Square In Wonderland Book Club discussion

Challenges > July 2016 Color Cover Challenge: BLUE or WHITE [closed]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Jul 11, 2016 11:19AM) (new)

Stephanie Derbas (In Wonderland) (in_wonderland) | 211 comments Mod
This month's color is: BLUE or WHITE (since the red cover won for the theme this month!)

For this challenge:
1. To sign up, comment below saying "I'm in" or something along that sort.
2. Choose ANY book that has a cover with the COLOR of the month.
3. Post the book's cover in a comment below.
4. When you have finished reading the book, comment with the book's cover, when you finished, and what you'd rate it.
5. HAVE FUN!

EXAMPLE of what the finished product would look like
ORANGE: Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #1) by Martina Boone
FINISHED: 1/5/15
RATING: 5*

If you'd like you can explain in a sentence or two why you liked the book or why you didn't like the book. But that's not necessary.

PARTICIPANTS:
1. Brianna Frayed by Kara Terzis 5* & Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
2. Dana Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo 5* & How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather 3*
3. Stephanie
4. Katrina A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas & How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
5. Melissa The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh & I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
6. Shellee Soaring (Short Story / Contemporary Fantasy / Romance) by K.K. Allen 5* The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston
7. Dannii The Murder Road (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #15) by Stephen Booth 4* Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff 5*

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) I hope to read a couple books that would work for this challenge. Hopefully more than what's currently on my TBR!

Frayed by Kara Terzis Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

message 3: by Dana (new)

Dana | 240 comments Mod
I know I will be reading a lot of blue books this month! And will probably be coming back here with every new read.

I am currently reading Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The paperback cover is blue. I plan on reading How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather next!

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

I'm in, but I have no idea which books I will be reading there are 16 blue or white books on my TBR for the next couple month and have no idea which ones I will get to this month! But I will keep it updated! :)

message 5: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Marie (katrinamarie) | 11 comments I have to look for a white book. But I'll be reading a few blue books. I'm reading A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas right now. And I'll be reading How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather in a week or so.

message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana | 240 comments Mod
Katrina wrote: "I have to look for a white book. But I'll be reading a few blue books. I'm reading A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas right now. And I'll be reading [bookcover:How to Hang a Witch|274053..."

Ahhh ACOMAF!! Also, I can't wait to discuss How To Hang A Witch.

message 7: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Marie (katrinamarie) | 11 comments Dana wrote: "Katrina wrote: "I have to look for a white book. But I'll be reading a few blue books. I'm reading A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas right now. And I'll be reading [bookcover:How to Han..."

I'm ridiculously excited about both of these!

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Katrina wrote: "Dana wrote: "Katrina wrote: "I have to look for a white book. But I'll be reading a few blue books. I'm reading A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas right now. And I'll be reading [bookcov..."

YESSS YOU ARE FINALLY ON ACOMAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Melissa (last edited Jul 19, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Melissa (miss_melissalee) BLUE: The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh
Date Finished: 7.17
Rating: 5*

WHITE: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Date Finished:
Rating:

message 10: by Shellee (last edited Jul 28, 2016 04:35PM) (new)

Shellee | 84 comments I'm in....

Blue: Soaring (Short Story / Contemporary Fantasy / Romance) by K.K. Allen
Date Finished: 7/7/16
Rating: 5 stars Short story that is very well written.

White: The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #2) by Julie Kagawa
Date Finished: 7/28/16
Rating: 4.5 stars

Blue and White: The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston
Date Finished: 7/13/16
Rating: 4 stars

message 11: by Dana (new)

Dana | 240 comments Mod
Blue/White: Siege and Storm
Date Finished: July 4th
Rating: 5 stars

message 12: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) The Murder Road (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #15) by Stephen Booth (if this is blue enough)
Finished: 07/07/16
Rating: 4/5 stars

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff
Finished: 10/07/16
Rating: 5/5 stars

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana | 240 comments Mod
Blue: How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
Finished: July 8th
Rating: 3/5

message 14: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) BLUE: Frayed by Kara Terzis
READ: 07.06.16
RATING: 5/5

message 15: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) (forgot to update this)

WHITE: Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
READ: 07.25.16
RATING: 2/5