Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley July 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 30, 2016 03:28AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31504 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for July 16th & 17th

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31504 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Jul 31, 2016 02:25AM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14753 comments Mod
Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 6
Books:
Dear Thing by Julie Cohen The French Lesson (The Confessions of Henrietta Lightfoot #2) by Hallie Rubenhold The Other Einstein A Novel by Marie Benedict A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald by Natasha Lester Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire #1) by Michael J. Sullivan A Deadly Affection by Cuyler Overholt

Feedback ratio: 90%

FINISHED
Dear Thing by Julie Cohen review
The French Lesson (The Confessions of Henrietta Lightfoot #2) by Hallie Rubenhold review
Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire #1) by Michael J. Sullivan review

ADDED
The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 5
Feedback Ratio:92%

message 4: by Kristie (last edited Jul 21, 2016 07:36PM) (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments I'm in again! These monthly challenges are helping so much!

July

Beginning of the month:

Books on shelf - 14

Books:
The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman (7/14) Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1) by Brenda Novak (8/30) The Other Einstein A Novel by Marie Benedict (11/30) All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda Life Moves Pretty Fast The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don't Learn Them From Movies Any More) by Hadley Freeman The Girl You Lost by Kathryn Croft The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick, #7; Missing Persons Trilogy #1) by Sara Blaedel Hiding Places by Erin Healy My Sister's Secret by Tracy Buchanan The Flying Circus by Susan Crandall Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly The Goodbye Year by Kaira Rouda

Netgalley ratio: 81%

End of the month:

Books read: 3
All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda Caillou Goes to School by Anne Paradis The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman

Reviews: 3
All the Missing Girls review
Caillou Goes to School - reviewed on NetGalley only
The Invisible Library review

Shelf count: 13

Ratio: 82%

Review Weekend: July 16 & 17

Books Added: 2
The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne (10/1) Caillou Goes to School by Anne Paradis

message 5: by Alysa (last edited Mar 07, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

Alysa H. | 3713 comments I'm in!

Beginning of month
Books on my NetGalley To-Read shelf: 60
Feedback ratio: 79%

NetGalley Review

Read:
Bitterwood (my review)
Blood Moon (my review)
A Density of Souls (my review)
Followed by Frost (my review)
Hope & Red (my review)
Nightshades (my review)
The Pirate of Fathoms Deep (my review)
Sorting the Beef from the Bull (my review)
Summoned (my review)
Tell the Wind and Fire (my review)

Bitterwood by Rowan Speedwell Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1) by M.J. O'Shea A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice Followed by Frost by Charlie N. Holmberg Hope and Red (Empire of Storms, #1) by Jon Skovron Nightshades (Nightshades, #1) by Melissa F. Olson The Pirate of Fathoms Deep (Tales of the High Court, #2) by Megan Derr Sorting the Beef from the Bull The Science of Food Fraud Forensics by Richard Evershed Summoned (Summoned Series Book 1) by Rainy Kaye Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan

DNF:
Fire Catcher (my review)
The Snow Garden (my review)
Ticker (my review)
Wytchfire (my review)

Fire Catcher (The Thief Taker #2) by C.S. Quinn The Snow Garden by Christopher Rice Ticker by Lisa Mantchev Wytchfire (The Dragonkin Trilogy, #1) by Michael Meyerhofer

End of month
Books on my NetGalley To-Read shelf: 50 (including a few new ones, heh)
Feedback ratio: 83%

I'm over 80%! Yay!
80%

Challenge Complete!

message 6: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 26, 2016 08:36AM) (new)

Elizabeth July
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf:8

b: What books are on your NG shelf:
No Witness but the Moon by Suzanne Chazin ( just got invited to view)
Shadows of the Stone Benders (The Anlon Cully Chronicles, #1) by K. Patrick Donoghue
Nessie Exploring the Supernatural Origins of the Loch Ness Monster by Nick Redfern
The Body Reader by Anne Frasier
The Lost Ones by Vena Cork
The Perfect Horse The Daring American Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts
The Emperor of the Eight Islands (Tale of Shikanoko, #1) by Lian Hearn
Something Wicked A Ghost Hunter Explores Negative Spirits by Debi Chestnut

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is:80%
80%

Books read:
As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson, #1) by Salla Simukka , 6/2/17 2 stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Satan's Lambs by Lynn S. Hightower 7/4/16 five stars
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The Last Time She Saw Him (Julia Gooden Mystery #1) by Jane Haseldine 7/8/16 five stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Books DNF 100%
As White As Snow by Salla Simukka

, My Girl by Jack Jordan 7/5/16
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Next one to pick up:

message 7: by Kazen (last edited Jul 31, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Kazen July

I have two outstanding requests that have been that way for over a month now... hopefully they'll make a decision soon! Until then...

