Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Link to online stores not working

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Norinne (rebeccanorinne) | 46 comments Hi there,

I used Smashwords to push my book out to several online retailers and while I'm thrilled that part worked, unfortunately the links on the dropdown menu here don't take potential purchasers to my book (in some cases it even says my book doesn't exist in the store even though if you search for it, it does). How do I go about correcting that?

message 2: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 9 comments Hi Rebecca,

The Amazon link works when on the Kindle edition. I noticed that the ISBN on the ebook edition is not the same as what Barnes & Noble has listed and that may be the reason that the search is not working.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Norinne (rebeccanorinne) | 46 comments Is that something I can change or do I need Smashwords to update since they're the ones who pushed the book out?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26633 comments Smashwords edition is fine, I checked. That is the ISBN the majority of ebook sellers use.

It is the B&N edition that isn't connecting and that is because they use their own version of an ISBN, as Carlissa said.

I've created a Nook edition (B&N edition) for you.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45052 comments Mod
Book links to other sites are customized on a per-user basis (each user chooses theirs), not a per-book basis.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Norinne (rebeccanorinne) | 46 comments Okay, I am completely confused here and I really don't know how to fix this. First, thank you for adding the B&N (Nook) edition. Now how do I get the Apple iBooks link to work in the drop down menu? It's still showing up as the item not being available which could really affect my buyers who want to read it on their iPad.

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14579 comments The iBooks link works if you're on the ebook page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The links only work on the correct edition. I.e. the Amazon link works for the Kindle edition, the B&N link for the Nook, and (f.e.) the iBooks, Smashwords and Kobo links work for the general ebook edition.