{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original RPG discussion

Castle > Castle Corridors

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Because there are always hallways in a castle...

message 2: by ~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~, Your Death Mage (last edited Jun 30, 2016 07:16PM) (new)

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
Brinley casually walked through the corridors, he enjoyed the silence and peace in this deserted place. He never thought the castle was so big that any part of it would be completely desolate at any given time. He zoned out while he thought of his mother, he should have done more for her, he should have banished his father... from his own house..... yeah, that wouldn't have worked out very well. He trusted that he left Petunia in capable hands when he told Airion to protect her. In his mindless walking, Brinley turned a corner and looked out a window to his left.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys wasn't looking where she was going, her eyes were on the doors that lined the corridors, looking for the one she'd been told let to Alec's room. She needed to see her brother. This whole situation was overwhelming. She had been sort of excited at first, but now she kept hearing whispers whenever people would pass by her. Half the time she didn't know if people were actually whispering or if it was just her new powers causing it, but she didn't like it. She was so caught up in her thoughts and looking for Alec's room that she crashed right into someone. She was small enough that the person she'd bumped into didn't even budge, but she bounced back and landed on the floor. She yelped in paid as she hit the hard floor, but quickly got to her feet again. "Watch where you're going!" She snapped, even though it had been her fault.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
Suddenly, someone crashed into Brinley and hit the floor. He looked around and saw a girl laying on the floor
"Are you okay?" He asked, shocked by her fiery attitude, he held out a hand to help her up. "Maybe you weren't watching where you were going." He said sarcastically, he really didn't like people, he had just began to get along with his siblings at home and now he would have to deal with these new people. So far these strangers weren't so appealing either.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys scowled, "Yeah, well I have somewhere I need to be, but this place is a freaking maze, so I was a little preoccupied with figuring out where the heck I'm going." She looked up at the guy she'd bumped into and surprise flickered through her eyes, he was one of the light mages. Air, she thought. He was cute... Wait, why was she thinking that? She shouldn't be focused on that. But he was... She shook her head slightly, trying to regain her composure.

"Really and where's that?" Brinley rose an eyebrow and squinted at her, sarcasm oozed off his voice and sass radiated from his body. He realized he was very close to this girl, he took a step back and examined her, checking her for injuries, he sure didn't want to hurt anyone... physically at least. Brinley is basically emotionless with everyone but his mother, he could care less about hurting someone's feelings for the most part.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Alec's room," Dys replied, she figured he would know the name. Everyone knew the name of Alecsandru Yveller by now. The new Life mage. She didn't mention that he was her brother. She didn't need people knowing that they were siblings, though people would know soon enough. Once people got over who the Life and Death mages were, they would move onto the others. She noted how sarcastic this guy seemed, that meant they would either get along swimmingly or they would butt heads like crazy.

message 8: by ~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~, Your Death Mage (last edited Jul 01, 2016 07:38PM) (new)

"That Life mage? I hate how everyone practically don't know us because of the two special mages." Brinley looked out the window again, "If they're gonna take me away from my home to be a special mage, I should at least be known." He muttered under his breath and looked up at the girl, "So what do you want with Alec anyway?" The light and dark magics don't work together, do they? Brinley thought, he was very uneducated, Hopefully they have books on the mages and everything about them. He added to that thought. Bumping into someone was nice... Brinley would have to deal with these people for quite a while.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys hesitated before replying, "I, um, I need to talk to him," she said. She knew he would question her more about it, why would a dark mage need to talk to the Life mage, right? Why not the Death mage? "He's my brother," she mumbled after a few seconds, hoping he wouldn't pry anymore, but knowing it was probably too much to hope for.

Brinley gave a slight chuckle "They chose siblings? They should expect disaster..... Don't dragons have dragon siblings?" he laughed for a few seconds and leaned against the wall, "What's your name anyway?" He asked curiously, wait, no, this isn't him, why was he talking to this, this girl?! Hold on, play it cool, you're still a sarcastic idiot Brinley. He rose an eyebrow, waiting for the girl's response.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys scowled slightly, "Yeah, they chose siblings..." She muttered bitterly. "Dysentria, but you can call me Dys," She said in reply to his question. She looked him over as he leaned against the wall, "What about you?" she asked, mirroring him and raising a brow as well.

"Brinley." He smirked as she copied him, he couldn't tell if she was grouchy or just having a bad day, either way it was adorable. "Have you met any of the other sorcerers?" He wanted to meet the Life and Death mages, what was so great about them anyway? What did they have that he didn't? Not that he wanted to be here anyway, he was just curious. Obviously.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Aside from Alec? No," Dys said. "Well, I guess you now, but that's beside the point." She gave herself a mental smack on the forehead, smooth, Dys. Real smooth. "You're supposed to be the light air mage, right?" She asked, she'd seen him when the king had announced them to the town, but she hadn't really paid attention to who was what all that much.