Beginning of month - 95%
The Ballroom A Novel by Anna Hope

Added:
Buzz Books 2016 Romance Exclusive Excerpts from Top New Romance Titles (BuzzBooks) by Publishers Lunch Protege by Lydia Michaels Generation Chef Risking It All for a New American Dream by Karen Stabiner

Reviews:
The Emperor's Arrow by Lauren D.M. Smith -> 2★ review

End ratio - 91%

message 8: by Connie N. (last edited Jul 30, 2016 06:08PM) (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments NetGalley Challenge – July
Feedback ratio - 57% to 59%

On shelf 7/1/16 - Too many!
Read: 4
Added: 11
On Shelf 7/31/16 - Hopefully less...

Titles to read in July:
Almost Forever (Austin Heroes, #2) by Kathy Clark Full Heat A Brothers of Mayhem Novel by Carla Swafford I've Got Sand In All the Wrong Places by Lisa Scottoline Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1) by Kelly Jamieson Miss Match (Miss Match, #1) by Laurelin McGee Reason to Believe (White Lace, #2) by Gina Gordon Second Helpings at the Serve You Right Café by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs Stacked Up (Worth the Fight, #6) by Sidney Halston Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2) by Mira Lyn Kelly

Risking It All by Christi Barth - 7/3/16 ♥♥♥♥
Risking It All (Naked Men, #1) by Christi Barth - Risking Review

The Sound of Glass by Karen White - 7/10/16 ♥♥♥♥♥
The Sound of Glass by Karen White - Sound of Glass Review

I Knew You Were Trouble by Soraya Lane - 7/12/16 ♥♥♥
I Knew You Were Trouble (Texas Kings, #3) by Soraya Lane - I Knew You Were Trouble Review

Miss Match by Laurelin McGee - 7/30/16 ♥♥♥♥
Miss Match (Miss Match, #1) by Laurelin McGee
Miss Match Review

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 17, 2016 05:19PM) (new)

NetGalley Challenge – July

July 1:
Feedback ratio: 57%
# books on shelf: 8 books

The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs Tag, You're Dead by J.C. Lane A House for Happy Mothers by Amulya MalladiThe Heavenly Table by Donald Ray PollockIn Twenty Years by Allison Winn ScotchMachinations (Machinations, #1) by Hayley StoneThe Valley (The Valley Trilogy, #1) by Helen Bryan

Archived: A House for Happy Mothers by Amulya Malladi and Tag, You're Dead by J.C. Lane

Read: 2

Reviewed: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead ~https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
The Last One by Alexandra Oliva~https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire #1) by Michael J. Sullivan~https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 11: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments I just went to do a bit of housekeeping in NetGalley and realized that there was still a book sitting there from a couple of years ago that I had no interest in. I was just learning how to use NetGalley and I received an email stating that I was preapproved for a book. When I clicked on it to see what it was about, it automatically added it to my shelf, but I had no interest in reading it and never downloaded it. I just sent a message to the publisher explaining my error. So, without changing any of the books on my shelf, my percentage is actually 81%! Yay!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristie wrote: "I just went to do a bit of housekeeping in NetGalley and realized that there was still a book sitting there from a couple of years ago that I had no interest in. I was just learning how to use NetG..."

YAY! That's definitively a reason to celebrate, a big accomplishment that I'm personally slowly working towards. :-)

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth just started my first NetGalley book for this month which is As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson, #1) by Salla Simukka already 40 % in it, : book synopsis:The first story in the thrilling Nordic crime series The Snow White Trilogy, an international success published in 46 countries worldwide. 'Fans of Nesbø and Larsson won't be disappointed' Publishers Weekly The streets of Finland are frozen and white with snow. And nothing is as red against snow as blood . . . Seventeen-year-old Lumikki Andersson is hardly your average teenager. She lives by herself in the city of Tampere, Finland, and has a firm rule to mind nobody's business but her own. But that rule is put to the test when she happens upon five hundred washed euro notes hanging up to dry in her school's darkroom, and it is shattered once Lumikki realises who owns them. Caught in an increasingly tangled web of deception, corruption and danger, Lumikki finds herself navigating Tampere's dark underbelly in her quest to expose its shocking connection to the international drugs trade. Lumikki is smart, but is she smarter than a master criminal? Can she bring down the infamous 'Polar Bear' - or will she become another one of his victims.

