2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Mary Beth's Reading Plan July 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I love your list, Mary Beth!!! I either have read, will be reading or want to read :)

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11260 comments Mod
What a fantastic list! You're going to have a tough time choosing during the month.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Lots of good stuff on your list, Mary Beth. I read The Passage years ago while recovering from surgery. I really enjoyed it though it did have a bit of a slow start.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4436 comments Mod
Some really great books on your list, Mary Beth. Enjoy!

message 6: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 01, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Stephanie wrote: "Great list Mary Beth! Wondering when you are planning The Girl in the Ice ? I am reading that one too."

Thanks Stephanie! I would love to buddy read Girl on the Ice with you Stephanie! I can read that at anytime. So whenever you want to read it let me know. My list is so long, it doesnt matter.

message 7: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I love your list, Mary Beth!!! I either have read, will be reading or want to read :)"

Thanks Kris!

message 8: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Jonetta wrote: "What a fantastic list! You're going to have a tough time choosing during the month."

Thanks Jonetta! Haha! All of these books but 4 are on my waiting list at the library. They are either ebooks, audiobooks or books. So I will be deciding on which ones to read by when they come in.from the library, so I do have a plan, and its all made up for me, so I will not have to decide. I do agree though thatnif I had to decidebit would be really hard.

message 9: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Veronica wrote: "Lots of good stuff on your list, Mary Beth. I read The Passage years ago while recovering from surgery. I really enjoyed it though it did have a bit of a slow start."

I cant wait to read The Passage Veronica! A friend in another group recommended this to everyone. She said that it was one of her all time favorite trilogies. It is on hold at the library.

message 10: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Lauren wrote: "Some really great books on your list, Mary Beth. Enjoy!"

Thanks Lauren!

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Mary wrote: "Thanks Jonetta! Haha! All of these books but 4 are on my waiting list at the library. They are either ebooks, audiobooks or books. So I will be deciding on which ones to read by when they come in.from the library, so I do have a plan, and its all made up for me, so I will not have to decide. I do agree though thatnif I had to decidebit would be really hard...."

Ooh! Even more fun:)

message 12: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 664 comments What great list. I love Lisa Gardner books, still lots of her to read. Hope you enjoy the book.

message 13: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I just read one of my favorites for the year. If you like thrillers you have to read Little Black Lies I just loved it.

message 14: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 664 comments Mary wrote: "I just read one of my favorites for the year. If you like thrillers you have to read Little Black Lies I just loved it."

Sounds a good book and we seem to have similar taste in books. I checked my library and they have it so I will put it on my to read list.

message 15: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2511 comments Great list, Mary Beth. I see lots of interesting books.

I didn't get to read All Fall Down last month like we planned. I'm hoping to get it done in July.

message 16: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Robin wrote: "Great list, Mary Beth. I see lots of interesting books.

I didn't get to read All Fall Down last month like we planned. I'm hoping to get it done in July."

Sounds like a plan! I was so busy last month that I ciuldnt fit it in. I will be reading it this month though.

message 17: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Viki wrote: "Mary wrote: "I just read one of my favorites for the year. If you like thrillers you have to read Little Black Lies I just loved it."

Sounds a good book and we seem to have similar..."

Sharon Bolton is an excellent writer. She has a series called the Lacey Flint series. The first book Now You See Me
was a favorite for last year.

message 18: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Jonetta wrote: "Mary wrote: "Thanks Jonetta! Haha! All of these books but 4 are on my waiting list at the library. They are either ebooks, audiobooks or books. So I will be deciding on which ones to read by when t..."

I think it will be exciting doing it this way. Hopefully it works out well.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Enjoy your suspense!!

message 20: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Just finished The Crossing Places Ruth Galloway #1
A good cozy mystery. Did have animal abuse so not really a cozy but close to it.

Excited The Last Mile came in from the library, so will be reading it while reading other books, I am starting it today.

message 21: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Laura there is lots of it! I love my suspense!

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

Mary wrote: "Just finished The Crossing Places Ruth Galloway #1
A good cozy mystery. Did have animal abuse so not really a cozy but close to it.

Excited The Last Mile came in fro..."

Yay! Enjoy The Last Mile!

message 23: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Glad you enjoyed The Crossing Places. Another series I would like to start one day!

message 24: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I am enjoying The Last Mile Jonetta, havent gotten far though since I am reading two others with it.

