To Be Renamed... Book Club discussion

The Blue Mountain
This topic is about The Blue Mountain
Monthly Group Reads > July 2016 - The Blue Mountain

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by El, The Reading Ninja (new)

El | 80 comments Mod
We will meet on Monday, July 25th, 2016 at Biddle's Escape (7:00 pm - 9:00 pm) to discuss Meir Shalev's debut novel, The Blue Mountain. Published in 1988, the story is set in a small rural village before the creation of the State of Israel and is about a group of Ukrainian immigrants trying to make a new lives for themselves in a new place.

Meir Shalev is an award-winning Israeli writer who has written several fiction novels following The Blue Mountain, works of non-fiction, and some children's books. His books have been translated into 26 languages.

If you cannot make the meeting next month, feel free to share your thoughts here so we can include them at our meeting!

Dallas | 8 comments I unfortunately caught a bad cold this weekend and I don’t want to infect anyone, so I won’t be attending. I feel bad about this since I suggested the book. But I am sure all of you do not want this cold.

I did post a review of the book, if anyone is interested.

I hope the meeting is enjoyable.

Dallas Sommers

message 3: by El, The Reading Ninja (new)

El | 80 comments Mod
Thanks, Dallas, sorry to miss you this time. I hope you feel better! I'll post our next selection as soon as I am able (either later tonight or tomorrow).