I'm actually like the story and I also think the name Lumikki is so cool Because its Snow White .

message 14: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Thanks, Marcelina! I was very excited about it. :)

message 15: by Madeline (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:48PM) (new)

Madeline (maddyd51) | 50 comments 1. Beginning of the Month:

a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 23

b: Books I want to review this month:

Like last month, my goal is to get to a point where I'm posting reviews right around the date they are published. I've got 8 books from May to get through. I'm shooting for all of those this month, which will not be easy, but I'm going to try!

Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave The Map of Bones (The Fire Sermon, #2) by Francesca Haig The Assistants by Camille Perri Central Station by Lavie Tidhar The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley Smoke by Dan Vyleta The Children by Ann Leary The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3) by Justin Cronin

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 70%

2. Reviews:

Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave Review The Assistants by Camille Perri Review The Map of Bones (The Fire Sermon, #2) by Francesca Haig Review Central Station by Lavie Tidhar Review The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley Review The Children by Ann Leary Review

message 16: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Carver (alexacarver) | 191 comments This was really helpful last month, I'm in again!

July
Books on Shelf: 13

Katheryn, The Wanton Queen by Maureen Peters St. Martin’s First Winter 2016 Sampler by Various The Improbability of Love by Hannah Mary Rothschild The Things We Knew by Catherine West To Love a Stranger by Colleen Coble How To Hook A Husband by Sarah Harvey Yoga Beyond the Mat How to Make Yoga Your Spiritual Practice by Alanna Kaivalya The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber Twilight at Blueberry Barrens (Sunset Cove #3) by Colleen Coble A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauck History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund

Feedback Ratio: 35%

Last month I read 5 and added 8 books to my shelf, this month my goal is to have more out than in.

message 17: by Amanda (last edited Jul 17, 2016 08:10PM) (new)

Amanda (daughterofoak) | 3473 comments I'm in! :)
I'm going to try to use some Netgalley books for Wobble, so that is an extra goal this month.

To Read This Month:
Rival Forces (K-9 Rescue, #4) by D.D. Ayres The Emperor's Railroad (Dreaming Cities, #1) by Guy Haley Cursed (Beholder #1) by Christina Bauer Before the Fall by Noah Hawley How to Rescue a Rake (Book Club Belles Society, #3) by Jayne Fresina Gun to My Head by Dira Lewis Hour of Mischief by Aimee Hyndman

Finished Books:
Getting It Right (Restoration #1) by A.M. Arthur
Wonderland by Rob Browatzke

Still To Review (from previous months)
The Young World (The Young World, #1) by Chris Weitz
The Shadow Revolution (Crown & Key, #1) by Clay Griffith
The Irresistible Miss Peppiwell (Scandalous House of Calydon, #2) by Stacy Reid
The Haunted Pub by Melanie Tushmore

message 19: by Sassafrass (last edited Jul 30, 2016 06:29AM) (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 1142 comments June got some reviews off my shelf, so I'll continue with this again for this month.

a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 14

Perfectly Seduced
Wanting It All
Hollywood Hot Mess
Just What I Needed 7/27/16
The Curse of Tenth Grave 7/1/16
Roped In 7/8/16
Don't Tempt Me 7/20/16
To Have and to Hold 7/3/16
The Sapphire Affair 7/9/16
The Sapphire Heist 7/10/16
Wild Embrace
Fool Me Once 7/29/16
Connection Error
Ravage

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 63%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)
my link text

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Books Read:

NetGalley Review

The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10) by Darynda Jones Review

To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1) by Lauren Layne Review

Roped In by Marie Sexton Review

The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1) by Lauren Blakely Review

