Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > July Purchases 2016

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Share your July purchases here.

message 2: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire #1) by Michael J. Sullivan
My first ebook!

message 5: by Cammie (last edited Jul 16, 2016 08:37PM) (new)

Cammie | 108 comments July purchases:

Seagrass Pier (Hope Beach, #3) by Colleen Coble Landline by Rainbow Rowell If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins You and Me, Always by Jill Mansell Mermaid Moon (Sunset Cove, #2) by Colleen Coble A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers The Witness by Nora Roberts

message 6: by Joseph (new)

My first orders of July arrived: A Toxic Trousseau (A Witchcraft Mystery #8) by Juliet Blackwell & The Monster War (The League of Seven, #3) by Alan Gratz

message 7: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments Immortal A Novel of the Fallen Angels by J.R. Ward

I bought it because I was bored. I don't even want to read it.

message 8: by Karen M (last edited Jul 09, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Three of my books arrived yesterday and today:

Shades of Earl Grey Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mystery, #3) by Laura Childs
The Man in the Queue The Man in the Queue (Inspector Alan Grant, #1) by Josephine Tey
My Cousin Rachel My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier

message 9: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Okay, today I received three more of the books I ordered:

Aunt Dimity's Death Aunt Dimity's Death (An Aunt Dimity Mystery #1) by Nancy Atherton , To Sir, With Love To Sir, With Love by E.R. Braithwaite and The Daughter of Time The Daughter of Time (Inspector Alan Grant, #5) by Josephine Tey

I also received a book that I won from First Reads, Tasa's Song Tasa's Song by Linda Kass

Had a happy day!

message 11: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments I've bought some interesting ones (hopefully) :-)
Forty Rooms by Olga Grushin Panther by Brecht Evens Vera by Elizabeth von Arnim Passenger To Tehran by Nigel Nicolson

message 12: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Haven't bought a lot, but got these from the library

Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Bluescreen (Mirador, #1) by Dan Wells The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1) by Roshani Chokshi Ubik by Philip K. Dick The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

message 13: by Thom (new)

message 14: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Went to Barnes and Noble. Bought a copy of Accidental Empress for $5.97 minus member discount $5.38 plus tax.

message 15: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Louise wrote: "I've bought some interesting ones (hopefully) :-)
Forty Rooms by Olga GrushinPanther by Brecht EvensVera by Elizabeth von ArnimPassenger To Tehran by Nigel Nicolson"

If Vera is half as good as her The Enchanted April you should have a really enjoyable read. Can you tell Enchanted is one of favorites?

message 16: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments I enjoyed Enchanted April too Karen - and I really like the Virago editions :-) So hopefully a win/win

message 17: by Lára (last edited Jul 16, 2016 04:51AM) (new)

Lára  | 174 comments I have so many books yet nothing to read so I bought Heartstone (Matthew Shardlake, #5) by C.J. Sansom
As usual I haven't read previous books in the series.

message 18: by Joseph (new)

Just got back from visiting Half Price, came home with a load: The Art of Amy Brown by Amy Brown The Book of Legendary Lands by Umberto Eco The Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon Blackout (Cal Leandros, #6) by Rob Thurman Slashback (Cal Leandros, #8) by Rob Thurman Culpepper's Complete Herbal and English Physician by Nicholas Culpeper Persephone and the Pomegranate 9a Myth from Greece by Kris Waldherr Celestial Goddesses An Illustrated Meditation Guide by Lisa Hunt A Kiss of Fate by Mary Jo Putney The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5) by G.A. Aiken Sacred Animals by Kris Waldherr A Distant Magic (Guardians, #3) by Mary Jo Putney Beauty and the Beast and Other Classic French Fairy Tales by Jack D. Zipes Mel Ramos Pop Art Images by Robert Rosenblum Dark Entry (Kit Marlowe, #1) by M.J. Trow

message 20: by Lára (new)

message 21: by Shauna (last edited Jul 18, 2016 05:44PM) (new)

Shauna Castle | 105 comments Ed Sheeran A Visual Journey by Ed Sheeran The Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran Matharu The Inquisition (Summoner, #2) by Taran Matharu The Fireman by Joe Hill With Malice by Eileen Cook The Farm (The Farm, #1) by Emily McKay Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Warlock Holmes - A Study in Brimstone by G.S. Denning The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1) by Colleen Gleason Mythmaker (Supernatural, #14) by Tim Waggoner Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter) by J.K. Rowling Beginnings Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
In my defense, it's my birthday month

message 22: by Joseph (new)

Shauna wrote: "Ed Sheeran A Visual Journey by Ed SheeranThe Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran MatharuThe Inquisition (Summoner, #2) by Taran MatharuThe Fireman by Joe HillWith Malice by Eileen Cook[bookcover:The Fa..."

Happy Birthday, Shauna! And no need for a defense, I say buy all you want! ;-)

message 23: by Ilean (last edited Jul 20, 2016 01:56PM) (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Weeeeeeeeeee
Brown shaky truck just brought me a package. A Read it forward book give away "Vinegar Girl" by Anne Tyler trade paper.

message 24: by Karen M (last edited Jul 22, 2016 02:46PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments One arrived yesterday from Betterworld Books Black Coffee by Agatha Christie and today another book I won showed up, Baby Doll by Hollie Overton.

Black Coffee (Hercule Poirot, #7) by Agatha Christie Baby Doll by Hollie Overton

message 25: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments My mother in law bought me a new copy of "Shanna" by Kathleene Woodiwiss

message 27: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments I just got some cheap books 2nd hand today :-)
The Unknown Masterpiece and Other Works by Honoré de Balzac an old Balzac
Days Stories by Mary Robison The Spectator Bird by Wallace Stegner & The Book of Sand by Jorge Luis Borges

message 28: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments Training for Trouble (Hardy Boys, #161) by Franklin W. Dixon Hidden Mountain (Hardy Boys, #186) by Franklin W. Dixon Danger Overseas (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery II, #2) by Carolyn Keene The Case of the Vanishing Veil (Nancy Drew, #83) by Carolyn Keene

Purchased them before yesterday from Amazon. :)

message 29: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments Shauna wrote: "Ed Sheeran A Visual Journey by Ed SheeranThe Novice (Summoner, #1) by Taran MatharuThe Inquisition (Summoner, #2) by Taran MatharuThe Fireman by Joe HillWith Malice by Eileen Cook[bookcover:The Fa..."

Congrats! :)