2-3-4 Challenge discussion

When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7)
This topic is about When Maidens Mourn
Archives - Group Reads > When Maidens Mourn by C. S. Harris (Sebastian St. Cyr #7) - July 2016

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 01, 2016 03:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11377 comments Mod
Regency England, August 1812: Sebastian St. Cyr’s plans to escape the heat of London for a honeymoon with his new bride, Hero Jarvis, are shattered when the murdered body of Hero’s good friend Gabrielle Tennyson is discovered drifting in a battered boat at the site of a long-vanished castle known as Camlet Moat. Missing and also presumed dead are Gabrielle’s two young cousins.

Still struggling to define the nature of their new marriage, Sebastian and Hero find themselves occasionally working at cross-purposes as their investigation uncovers dark secrets at the heart of the Tennyson family and an enigmatic young French lieutenant who is concealing mysteries of his own.

Sebastian and Hero’s race to unmask a ruthless killer and unravel the puzzle of the missing children puts both their lives and their growing love for each other at risk as they’re threatened by powerful men in high places…and by a tall, dark stranger who may hold the key to Sebastian’s own parentage.

Discussion Questions

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I have jury duty this Monday so this will be the book I take along with me!

That should ease the pain:)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I am a bit sad to miss work as I only get paid if I work BUT I am excited about jury duty. I am weird like that. I also never thought I would get chosen as both my parents have been selected too.

I enjoyed my first time because I was seated on a case immediately. The second time was annoying...8:30 am until 5:30 pm just waiting.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Ugh, that is annoying! Okay, I will definitely take my eReader. Thanks, Jonetta!

Phrynne | 308 comments Finished it in one sitting today. SO good! And the author has a real talent for writing the last chapter;)

I'm halfway and only quit last night because I was too sleepy to continue.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Phrynne wrote: "Finished it in one sitting today. SO good! And the author has a real talent for writing the last chapter;)"

One sitting? Wow! Impressive. I used to be able to do that but now with kids it's all but impossible. lol

Discussion questions are now posted. (See link in message #1)

Phrynne | 308 comments Veronica wrote: "Phrynne wrote: "Finished it in one sitting today. SO good! And the author has a real talent for writing the last chapter;)"

One sitting? Wow! Impressive. I used to be able to do that but now with ..."

No, Kids won't allow that kind of thing but mine are all grown up. My husband and my dog don't mind as long as I break off occasionally to feed them:)