The Challenge Factory discussion

The Return (Titan, #1)
This topic is about The Return
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > LexiLovesBooks34♡ & Jade aka MrsTosh - The Return

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5907 comments Mod
LexiLovesBooks34♡ & Jade aka MrsTosh - The Return

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments Hi Jade :) when would you like to start?

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Hi, I can start whenever you like. Haven't done a buddy read before so not sure how it is done :)

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments Well really its all up to you. We can read a chapter together and discuss each chapter. We can read a couple chapters and discuss . we can read half the book and come back and discuss or we can read the whole book and come back and discuss . its whatever you feel like doing.

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments What's you reading speed?

I'm usually quite quick could read half way and see what we think? :)

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments Thats fine . We can start today if you like .

message 7: by LexiLovesBooks34♡ (last edited Jul 02, 2016 11:39AM) (new) - added it

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments I am a relatively fast reader , i think. But that is kind of beside the point i am going to listen to this one.
Oh also you have read the Covenant series right? I am assuming you have.

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Hello again. I had contemplated listening myself but downloaded the Kindle version. Not all of it, I think I read two books but there is always something else to read my TBR list is always getting bigger!

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments YOU NEED TO READ THEM. I am sure you will be able to understand most of this book . But not "ALL"of it , not all the sly tibits and comments added about the previous series of events added in. Not all the little things that have HUGE significance to the story .Like why seth acts the way he does . Why seth became the greek gods whippingboy/bitch . I am not trying to be mean or pressure you or anything . i just think you would get so mcuh "more " from this book if you read the other series first, because this is a spin-off. All that being said i am still really looking forward to do this buddy read thing. And if mu my words came across as "Shouting" so sorry about that

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Hello again,

Sorry, I have been away this weekend so have had an intermittent signal and haven't been able to keep up with Goodreads.

To be honest, as I said earlier there as so many books to read I never know what to try or what to start. I will get around to reading the series and hope my lack of knowledge doesn't mess up the read too much! I don't find it shouty lol

I am going with Kindle version and will start tonight :)

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments Alright i am about 4 chapters in and i notice it doesnt really explain everything so if you have any questions i will do my best to answer them

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Hey, I am half way through chapter 5. Seem to be having a little deja vu this story seems very familiar?! I definitely haven't read it before but must be something I a similar subject.

I think I am getting it so far....... I am sure as you said there is a lot missing from previous books but there also seems to be a enough text what happened previously for me to get the general gist.

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments I am on chapter 8 and i can already tell this book series is and will be more sexual than the covenant series. I am not complaining actually i am alittle dissappointed that it wasnt like this in the covenant series.

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments And for some reason i am thinking about the percy jackson series when i am listening to this .

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments LexiLovesBooks34♡ wrote: "I am on chapter 8 and i can already tell this book series is and will be more sexual than the covenant series. I am not complaining actually i am alittle dissappointed that it wasnt like this in th..."

Never a bad thing ;) keeps reading interesting.

message 16: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Jul 07, 2016 03:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Well, I have decided to join you and listen to the audio version on VK.com but what is going on with his accent? Keeps reminding me of The Count from Sesame Street or Gary Oldman in Dracula.

message 17: by LexiLovesBooks34♡ (last edited Jul 07, 2016 05:05PM) (new) - added it

LexiLovesBooks34♡ (lexilovesbooks34) | 110 comments I think they got a narrator with an accent because seth is suppose to have a lyrical voice with a slight barely there greek accent . He is from a island Called Andros in Greece. Not sure if it is a real place but i think thats why the narrator has such a crazy accent , i dont know if it is greek or not i have no idea what that sounds like. Funny thats where i am listening to it as well. And i havent gotton any further than chapter 8 i havent done any reading/listening in the last 2 days my mom had to go to the E.R she has a bad bone infection on her toe. They had to remove that toe today. So this isthe first time on goodreads or phone today .

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments I have been to Greece a few times it is a beautiful place. Thanks for the history, I am enjoying the book so far and yes I see what you mean about the sexual current running throughout he is definitely hot blooded male.

Oh no sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she recovers quickly and is feeling like more herself soon.

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Just checking in, I have managed to get to chapter 17. I have a couple of books to review this weekend so I probably won't get much further! again I hope you're Mom is feeling a bit better.

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 981 comments Hi, hope everything is ok with you....

I have finished the book! WOW

I will definitely need to read the Covenant series now. I decided to switch back to the kindle version I couldn't cope with the accent.