"Yeah, and you're... the dark.. something..?" Brinley mumbled,trying to guess what she was by her tailsman, her's was made of a dark metal, his of silver "Yeah, I really don't know." He smirked, what did sorcerers do all day anyway? When would they meet these wise dragons that will train them in their powers. And what could Brinley do with air? Freeze a room of enemies, great.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mind," Dys answered, rolling her eyes. She could still hear the whispering at the back of her mind. She knew it was coming from Brinley, and she tried to shut it out, but she just couldn't. "Do you have to think so loud?" She asked, frowning because she knew there was nothing he could do about the whisperings in her head. He wouldn't even know what she was talking about, the only ones that might know would be the other mind mage or the mind dragons.

"W-what?" Brinley mumbled, "Is there a way to think silently?" His mind was now racing, he didn't mean to, he was just shocked. She has her powers? What's it like? Magic is so interesting, especially mind magic, I've read so much about the mind and how we still have so much to learn about it's functions. But what could he do with air? How could he even control it.... wait, try not to think, don't think.... Brinley tried desperately to stop his wild mind.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys winced when Brinley's thoughts grew louder, her head was starting to hurt. Her power must have taken a while to take root in her, it hadn't been like this before... "Shhh... I said think quieter, not louder..." she mumbled, sinking down into one of the chairs that sat against the wall. She put her head in her hands and closed her eyes until the headache subsided. "Oh that's not fun," she muttered. Why'd she have to get stuck with this magic? No one told her it was going to hurt like this.

Brinley felt bad when he gave her a headache
"I'll just go." He murmured, even though he decided to leve to be nice, this comment sounded sarcastic. He shoved his hands in his pockets and started walking the same way he had before the two collided. Brinley wanted to find a library in this place, maybe they had a book on the different magics.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys shook her head slightly and stood up. "No, wait," she said, following Brinley as he started to walk away. "I just need to learn to control it. It's not your fault." She couldn't help but want to keep talking to Brinley, and not just because she thought he was cute. She was actually enjoying talking to someone that wasn't her brother. Plus he met her sarcasm levels and then some, which was sort of fun.

Brinley turned to Dys when she walked up to him, he was kind of thankful she stopped him, it's been lonely ever since he walked through the castle doors. "Alright." He stopped and turned to her, "What do you want to do... since your not going to visit Alec anymore." He mentioned with a smirk, maybe they could get along, it would be nice to have someone to talk to while he was here.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Dysentria's cheeks turned slightly pink when Brinley smirked at her. Yep. She definitely thought he was cute. "Um, I dunno," she said, "I don't really do the whole talking to people thing." She thought for a moment, "Where were you going?" she asked, figuring they could both just go there

Brinley didn't notice when she blushed, he swept a hand through his hair, "Yeah, me either. Maybe that's a good thing though... we understand each other." He chuckled, that sounded so deep, he wasn't the kind of person to roll over belly showing. "I was heading to the library, or rather trying to find one. I need to learn more about this magic and I'm too impatient to wait for the dragons to tell us about it."

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm fine with that if Streamlily is :) An RPG isn't complete without some cliché drama :P))

Dys giggled at his comment about impatience. Wait, what was that? she thought, You don't giggle... "Um, yeah, library sounds good. I haven't heard anything from my dragon yet, so might as well study up as best we can, right?" My dragon? Mendje probably wouldn't be happy to hear her say it like that. But how else was she supposed to say it?

((I don't think I've made a library thread yet... I'll make one now :P))

((That's fine with me! Yeah either Happy's character could be on the side or they could both try getting him? Either way is fine with me!))

Brinley raised an eyebrow at her giggle, he smiled. Does she like me? Girls have never been attracted to him, at least after he opened his mouth... "Yeah, maybe we could impress them with our knowledge." A big grin spread across his face when he thought about what that would do to his self image. He wasn't very caught up in image but who doesn't want to look smart? Well, maybe the people that play dumb wouldn't like that...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm good with whatever :P))

Dys snorted, "Yeah, we could do that. Or we could just make the others look stupid for not trying to research anything." She smirked at the thought. Of course that was her priority. Humiliating people was her favorite hobby. Yet another reason people liked Alec more than her.

((I'm sure the characters will work that out, it depends on weather their together when you start RPing XD))

Brinley smiled, he liked that, he also liked how this girl's mind worked. He began walking, hoping Dys would follow him as he searched for a library. "So when do you think we'll meet the dragons?" He asked, maybe she knew more than him, it's not impossible, Brinley knew he wasn't the smartest person.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

((I said I was going to make a library threat, but I forgot. So I'm going to make it now lol))

Dys shrugged, "I dunno. Soon probably. The king said we'll be starting our training as soon as possible, so probably about then." She followed Brinley down the hall. After a few moments she spotted a castle servant. "Hang on," She said, then walked over to the servants and asked where the library was, or rather, demanded he direct her there in a rather rude tone. Once she had gotten the information she wanted she walked back to Brinley. "Library's this way," she said, motioning for him to follow her.

