Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's June reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments For those who are with me on Facebook, you already know the sad reason I have so few books this month. For those who don't, my 42 year old stepson passed away (very suddenly) this month. He developed a pulmonary embolism after a minor knee surgery and was gone very quickly. Leaving behind his wife, a 9 year old daughter, a 14 year old daughter and a very sad Dad. He was my husband's only biological child, and my stepson for 24 years. He will be missed very much.

A Killing Notion by Melissa Bourbon "3.5"
By Cook or by Crook by Maya Corrigan "3.5"
A Seamless Murder by Melissa Bourbon "3.5"
Éclair and Present Danger by Laura Bradford "4"
The Diva Serves High Tea by Krista Davis "4.5"

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Susie, so sorry to hear about your Stepson. Condolences.

message 3: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments So sorry for your family

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments I was so sorry to see your posts about your stepson. I know your husband's heart must be broken. We're not supposed to bury our children.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Susie: I missed this sad news on Facebook and am so sorry to hear of the loss of your stepson. My condolences to you and your family.

message 6: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1232 comments Susie, I am very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments Susie, you have my sincerest sympathies. I have no adequate words to express how saddened I am for all of you.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3794 comments i'm so sorry for your loss, susie.

message 9: by Susie (last edited Jul 01, 2016 08:24AM) (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Thank you book buddies :) Three weeks have gone by, but it is still hard to comprehend. Hubby is at his son's house, determined to finish a fencing project they were working on for the horses. It makes him feel better to go there, but it still makes me sad. We have a quick trip planned this month to go to Las Vegas and California, so there goes my book count again :)

message 10: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I was so very sorry to read of your loss. I've been thinking of you and your family. Sending sincere condolences.

message 11: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Susie, my deepest sympathy for your loss.

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Susie, I'm just working my way through old posts I missed and saw the sad news about your stepson's death. I'm so sorry. I hope time is helping the healing, but I know this is something you don't ever fully recover from.