Reading Squad discussion

Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Uzair (new)

Uzair If anyone wants to make a thread but is not sure if he should or just wants a mod to do it then you can give us your suggestions here.

message 2: by Uzair (new)

Uzair Guys soem suggestion would be nice about now,seeing as we have almost 0 threads.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) Hmm... I think maybe a thread based on debating/ranting things against someone? Maybe even teams of people versing each other? For example, Harry Potter versus Percy Jackson debate. Or maybe even a debate about food, or movies versus books, or even things going on currently with the world. But mostly characters and books! I could see this getting out of hand and it would be kind of messy, but I think we all could remain civil. ;)

Also, a thread where people can list all the books they read that they liked. A master list could be compiled based on people's posts. It's like recommendations, but more organized?? I wouldn't mind creating a thread so I could keep track of books people like.

And definitely more game threads. Those are fun.

message 4: by Uzair (last edited Jun 30, 2016 08:37PM) (new)

Uzair Sure go ahead (though i haven't the slightest idea what u mean except gor the list),leave the games to me.
Post it in da debates section and

message 5: by Uzair (new)

Uzair There is aleeady a game cqlled this or that that is along the lines of your debate so try that first

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) okay, thanks!

message 7: by Uzair (new)

Uzair Sorr for bad grammar,i use phone

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) That's okay, I understand you.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 31 comments What about an "indie reads list" recommendations of indie authors we enjoyed? Does anyone else intentionally read indie authors, or am I just weird? Lol.

Also, tomorrow is Indie pride day, and there is a big event going on over at Brain to Books group. Can I add that as an event here? There are a bunch of indie authors doing takeovers divided by genres (I'll be there for three hours promoting my three series.) and a bunch of blog hops, and giveaways and lots of other fun stuff.

message 10: by Uzair (new)

Uzair Well yeah sure and well you're weird like that Heidi,but we're all weird deep down inside!Embrace your inner weirdo,fun times guaranteed.

message 11: by Uzair (last edited Jun 30, 2016 09:12PM) (new)

Uzair NOTE:You all should try to to make new threads in the correct location e.g book opinions go in Book and Games go in Games e.t.c
The mods wil try to correct anyone who makes a mistake but it makes our job easiet

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) Sorry if I sound stupid, but what exactly is indie? ((Please don't maul me!))

Anyway, I could add it as a genre on the masterlist so you could easily find what you're looking for.

message 13: by Uzair (new)

Uzair I think it's Indianaa maybe or west Indies?

message 14: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 26 comments An indie author is short for independent author. If you're the sole creator of your book (self-publishing) then you're basically an indie author :)

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (thegoneangel) Oh, that's really cool! Maybe that wouldn't be considered a genre, but I could add it next to a book on the masterlist if it is indie. :)

message 16: by Uzair (new)

Uzair Ohh...
Thx for the info though.
@Heidi
Where'd you go?I did give you the green lights right?

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 31 comments Sorry, was wrapping up some info for the Indie pride thing tomorrow. Lol.

Thanks for the green light. I will add the event.

message 18: by Uzair (last edited Jun 30, 2016 09:35PM) (new)

Uzair OK people thats about enough suggestions for now,cause my system is gonna overload.More when Koket and the other mods come back.
And no i dont own a cheap 90's computer,i meant my brain XD

message 19: by Uzair (new)

Uzair OK taking more suggestions now