Support for Indie Authors discussion

SIA Investigate > Ireadbooks.com

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Al-Sheikh | 48 comments Anyone try this? It seems fishy to me.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) It seems a little fishy, a lot like a get rich quick scheme taking advantage of authors, and maybe a little legit, maybe.

They claim they'll pay you roughly 10¢ (note this is not a solid number) per download, but they have a payout threshold of $50 which is very high for electronic payments.

They want a PDF. PDFs are notoriously easy to mess with and notoriously bad as ebooks because unlike mobi or epub, it's a fixed fkrmat and may not work well with all ereaders. I foresee this being a stumbling block against getting curious readers and not people looking to pirate the latest big name book.

Their site didn't throw up any red flags for me, but it looks very new. I doubt they have much in the way of readers or for that matter, ad revenue with which to pay their royalties.

My opinion is watch them. If they're still around in six months, you might consider them.

message 3: by Ceanmohrlass (last edited Jul 01, 2016 04:18AM) (new)

Ceanmohrlass Ceanmohrlass | 69 comments I'm wary of this. I'm going to wait a bit and see if any authors actually have success with it.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 241 comments Although I sympathize with the "wait and see" approach, if we all wait and see then it won't be around in six months ;)