Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Books you want to see made into movies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 484 (484 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments For me I would say Night Film by Marisha Pessl or Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater! Though I think I'd prefer a series on Netflix? Something that would allow them to follow the books as closely as possible.

message 3: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments Tara wrote: "The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater! Though I think I'd prefer a series on Netflix? Something that would allow them to follow the books as closely as possible."

I haven't read those books. I've been getting a little tired of the same old in YA. Do they break YA conventions/would you recommend them?

message 4: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurisag) | 3 comments legend or delirium trilogy:)

message 6: by Ju (new)

Ju | 2 comments I agree, I think Legend could be a great movie

message 7: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (jabberwockyslayer) Dystopian seems to do a lot better than fantasy. Although, contemporary always does better than anything else in my opinion. I would love to see Dangerous Girls turned into a movie. It would be electrifying.

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments Zoë wrote: I haven't read those books. I've been getting a little tired of the same old in YA. Do they break YA conventions/would you recommend them?

I would definitely recommend them. I can't think of another book that I've ever read that is like them.

message 9: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments Laura wrote: "legend or delirium trilogy:)"

I forgot to add Legend when I was making the first comment, I totally agree tho. It's just so action packed and has the perfect pacing for a movie.

message 10: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments Tara wrote: "Zoë wrote: I haven't read those books. I've been getting a little tired of the same old in YA. Do they break YA conventions/would you recommend them?

I would definitely recommend them. I can't thi..."

I'll have to check them out :)

message 11: by Pau Lethani (new)

Pau Lethani (lethanibooks) | 12 comments The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear, both by Patrick Rothuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle's Series).

message 12: by Turah (new)

Turah | 19 comments Legend by Marie Lu and The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. I would also like to see Micheal Vey, but this more as a TV show.

message 13: by Luís (new)

Luís Fernandes | 12 comments VICIOUS VICIOUS VICIOUS VICIOUS

message 14: by kylene ☁️ (new)

kylene ☁️ (ninhazeniks) Tara wrote: "The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater! Though I think I'd prefer a series on Netflix? Something that would allow them to follow the books as closely as possible."

yesss completely agree!! also, if it were on netflix i think it'd be allowed to be more dark and keep those elements that make you shiver instead of softening it for a younger audience.

message 15: by kylene ☁️ (new)

kylene ☁️ (ninhazeniks) Zoë wrote: "Tara wrote: "The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater! Though I think I'd prefer a series on Netflix? Something that would allow them to follow the books as closely as possible."

I haven't read those ..."

definitely a different spin on typical ya novels. the writing and dialogue is amazing and hilarious and certainly one of those series that you catch yourself thinking about long after you've finished

message 16: by wezikz (new)

wezikz (clockworkbookworm) | 8 comments * The Infernal Devices
* A Court of Thorns and Roses
* Throne of Glass
* The Lunar Chronicles
* Percy Jackson [ they need to make new adaptation ]
* Angelfall
* The Raven Cycle
* Shatter Me
* The Darkest Minds
* Red Queen
* Fangirl
* The Bone Season
* Mara Dyer
there's quite a lot of them though im kinda scared of these being made into movies bc i don't want the adaptations to screw up the books and their potential

Taylor of Alethkar ❦ (aboutfandoms) | 13 comments All of Marie Lu's books would make for great television, given good producers/writers of course.

message 18: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments Susan wrote: "* The Infernal Devices
* Throne of Glass
* The Lunar Chronicles
* Angelfall
* The Raven Cycle
* Shatter Me
* The ..."

Imagine them making another Percy Jackson adaptation and messing it up again. The horror

message 19: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments @Ky Exactly! I'm just worried that having to cram everything into one movie would just take so much away from the original story. A Netflix series would be way better.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (marvelruinedmyspirit) Besides The Raven Cycle, The Grisha and The Lunar Chronicles need to be made into movies.

message 21: by Bel (new)

Bel Cat | 15 comments Susan wrote: "* The Infernal Devices
* Throne of Glass
* The Lunar Chronicles
* Angelfall
* The Raven Cycle
* Shatter Me
* The ..."