Tracey The Crossing Places was good. It was a surprise. I will be reading book 2 next month.

message 25: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Just finished Where Serpents Sleep and loved it.
Now reading The Girl In The Ice.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

Knew you'd love it:)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Yay! You are really hooked now, Mary Beth. Welcome to the club :)

message 28: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 664 comments Looks like you are doing very well this month in reading. Well done!

message 29: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:44PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments You guys I am really hooked! I already have book 5 and will be reading that at the end of the month!

Viki 2 of the books on my list I didnt finish last month. The main thing is that I am really enjoying my reading.

message 30: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 664 comments Mary wrote: "You guys I am really hooked! I already have book 5 and will be reading that at the end of the month!

Viki 2 of the books on my list I didnt finish last month. The main thing is that I am really en..."

It is always good when you are enjoying your books.

message 31: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments It definately is no fun when they are boring.

I just finished Creep which was very intense with a huge twist.

Still reading The Girl In The Ice as a buddie read with Stephanie.

message 32: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I love it too Stephanie! So far they are all excellent!

message 33: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished Girl in the Ice. Excellent!

message 34: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 664 comments I just realize that you are going to read immortal in death. That is the next one in the series I need to read. ( hopefully get to it next month)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Mary wrote: "You guys I am really hooked! I already have book 5 and will be reading that at the end of the month!

Viki 2 of the books on my list I didnt finish last month. The main thing is that I am really en..."

Yay!

message 36: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:55PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Viki wrote: "I just realize that you are going to read immortal in death. That is the next one in the series I need to read. ( hopefully get to it next month)"

I am going to try to read this, this month but I am working on completing or getting up to date with series first, so might not get to it.

message 37: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:55PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "Mary wrote: "You guys I am really hooked! I already have book 5 and will be reading that at the end of the month!

Viki 2 of the books on my list I didnt finish last month. The main thing is that I..."

:o) Excited to read the fifth book Kris!

message 38: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished Freak #2 in the Creep Series! Very intense! I loved it! 4 stars

message 39: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I am almost finished with The Last Mile. I will probably be up tonight late finshing this. Its a real page turner. I will be joining in the buddy read discussion tomorrow while I am having my garage sale.

message 40: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Thanks Stephanie! Its really good! I just finished it. I cant decide how to rate it. I am still deciding it either going to be a 4 or 5. Itbis fantastic, with lots of twists and turns. I loved it nore than Memory Man.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I agree with you ladies - I am hoping this means the series will only get better :)

message 42: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Me too! I am really looking forward to the next book!

message 43: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I finished All Fall Down and this one is her best one so far. I loved it! I wasnt expecting the two twists at the end!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Yay, glad you loved it!

message 45: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2511 comments Mary wrote: "I finished All Fall Down and this one is her best one so far. I loved it! I wasnt expecting the two twists at the end!"

It was my favorite of the series. I was shocked when the villain was unmasked for us.

message 46: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Thanks Kris! It really surprised me at the end.

I cant wait to hear your thoughts on them. Yes I got Freak also on Hoopla, when I put in the title I couldnt find it. I had to out in the authors name. Jennifer Hillier and then it showed up. I loved Creep,
but I loved Freak even better.

message 47: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Robin wrote: "Mary wrote: "I finished All Fall Down and this one is her best one so far. I loved it! I wasnt expecting the two twists at the end!"

It was my favorite of the series. I was shocked..."

Yes me too, I was so surprised! I would of never of thought of that villian. (view spoiler)

message 48: by Robin (last edited Jul 21, 2016 06:30PM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2511 comments Mary wrote: "Yes me too, I was so surprised! I would of never of thought of that villian."

Another book would be great cause I love Stacy Green's writing. But, I'm happy with how she ended the series (view spoiler)

Did I read somewhere that she would be starting another series soon?

message 49: by Mary Beth (last edited Jul 23, 2016 09:30PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Yes I think there is one in Feb. 2017 called Prince #1 if I am correct. I really was happy how it ended like that also.

message 50: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished The Laughterhouse Theodore Tate #3. Loved it gave it 5 stars and now going to the 4th book to complete this series, Five Minutes Alone.

« previous 1