"Alright." Brinley murmured as he followed Dysentria

((I just did XD I applaud our communication skills, my friend))

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

((lol We smart xD))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

((I made a training grounds thread for you. I figured that would make more sense than just some random fields and still suit your needs (: ))

message 32: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 91 comments Rhea held the envelope in her hand tightly as she walked along the side of the hall. She tried to stay unnoticed, sticking to the shadows. She had been called over by a Lady to deliver a message as she headed to get what she needed to do some cleaning. She walked by two girls in the hall, head low, and hurried on. Almost there, she thought.

message 33: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 91 comments With her head down, Rhea ran right into the other girl, sending her papers flying. "Oh my I'm so sorry." She scrambled to pick them up for her, her blonde hair falling in her eyes. Her face flushed bright red with embarrassment.

message 34: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 91 comments "Here," she said, handing her the stack of what she'd picked up. "I'm Rhea, a servant," she smiled, the red having faded from her cheeks.

message 35: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 91 comments "I don't know," she shrugged, "I've worked here at the palace for a while." She looked at the envelope in her hand, remembering the task she had been given. "I should get going, I'm supposed to bring this to a Lady's rooms," she held the envelope up.

message 36: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 91 comments "You too," she smiled. "I've got to deliver whatever this message is." Rhea gave Mallory another smile before she headed to where she'd been told the lady's rooms were.

message 37: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
((Yep!))

Skye walked along the castle corridors, ducking into empty rooms when other people walked by. It wasn't that she was afraid of them, just that she didn't want to talk to them.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo quickly walked down the long corridors of the castle, returning from a training session with the other guards. He wasn't wearing any armor at the moment, just pants and a white shirt. Attempting to make haste and get back to his post, he did not notice that he was walking straight for Skye, which caused him to bump into her. "Oh, I'm sorry!" He said apologetically, trying to speak with as little awkwardness as he could. "Didn't see you there.."

message 39: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
Skye came out of a room and just as she did, she crashed into a warm, hard chest. With an "Oof..!" she stumbled back, and at hearing an apology, Skye smiled, a bit dazed. Lifting her head to see who it was, she uttered a soft, "Oh!" and blushed.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo bit his lip, utterly embarrassed. "So, er.." He said, the awkwardness beginning to flow like a waterfall. "Sorry again.."

message 41: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

She smiled softly at his embarrassment, but quickly snapped out of it. "It's okay..I should.." she glanced over her shoulder, suddenly nervous. "I should go.." Skye jammed a thumb over her shoulder with an awkward chuckle.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo instantly snapped out of his awkward moment, and shook his head lightly. "No, wait, um... take a short walk with me? It's getting late, I'm gonna be heading home soon, anyways." He gave her a small, sweet smile, and motioned to the garden that was just outside.

message 43: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:20AM) (new)

Skye looked past him to the window, and gasped softly. "Dragons!" She didn't know the names, but she could tell the two larger black and white ones must be the Death & Life dragons.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo turned to face where she was looking, and gasped. For sure, there were dragons. "Woah..." He said breathlessly. He instantly regretted not having any paper with him, for he loved drawing something when it was right in front of him. "Beautiful creatures, aren't they?" He said to Skye absentmindedly. He was absolutely mesmerized by them.

message 45: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

"Yeah.." she replied, open mouthed and gaping. "They're incredible." Skye didn't really know much about the whole dragons and sorcerers thing, but she knew they were powerful. "Wow.."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Smiling, Theo looked down at Skye, and said, "Now, how about that walk?" Grinning impishly, he held his arm out for her to take.

message 47: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Skye blushed at Theo's roguish grin, taking his arm and letting him lead her down the hall.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo's grin only grew. Success! he thought to himself. He was overjoyed yet slightly concerned. It wasn't like Theo Vasile, sexy playboy guard to feel this way about a girl. Up until now, girls were just dominos on a desk, and he'd knock 'em down one by one. With Skye, it was different. He was actually making a genuine and sincere effort to make her feel like she could trust him. Unfortunately, as soon as she started trying to get closer to him, he'd put up walls. It was just who he was. "So, how's your life like working at the castle?"

message 49: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 31, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Skye shrugged, smiling slightly. "It's rather quiet. I like it, though. My mother's a laundress. We're pretty close." She didn't mention her father, whom she missed dearly.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Theo nodded slowly, and smiled sadly, refusing to meet her gaze. Skye mentioning her mom caused him to remember his own, and how she told him that when she died, he needed to create a better life for himself and his sister, a life that she couldn't give him. When she told him that, Theo was never expecting that the day she left him would have come so soon.

« previous 1

{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original...

unread topics | mark unread