were liars and The Graveyard book are already in spanish, so you can second those or nominate one that you know for sure that is spanish :)

message 16: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2854 comments Rachel wrote: "I had a few in mind, but I felt like many of them were books a lot of people had already read."

I'm the same as you!

But I'm going to second We Were Liars, because it's in my plan ;)

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 478 comments I second The Graveyard Book. It's been on my TBR list for a long time.

message 18: by J (new)

J Austill | 664 comments I'll second Ender's Game, since Michelle already 2nded The Graveyard book.

message 19: by Zaz (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.