What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Memoir written by a former fashion editor, released around after Mar 2016

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvonne (last edited Jun 30, 2016 04:07AM) (new)

Yvonne Yu | 1 comments Non-fiction, biography.
I read about this book from an article/book review, but cannot remember the title.

In the article, the author recounts the time when she was fresh out of school and working in her first job in a fashion magazine. Aside from the writing, she also did photoshoots, which were in those times, very DIY affairs where she had to hold curtains, select clothes, etc. She recalls working with a photographer before he became a big shot and didn't work with her magazine anymore. She also got her headshot photographed by the same photographer, who on some level creeped her out too.
The book is not her first work. The title is about five to eight words. The author is very funny and witty. I'm dying to read it but my scatter brain, even with google's help, cannot remember more details. Thank you for any leads!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments A little to early, but Tales from the Back Row: An Outsider’s View from Inside the Fashion Industry Tales from the Back Row An Outsider’s View from Inside the Fashion Industry by Amy Odell ?

Do you remember the cover? Do you remember what magazines she worked for?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
What is the former fashion editor doing now, and how old is she now?

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Mar 14, 2017 04:26AM) (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments Could be The Vogue Factor by Kirstie Clements, former editor of Australian Vogue. Just read it myself!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Yvonne, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Daisy (new)