The Sapphire Heist (Jewel #2) by Lauren Blakely Review

Don't Tempt Me (Guthrie Brothers #1) by Lori Foster Review

Just What I Needed (Need You, #2) by Lorelei James Review

Fool Me Once (Foolproof Love, #2) by Katee Robert Review

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1558 comments a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 44
b: What books are on your NG shelf: One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards Breaking His Rules by R.C. Matthews In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Killer Game by Kirsty McKay Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster Twisted by Hannah Jayne The Unmoving Sky by K.L. Hallam Watching Edie by Camilla Way Full Share (Shore House, #1) by Eliza Freed
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 38%

Books archiving this month:
Breaking His Rules by R.C. Matthews

Already archived:
In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers Twisted by Hannah Jayne The Unmoving Sky by K.L. Hallam Full Share (Shore House, #1) by Eliza Freed The Unseen World by Liz Moore Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey You Were Here by Cori McCarthy Always Second Best (Broken Dreams Em & Nick #2) by Elodie Nowodazkij How Many Letters Are In Goodbye? by Yvonne Cassidy

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments I finished my first book for the month. It was a graphic novel, so a pretty quick read.
White Sand, Volume 1 (White Sand, #1) by Brandon Sanderson was okay. I generally really like Sanderson's writing, but in this case I felt that the complexity of the story wasn't supported by its development.

message 22: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments I finished my first book for July, All the Missing Girls! I'll write my review tomorrow and post. Too tired to do it tonight!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kristie wrote: "I finished my first book for July, All the Missing Girls! I'll write my review tomorrow and post. Too tired to do it tonight!"

Hope you liked it or loved it,I know I did

message 24: by RachelvlehcaR (new)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 4364 comments My NetGalley percentage is major bad. In the beginning of June it was a 2%. :O Shame. I know. At the end of June it was 6%. I'm slowly moving upwards, bad things is I've added more books. Good thing W.O.B.B.L.E. is here. I will get books read!

a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf

- 67 archived
- 2 pending
- 44 on my to read shelf
- 7 read & reviewed (working on a few more)
- The Total is 111

