Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > #1 Contest - Congrats Sarah!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Aug 04, 2009 04:17PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
From the title you can see this will not be the only contest I will be holding here, and each contest I run will have a free book to win! (so check back often for others)

Contest #1

I am giving away a free paperback copy of

Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost
Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

This is to celebrate the upcoming release at the end of this month.

That's right guys I will be purchasing one for myself as well as an extra copy for the winner of the contest :)

What you need to do in order to enter:

Reply to this thread and Tell me why you love Jeaniene Frost and post a link to at least one of your reviews for one of her books. (the review can be good bad or indifferent)

From the eligible replies that meet the criteria above I will be putting the names in a hat and drawing the lucky winner 2 weeks from now. (August 8th - I will PM the winner at that time.)

(Yes I realize some of you will snatch this release as soon as it comes out, and others will not want to wait. But hey a free book is a free book right?)

Verified Entries:

Terri
Kenjii
Sarah
Amanda

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I love the idea of the contest. It's so generous of you. But since I've never read one of her books, I can't enter.

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Aww :(

There will be others! I promise! As a matter of fact I have a ton of books here I planned to give away that are right up your alley :D

And I definately dont want to exclude anyone! I just thought this one was a cool idea since the book is releasing soon.

message 4: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Awesome idea, oh fabulous leader! Thanks, ♥Tricia♥! But since I'm an impatient bookaholic, I won't be able to wait for more Bones. The sample chapter sounded way too good!

Good luck to those who do enter though!

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yeah I was a tad late in posting this, so my apologies to those of you who just cant wait for more bones! lol

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 56 comments I am havign trouble figuring out how to post the link here on good reads
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

If this doesnt work, sorry. I liked ti because I liked Cat and I think Bones makes her better. Mostly. LOL

message 7: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments I love Jeanine Frost's Nighthuntress series, and just like Michelle, I will be purchasing the 4th book as soon as its released.

I think the series is wonderful, and Cat and Bones get better with every installment. Great combination of action and romance, with some wicked humor thrown in.

Tricia, I'd like to say thank you for your generous contest, and wish everyone who participates good luck.

message 8: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Yeah ok I will enter so you can have some people to pick from dear Trish hehe.
Halfway to the Grave reviewt

What I love about Jeaniene Frost is she has an amazing gift when is comes to unique and original characters. I haven't yet come across another H/H that are as kick ass or sexually combustible as Cat and Bones. I also like the fact that Frost has created a world/plot that moves swiftly and smoothly behind the storyline of the characters developing relationship. Her fluid style of writing has earned her a right on my keeper shelf and plans to re-read in the future.

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Jul 26, 2009 07:12AM) (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/....

Count me in! I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer when it was on TV. The great thing about Cat and Bones is that they remind me of that great last-season tension between Buffy and Spike. I love the way Bones teaches Cat to accept and use her vamp side, and the great romantic tension that springs up around their sessions. I love the scene where Bones cries blood tears for her! That just melted me. Sucker for romantic tension? Who, me? Nah. :)

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Terri - Yeah goodreads is funny like that for linking reviews.. I wish it was a little easier.. But I did find yours :D

Yz - Yeah, I figured a few would just snatch it asap :D I have so many books to read that for me its no big deal hehe, but I knew others would want it right away! lol

Kenjii and Sarah thanks for entering also! :D I been worried I might not have any entries! lol

message 11: by pianogal (new)

pianogal Fun idea...but since I still have the first couple to read, so I'll have to catch the next one.

:)

message 12: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

IT IS THE DAY!!!

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

The two books are purchased and on their way to me :D (I couldnt get them at my local store they were sold out! lol)

Need more entries! I know there are more people out there wanting a free book!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I'd enter twice, but you'd beat me senseless with a bookmark... :)

message 15: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Hehe

I have in my hands the books! The cover looks amazing! I had seen it on her site and knew it would be but it just looks so much better in person! :D

1 more week to get in on the contest!

message 16: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

LOL @ bookmark beating Sarah =D cute

message 17: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

hehehe

And my hand made ones have metal in them! (well sometimes! :P)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Sort of like "cutting your heart out with a spoon" in Robin Hood... it'll hurt more.

message 19: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Sarah, I always loved that line!

message 20: by AmandaG (last edited Aug 04, 2009 02:55PM) (new)

message 21: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I was able to find it Amanda thanks! 4 more days til I send it out :D

message 22: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments I have a pretty good chance!

message 23: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Gah I am SO sorry I meant to announce the winner yesterday!

Congrats to Sarah!! I will be sending out the book tomorrow as soon as you get me your address :D

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Yippee!

Thanks, Tricia.

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Congrats Sarah! Now I knwo I can buy my copy. LOL. I was on pins and needles waiting.

Do you all know about Barnes and Noble e-reader? They have e-books now but you have to install their reader. It works with Mac, PC, Iphone and Blackberry. I am sure there are more.

message 26: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Ahhh nuts! But congrats to Sarah!

message 27: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Hmm no I have an e-reader of my own (sony) that I use.

There will be more contests promoting new books that will be released so keep checking back for them :D

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Thanks, gals! :)

Kenjii, I downloaded the B&N reader for my PC, but I haven't bought any books for it yet. It looks similar to my Adobe Digital Reader program. It comes with 6 or so free classic books as a trial (Dracula, Sense & Sensibility, etc.) They said on the download screen that they are adapting the reader for different devices all the time, so maybe they will have more options as they go.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Thanks so much, Tricia! I got my book in the mail today, and I can't wait to dig in.

message 30: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

You're welcome! Thank you for entering!

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Destined for an Early Grave (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeaniene Frost (other topics)