Endicott Mythic Fiction discussion

Anansi Boys (American Gods, #2)
This topic is about Anansi Boys
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Anansi Boys > Anansi Boys - Who's Reading / Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Odette (last edited Jun 30, 2016 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Odette | 316 comments Mod
The July 2016 Endicott book is Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, the sequel to American Gods.

Please let us know if you're reading (or what you thought of it if you've already read it).

Incidentally, both American Gods and Anansi Boys are being turned into TV series at some point.

message 2: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy (kathy_h) So do I need to read American Gods before I read this one if it is a sequel?

Jalilah | 132 comments I'll skip this time. I read it a few years ago.

Jalilah | 132 comments Kathy wrote: "So do I need to read American Gods before I read this one if it is a sequel?"

Kathy I read it before I read American Gods, so perhaps that's why, in part at least, I did not appreciate it that much.
It's a different story though.

Odette | 316 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "So do I need to read American Gods before I read this one if it is a sequel?"

Kathy, you don't have to read American Gods first to follow the story. I think they only share one character (Anansi) and take place in the same world. But American Gods is a good introduction to that world.
If I remember correctly, I read American Gods before Anansi Boys, and I ended up loving the whole world Gaiman created, so maybe Jalilah is right that the order can impact enjoyment. They both left me with a powerful longing to take a cross-country American road trip that included lots of roadside attractions. (I haven't yet.)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.