- I need to read these by the end of the month (9 books):
Torture Man by Warren Adler Lethal Kisses 18 Stories of Sex, Horror and Revenge by Ellen Datlow The Dolphin by Craig Bennett Hallenstein Ghost Run (Day by Day Armageddon, #4) by J.L. Bourne The Pit (Watchmaker's Hell #1) by L.A. Barnes Galactic Legend of Life and Death by Boian Alexandrov The Redemption of Erâth Exile by Satis Hell Bound by Andrew P. Weston Thorn (Thorn Saga, #1) by Joshua Ingle
- On the To Read Shelf (44 books not all listed here):
Dead Souls A Novel by J. Lincoln Fenn The Spirit Chaser by K.M. Montemayor Black Magic Series Starter, the by Dennis Wheatley Unhidden (The Gatekeeper Chronicles, Book 1) by Dina Given Rise of the Enemy (The Enemy, #2) by Rob Sinclair Writers of the Future Volume 31 by L. Ron Hubbard Judgment of Murder by C.S. Challinor Cannibalism A Perfectly Natural History by Bill Schutt Butter A Rich History by Elaine Khosrova Marie Antoinette's Darkest Days Prisoner No. 280 in the Conciergerie by Will Bashor Split the Sun (Inherit the Stars, #2) by Tessa Elwood Stumbling On A Tale by Suzanne Roche Voyage of the Defiance (Breaking Free #1) by S.E. Smith A Menagerie of Mysterious Beasts Encounters with Cryptid Creatures by Ken Gerhard Nessie Exploring the Supernatural Origins of the Loch Ness Monster by Nick Redfern Haunted Bridges Over 300 of America's Creepiest Crossings by Rich Newman
- On the Archived List (61 books):
A Strange Little Place The Hauntings & Unexplained Events of One Small Town by Brennan Storr The Agony That Remains A Paranormal Investigation in America's Heartland by Brandon Callahan Dark Spirits A Man Terrorized by the Supernatural by Stephen Lancaster The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy 2016 Edition by Rich Horton The South Forsaken by Rachel Drummond The Cold Embrace Weird Stories by Women by S.T. Joshi The Sign in the Moonlight And Other Stories (Digital Horror Fiction Author Collection) by David Tallerman Piercing Through by R.J. Fanucchi No Light in August Tales from Carcosa & the Borderland by R.L. Robinson The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian Redemption Road by John Hart Faith and Moonlight (Faith and Moonlight #1) by Mark Gelineau The Unusual Possession of Alastair Stubb by David John Griffin Dead of Night (Aftershock, #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne Girl of Myth and Legend (The Chosen Saga #1) by Giselle Simlett A Reaper of Stone (A Reaper of Stone #1) by Mark Gelineau Broken Banners (A Reaper of Stone #2) by Mark Gelineau Rend the Dark (Rend the Dark #1) by Mark Gelineau Skinshaper (Rend the Dark #2) by Mark Gelineau The Village of Eben Hollow by Brad A. Braddock The Children's Home by Charles Lambert Monsterland by Michael Phillip Cash Footsteps in the Sky by Greg Keyes Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton As Night Falls by Jenny Milchman A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale #1) by Liz Braswell Everywhere It's You by C.B. Salem Buried Secrets (Men of Valor #1) by Irene Hannon Dark Wine by Beth Tashery Shannon The Child Garden by Catriona McPherson The House of the Last Man on Earth by Robert B. Marcus Jr. Tin Men by Christopher Golden Dave vs. the Monsters Emergence by John Birmingham From Bruges with Love (The Pieter Van In Mysteries) by Pieter Aspe Manhattan Mayhem New Crime Stories from Mystery Writers of America by Mary Higgins Clark The Aeschylus by David Barclay The Ravens by Vidar Sundstøl Blind Spot by Tom Kakonis Die For Me (Bragg #8) by Jack Lynch Travels with Gannon and Wyatt Great Bear Rainforest by Patti Wheeler A Killing Sky (Frank Pavlicek Mysteries, #2) by Andy Straka Travels with Gannon and Wyatt Greenland by Patti Wheeler Travels with Gannon and Wyatt Egypt by Patti Wheeler Off And Running by Philip Reed Travels with Gannon and Wyatt Botswana by Patti Wheeler Susannah Screaming by Carolyn Weston Hail Storme A Wyatt Storme Thriller by W.L. Ripley Travels with Gannon and Wyatt Ireland by Patti Wheeler A Witness Above (Frank Pavlicek Mysteries, #1) by Andy Straka Blanche Cleans Up by Barbara Neely Irona 700 by Dave Duncan Undertow (Undertow #1) by Michael Buckley Cyberbia Doomsday General by Justin Greene The Field Trip by R.A. Andrade The IX by Andrew P. Weston '89 Walls by Katie Pierson Come Winter by Clare Gutierrez Fight Back by Brent R. Sherrard Femme by Mette Bach Real Justice A Police Mr. Big Sting Goes Wrong The Story of Kyle Unger by Richard Brignall Unleashed (Kate Turner, DVM #2) by Eileen Brady The Case of the Invisible Dog A Shirley Homes Mystery by Diane Stingley The Hanged Man (Her Majesty's Psychic Service, #1) by P.N. Elrod Mayhem in Margaux by Jean-Pierre Alaux
- Never downloaded, luckily I found them at the library (2 Books):
Broken Promise (Promise Falls Trilogy, #1) by Linwood Barclay The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is
- At the beginning of the month 6%. I know. I know. That's really bad, but I'm moving up. It was 2% last month. Bad thing is I did add more books.

description

Reviews go here.

message 25: by Kristie (new)

message 26: by Caron (last edited Jul 31, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments NetGalley Challenge: July 2016

On Shelf: 5

Titles on Shelf:

The Story Traveler by Max Candee The Beast That Never Was by Caren J. Werlinger Detached by Christina Kilbourne Hockey Karma by Howard Shapiro Time in a Bottle by Kathleen D. Tresemer

Feedback Ratio: 92%

Read/Reviewed:
Wrecked by Maria Padian Anomaly The Soul Prophecies by Caitlin Lynagh In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers

Wrecked Review
In the Hope of Memories Review

message 27: by Michelle (last edited Jul 31, 2016 10:43PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Really need this right now!

