2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Stephanie's July 2016 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11261 comments Mod
Love the idea of "free for all":)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Great list!!! Have a good month :)

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I have to read The Boys in the Boat for my real life book club too! Non-fiction generally isn't my genre of choice so I'm a little wary.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments That's great feedback, Stephanie, and it makes me feel better about giving it a try. I was going to check out the book from the library so I'll see if they also have the audio version.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4436 comments Mod
The Girl In The Ice looks good. It's the J.D. Robb group read, right?

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Stephanie wrote: "Awesome, Veronica! Not sure if you use Overdrive at all - got my audio there."

I do have Overdrive though I tend to under utilize it. Must correct that. :-)

message 7: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hey Veronica, if you use audio format at all, I'd highly recommend it. Narrator is really good and helps with some passion on the parts around actual rowing. the backstory reads a bit like fiction ..."

My Dad highly recommends this book. Glad to hear its on Over Drive. I can listen to it and get him off my back telling me I have to read it lol!

message 8: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Maybe I wont listen to it lol! Let me know when you want to buddy read Girl in the ice.

message 9: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments How about next weekend? That would work perfect for me. I think its going to be a devour also.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I will have to check out the Boys in the Boat! I am looking forward to Girl in Ice, too!

message 12: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Stephanie wrote: "Awesome - Friday? Looking forward to it!!"
Next Friday will work for me. Looking forward to it also.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Happy reading!! The Night Stalker sounds quite intense.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Stephanie wrote: "Finished The Fireman ★★★★☆

review"

I am looking forward to The Fireman!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Stephanie wrote: "Started (and finished) this historical thriller today. LOVED it!!The One Man ★★★★★

review"

I like Andrew Gross so will have to try this one out.

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Stephanie wrote: "Started (and finished) this historical thriller today. LOVED it!!The One Man ★★★★★

review"

Just entered the giveaway for this. Sounds good!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Thank you Stephanie!

I am starting All is Not Forgotten on the weekend and am intrigued now.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hope you like it, Kris!!!"

Thanks, Stephanie! I will let you know :)

message 19: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I want to read this one! I love this series! I cant remember if I read Corrupted by her or not. Great Review Stephanie!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Stephanie wrote: "Loved this and can't recommend more highly -- Redemption Road ★★★★★

Literary mystery / thriller

review"

I am so happy to hear you loved it! I can't stop recommending it to my co-workers lol.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I read his first two novels when they came out and enjoyed them as well. His first novel The King of Lies reminds me a mix of Grisham and Greg Iles - Legal Southern Gothic. His second one is Down River. I have to go back and read the rest now, lol.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments When you get to the third book, I will join you (if I may?).

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Awesome :) I will keep that in mind. Thanks, Stephanie :)

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11261 comments Mod
Really nice review, Stephanie.