The Challenge Factory discussion

Blood Shadows (Blackthorn, #1)
This topic is about Blood Shadows
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Ezi - Blood Shadows

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5900 comments Mod
Krissy & Ezi - Blood Shadows

message 3: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 16425 comments Mod
I hope this works into the roll for SSS tonight because I want to get to all our audio BRs this month.
We will be 5 for 5 on audios!!!
Awesome right?

message 4: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

You want to go for this one or push it into August?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I forgot to "follow" this discussion. So I didn't see the comments. I was in houston on the 28th and 29th anyway so I wouldn't have been able to listen to it. But I'm here now. We can wait until August. Just let me know when you're ready :)

message 6: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sounds good. But I definitely want to listen to this one this upcoming month

message 7: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'd like to try this one after Sarina Bowens. I am determined to get through all of our BR's that available on audio this month :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Sounds good :)

message 9: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I've started. It is narrated by Anne Flosnik and I normally don't like her voice :(

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Starting now

message 11: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm not enjoying it but it's definitely a different world.
I appreciate the creativity but Anne Flosnik is ruining it for me

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm with you on the narrator

message 13: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krissy wrote: "I'm with you on the narrator"

The first time I heard Anne F was on Honor's Splendour, one of my all time favorite HRs. I've read this book like 20 times. I bought the audio and I was soooo mad. It was as bad as Tavia Gilbert on Halfway to the Grave

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments This book is a big fat helping of meh

message 15: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krissy wrote: "This book is a big fat helping of meh"

I am done and I don't even want to talk about this book. I can't tell if it was just freaking boring or if Anne Flosnik made it boring.
But both protagnoists didn't engage me. I hate that whole "I am super tough chick, but bite me please bite me"

I am going to parent teacher orientation for my2nd grader. When I get back, I will see what I will read next.

I think we have completed all of our BR's for this month, right?
If so, YAY!

Have you heard about All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood ? I am putting it on my wishlist for a sale but if we can get it this year, we can BR it. I dont know if I am ready to spend a full credit on it. If you want, I will though.

What else do you have on your August TBR list to read?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm still working on the book. They keep saying how badass she is and all that but I haven't seen it yet. I feel zero sexual chemistry between the MCs. I'm just not feeling this book at all.

I think All the Ugly and Wonderful Things sounds freaking awesome. Let me know when you are able to get it. I'll do what I usually do. Buy the ebook & narration at the same time then immediately return the ebook. That way I'll get that $12 back but still have the audio for $4.49

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments The rest of August for me is just small books to build up my botb shelf. Nothing big left. Nothing worth a BR

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Our meet the teacher night is tomorrow. First I have to hit the elementary school for my Pre-k and 1st grader. Then I'll drop the littles off with the hubs and take my 7th grader to her school.