July 1st:
How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 16!!
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 9%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Be Light Like a Bird by Monika Schröder Hidden (Five Fates, #1) by Amy McKinley Hatred Day (Hatred Day, #1) by T.S. Pettibone Risuko A Kunoichi Tale (Seasons of the Sword #1) by David Kudler Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember The Complete Alice In Wonderland by Leah Moore Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch We Awaken by Calista Lynne Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1) by M.J. O'Shea The Last Stop by Michael H Burnam The Broken Destiny (Broken, #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne Escape to Ash Island (Generation Havoc #1) by J.H. Lucas The Story Traveler by Max Candee Between by Dora Hilburn Addicted to Love by Kathleen Murray Klosterman

a: What books you read: NOT EVEN ONE TT.TT But I did start two --I was just busier than expected xD
Everything else is the same, hoping for a better August.

message 28: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Blogs (brookeblogs) | 9 comments I'm in for July!

NetGalley Feedback Ratio: 83%

Books on my NetGalley shelf: 21

The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1) by Samantha Young Twisted Up by Erin Nicholas Paint the Town Dead (Silver Six Crafting Mystery #2) by Nancy Haddock Murder at the Mansion by Janet Finsilver Death at the Day Lily Cafe by Wendy Sand Eckel Midsummer Night's Mischief by Jennifer David Hesse Show Time by Suzanne M. Trauth Clock and Dagger (Clock Shop Mystery, #2) by Julianne Holmes Written Off A Mysterious Detective Mystery by E.J. Copperman First Comes Love by Emily Giffin Little Girl Gone (An Afton Tangler Thriller #1) by Gerry Schmitt In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3) by Robert Dugoni A Most Curious Murder A Little Library Mystery by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli After the Lie by Kerry Fisher Toasting Up Trouble (Dinner Club Mystery #1) by Linda Wiken All Murders Final! by Sherry Harris How to Save a Life by Kristin Harmel I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh Wrapped In You (The Monroes, #1) by Jules Bennett Exposed (Tough Justice #1) by Carla Cassidy Seniors Sleuth (Winston Wong Cozy Mystery, #1) by J.J. Chow

message 29: by Parvathy (new)

Parvathy | 242 comments Incentive to get through my Netgalley reads and improve my ratio

Netgalley feed back ratio 63 %

Books on Shelf

The Shadow Hour by Kate Riordan
Harem The World Behind the Veil by Alev Lytle Croutier

message 30: by Delitealex (last edited Jul 07, 2016 04:50AM) (new)

Delitealex | 3970 comments Feedback ratio: 23%
Books on shelf: 58

Netgalley books read 2
Death at a Fixer-Upper A Home Sweet Home Mystery by Sarah T. Hobart The Doctor's Baby Secret Thief's Magic (Millennium’s Rule, #1) by Trudi Canavan Desire Unmatched (Coded For Love, #4) by Lynne Silver currently reading First Match (Coded for Love, #6) by Lynne Silver Desperate Match (Coded for Love, #5) by Lynne Silver Lone Wolf (The Wolf Shifters of Raven Ridge, #1) by Tessa Clarke Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O'Roark Fury Scorned (New England Furies, #2) by Nicola R. White Weight of the Heart (Bruna Husky #2) by Rosa Montero Final Fondue (A Five-Ingredient Mystery #3) by Maya Corrigan Murder on a Designer Diet (A Red Carpet Catering Mystery, #3) by Shawn Reilly Simmons 7/3 Paladins of the Storm Lord by Barbara Ann Wright 7/5

message 31: by Nicole (last edited Jul 25, 2016 05:35PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 7 books
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 36%

The Beast That Never Was by Caren J. Werlinger Completed 3/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 5 stars
Black Fairy Tale by Otsuichi Completed 9/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 5 stars
Shaken to the Core by Jae Completed 18/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 3 stars
The Romantics by Leah Konen Completed 19/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 4 stars
We Awaken by Calista Lynne Completed 22/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 3 stars
First Position by Melissa Brayden Completed 25/7 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 4 Stars

NetGalley Review

To read:
The Beast That Never Was by Caren J. Werlinger Black Fairy Tale by Otsuichi The Man on Top of the World by Vanessa Clark (V.C.) A Kind of Justice by Renee James Blood Red Snow White A Novel by Marcus Sedgwick The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti Before She Wakes Forbidden Fairy Tales by Sharon Lynn Fisher

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with more books on my shelf at the end of the month than I had at the beginning...

