Captivating Chapters Book Club discussion

July 2016 > Sharp Objects Spoiler-Free Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makayla (new)

Makayla | 33 comments Mod
Hey everyone! So this is the place where we will express our SPOILER-FREE opinions on this month's book Sharp Objects. Leave a comment about anything you'd like as long as it is spoiler-free. Share your opinions before your start on maybe what you expect the book to be like, as you read talk about the progress you are making, etc. Anything! I'd love to hear your opinions.

But please just remember to leave this section spoiler-free, as there will be a separate section(s) for spoiler discussions. Thanks!

And just a quick side note, you have the entire month to read the book, so read at your own pace. Our goal is to finish this book by the last day of July, so please take your time and do not rush. :)

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Fan (emeraldaphoenix) | 5 comments This book is going to be creepy and will have self-harm. This won't be my type of book so I will procrastinate and rush through it so as not to focus on the bad parts. I will probably need therapy after this book so someone help me.

message 3: by Makayla (new)

Anna wrote: "This book is going to be creepy and will have self-harm. This won't be my type of book so I will procrastinate and rush through it so as not to focus on the bad parts. I will probably need therapy ..."

Oh honey, tbh I'm feeling the same way. I'm really excited to read the book, but I'm also very nervous because I don't know how I will end up feeling about it. We're in this together though. I got your back. Xx

message 4: by Makayla (new)

Hey guys, I'd like to mention one thing before you get into the book. I've read a little bit of it already, and there are definitely some scenes in this book that may make you somewhat uncomfortable. I think it is a really well-written and entertaining book so far, but it does have a dark theme, and can be awkward to read at times. So if at any time it bothers you too much, you don't have to continue the book. I don't want it to bother you guys too much. I am liking the book so far, but I don't know what everyone else's opinions will be..

message 5: by Mags (new)

Mags Anna wrote: "This book is going to be creepy and will have self-harm. This won't be my type of book so I will procrastinate and rush through it so as not to focus on the bad parts. I will probably need therapy ..."

If you need someone to talk you can message me through the book if you want :3
but yeah, I see where you're coming from... Although self-harm is triggering I usually love reading books with these kind of themes. It's so relatable and very informative about these types of things. I did not start reading the book since I still haven't receive it but like you said, I'm sure this book will be about dark and serious themes and I can't wait to get started. :)