The Challenge Factory discussion

The Illegal Gardener
This topic is about The Illegal Gardener
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Agnieszka & Krissy - The Illegal Gardener

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5900 comments Mod
Agnieszka & Krissy - The Illegal Gardener

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Checking in!

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1276 comments Thank you Denise for the thread - I'm new to the Buddy Read in this group and not sure yet how it's working here Krissy, so please be patient with me ;-)

I'm going tomorrow on vacation and hope to finish the other three books from library I planned to finish until yesterday and hope to start our book on Sunday or Monday.
We can start with the discussion any time you want then.

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1276 comments I'm almost finished with the book (will finish tonight).

I struggled very much the first five chapters and let the book rest for some days. It seems it was the right decision since I now really love it and really understand why I got it recommended and most of my friends from the thriller group really love it.

It's such an interesting book and I when I've seen there are so many of the following books on sale I grabbed those immediately :-)

How far are you?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I never started since I was waiting for you. I didn't realize you officially started. I can start tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post in here when I do

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1276 comments Sorry for the misunderstunding!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Not a problem. I don't mind starting as soon as I'm finished with my current audiobook

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1276 comments Good to know. It's such a great book I'm really glad I got that recommendation :-)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Finished. Good beginning, strong middle, draggy ending. Plus I think it would have been better if they kept the relationship 100% friendship. Bringing in that hint of romance towards the end kind of ruined it for me. But I definitely really enjoyed the first 75% or so

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 1276 comments I'm so on the same page about the romance. When the author started drop the first hints in this direction I thought: 'please, don't spoil it now!'.
When he declared he has to start preparing for leaving I was convinced there is only another chapter and realised only than it's only 70 percent of the book and didn't understand what's going on until I discovered this book online: Saving Septic Cyril: The Illegal Gardener Part II. So I suppose the last twenty percent of the book were more or less a preparation for the next part - though it looks like you can't just jump into it directly it's book #15 in the series and it's starting about one year later - at least that's what I got from the one chapter preview I read afterwards (that were the other then percent on my kindle the previews of this book and book 2 in the series: Black Butterflies)

Though altogether I was really impressed how condensed all the feelings and how many difficult topics the author was able to deal with in this book and still I'm not really able to shelf it as a drama. It not that heavy and hopeless and all the other emotions I would usually connect with a drama a missing - it's still light and positive and that's what impreassed me in a way I'm not able to express - especially not in English ;-)