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 32: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments I posted reviews for two cookbooks:
Pure Food A Chef’s Handbook for Eating Clean, with Healthy, Delicious Recipes by Kurt Beecher Dammeier https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Canning for a New Generation Updated and Expanded Edition Bold, Fresh Flavors for the Modern Pantry by Liana Krissoff https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

But, I also found out that I was approved for two books I had requested:
Diadem from the Stars (The Diadem Saga Book 1) by Jo Clayton , which I had wished for
The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne , Yea! Oberon is telling mystery stories!

message 33: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Oberon has a story? Yes! :)

message 34: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

Yes, it's a novella, so I plan to read it this week. I can hardly wait! Even better, it looks like it may the first of several.

message 35: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Lara wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

Yes, it's a novella, so I plan to read it this week. I can hardly wait! Even better, it looks like it may the first of several."

I've been trying not to request more, but I may have to request this one.

message 36: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Elizabeth wrote: "just started my first NetGalley book for this month which is As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson, #1) by Salla Simukka already 40 % in it, : book synopsis:The first story in the thrilling Nordic crime series The Snow W..."

Based on this, I was so interested in picking up this story only to log into Netgalley and see that it had already been archived :(:(

Will just have to follow it up at my library :D

message 37: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

awesome!

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

awesome!"

I'm so tempted by this, but I'm not up to date with the main Druid series. Do you reckon that'll be a problem?

message 39: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

awesome!"

And of course I requested it. And was approved. :) lol

Adding The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne (so excited!)
Ratio: 81%

message 40: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Haha. I requested, but as they are asking for US readers I'm not holding high hopes.

I'm not sure Nicole, but I'm going to catch up just in case as I find novellas generally talk about events in the book immediately prior

message 41: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 06, 2016 05:42PM) (new)

Elizabeth Nicole wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "just started my first NetGalley book for this month which is As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson, #1) by Salla Simukka already 40 % in it, : book synopsis:The first story in the thrilling Nordic crime..."

hopefully your like it better then I did, it went from me really liking it to a 2 star rating for me.

message 42: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "Haha. I requested, but as they are asking for US readers I'm not holding high hopes.

I'm not sure Nicole, but I'm going to catch up just in case as I find novellas generally talk about events in t..."

Oh, I hope they make an exception for you! :)

I still need to read the latest release in the series too, which is #8. I should probably read it before this one, which is listed as #8.5.

message 43: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (maddyd51) | 50 comments One down! Percentage inched up to 72% despite approval for Kalifus Rising (Legends of Orkney, #2) by Alane Adams .

Here's my review:

The Assistants by Camille Perri
Review ***1/2

I'm almost done with books published on May 3. Unfortunately to read the next one, I have to read the first book in the series first, but it's a dystopian YA that I think I will burn through quickly! The Fire Sermon (The Fire Sermon, #1) by Francesca Haig then The Map of Bones (The Fire Sermon, #2) by Francesca Haig

message 44: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments Nicole wrote: "Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Oberon has a story? Yes! :)"

awesome!"

I'm so tempted by this, but I'm not up to date with the main Druid series. Do you reckon that'll be a problem?"

Well, the location and context will be different, but mostly it seems to be Atticus and Oberon investigating dognapping. So, you could probably get along okay.

message 45: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments Kristie wrote: "I still need to read the latest release in the series too, which is #8. I should probably read it before this one, which is listed as #8.5. "

I decided to go ahead and start it even though I still need to read Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8) by Kevin Hearne as well. It is really funny. I was cracking up with the first paragraph, especially the last sentence. I don't want to ruin it for you, so will let you discover it yourself.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

message 47: by Nicole (last edited Jul 07, 2016 04:21PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Aha! I may not have been able to get a hold of Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1) by M.J. O'Shea before it was archived.

However! Both Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna, #2) by M.J. O'Shea and Cold Moon (Insolita Luna) by M.J. O'Shea are available as immediate reads that are set in the same world but with different main characters.

Oops, i think I just made my Netgalley percentage lower again >.>

Edit: Ack, I just had another three books approved, for a grand total percentage of 21% :(:(

*reads manically*

message 48: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Kristie wrote: "Oh, I hope they make an exception for you! :)

I still need to read the latest release in the series too, which is #8. I should probably read it before this one, which is listed as #8.5. ..."

I got approved! :D
Ok, so now I need to catch up with the latest 3 books

message 49: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Oh yay!! :D

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Oh hey, Karen, you're up to the same book as me. I'm almost tempted to do a buddy read ;)

« previous 1 3