I heard somewhere the Percy Jackson series might become a Netflix show . . .

message 22: by S61, Creator/Chief Moderator (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) | 249 comments Mod
Agree with a lot of the stuff you have

Top ones are

Eleanor and Park
Winger
Legend
Throne of Glass
An Ember in the Ashes
Red Queen
Shadow and Bone
Wonder

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace An ember in the ashes movie is coming out in 2017....

message 24: by Grace (new)

Grace Arango (G-Swizzel Books) (g-swizzel) | 5 comments The Lunar Chronicles! <- I don't even mind if they adapt it into a TV show

message 25: by lolo' (new)

lolo' (theravenbibliophile_) | 13 comments Legend
Mistborn
A Darker Shade of Magic
Shadow and Bone
Since You've Been Gone
The Young Elites
Simon vs The HomoSapiens Agenda
I'll Give You The Sun
The Raven Boys
Falling Kingdoms

message 26: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 28 comments 1. Morgan Matson's novels

2. ACOTAR & ACOMAF

message 27: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 20 comments Definitely Throne of Glass!

message 28: by Elyssa (new)

Elyssa (hotpinkunicorn) | 14 comments I kinda want the Lunar Chrinicles to be made into a movie, but I also don't. I liked them so much that I dont want them to be ruined by movies... I would like to see Ill Give You The Sun and The Sky is Everywhere as movies though. The Selection could be cool too!

message 29: by Zoë (new)

Zoë (thesnazzyhippo) | 21 comments Grace wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles! <- I don't even mind if they adapt it into a TV show"

a tv show would be so amazing!

message 30: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 12 comments I'd love to see A Court Of Thorns and Roses made into movies and Throne of Glass made into TV show

message 31: by Abz7_kaji (new)

Abz7_kaji | 5 comments Lunar chronicles would be amazing

message 32: by Punya Nayak (new)

Punya Nayak Throne of glass series should totally be made made into a TV show. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, Wonder, We Were Liars, any book by Gary D. Schmidt, Shatter Me trilogy, Hate List, Eleanor & Park and The Sweet Gum Tree would all make wonderful movies.

message 33: by Lady (new)

Lady Flo | 23 comments I would like to see The 39 Clues as movie, or TV series. It's very thrilling )

message 34: by Lady (new)

Lady Flo | 23 comments Actually all books that I've read and will read if they don't have movie )

message 35: by Chesca (thecrownedpages) (last edited Jul 02, 2016 06:08AM) (new)

Chesca (thecrownedpages) (thecrownedpages) | 7 comments SHATTER ME!!!! Because Warner!!! *fans myself* Maybe Thomas Brodie-Sangster would be good for the role? :D (But he's eyes aren't green so he might need to were colored lenses).

Chesca (thecrownedpages) (thecrownedpages) | 7 comments Susan wrote: "* The Infernal Devices
* Throne of Glass
* The Lunar Chronicles
* Angelfall
* The Raven Cycle
* Shatter Me
* The ..."

I agree with you on Shatter Me, The Darkest Minds, and Mara Dyer! They're my top three favorite series. :D I like Angelfall too because Penryn is a cool female protagonist!

message 37: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 5 comments The Thorne of glass
The darkest minds
Shatter me
A court of thorns and roses
Cinder
Red queen
Any kasie west book
To all the boys I've loved before

message 38: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 5 comments The Thorne of glass
The darkest minds
Shatter me
A court of thorns and roses
Cinder
Red queen
Any kasie west book
To all the boys I've loved before

message 39: by Lee (new)

Lee (woolyj) | 15 comments @Lady. That's a brilliant idea. I loved the 39 clues. My son loved it too. It'd be a fantastic movie!

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth If they would do it right and not cheap ,or sleazy like some of the movies they make now days I would love see, as well has have the perfect actor or actress that could 100% act and not just got the part because of how they looked then these might be some:
The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone The Hatching
Thaw by Bryan Dunn Thaw
Dinosaur Lake by Kathryn Meyer Griffith Dinosaur Lake

message 41: by Angie (new)

Angie | 7 comments Kate Daniels series!!!

message 42: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Angie wrote: "Kate Daniels series!!!"

more than movie I would like to see it as a tv show !

message 43: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (ravenandthehawk) | 61 comments ACOTAR is confirm to be a movie, I heard the rights have been sold.
https://youtu.be/8YtbnvfV3PQ
And Victoria Aveyard has also confirmed that Red Queen is going to be a movie.

Who else is excited?

message 44: by Bel (new)

Bel Cat | 15 comments Ohmygod I would die for an Infernal Devices film trilogy!!!!!!!! The Mortal Instruments tv series/movie wasn't very good though . . .

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love a prequel series for "The Hunger Games" with some previous games so Finnick's, Johanna's and Haymitch's....

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Or the League of The Sharks, but it probably wouldn't be very good - over dramatic or overly depressing..

message 47: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (ravenandthehawk) | 61 comments Legend by Merie Lu
Falling Kingdoms
Seven Black Diamonds
Graceling
The Young Elites
And so many others I can't think/remember right now.

message 48: by Lena (new)

Lena (booksruletheworld) | 13 comments The Darkest Minds would be absolutely amazing!

message 49: by merve (new)

merve (mervilily) | 2 comments Anna and the french kiss series.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.)) Gahallgher Girls
Only if they do it well, for Pete's sake.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10