New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived- Challenges > 2016 Monthly Challenge - July

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments This reading challenge will start on July 1, 2016 and end on July 31, 2016. This month we will be looking at the seasons of Summer and Winter. As it is currently the middle of Winter in Australia, though where I live you can mistake it for Summer I thought we could do both Summer and/or Winter theme. This will be very broad and similar to last month in that you can use book covers. If the cover looks to portray a Summer or Winter theme it can be used or if the book talks a lot about the weather status it can also be used. Total of 7 points allocated this month. 3 points for 3 books set in Summer and 3 points for 3 books set in Winter. 1 bonus point for reading 3 Summer books and 3 Winter books.

Ideas for Summer books
Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1) by Melody Grace Love on the Ledge (On the Verge #2) by Zoraida Córdova Next to Me by Allie Everhart

Ideas for Winter books
Frigid (Frigid, #1) by J. Lynn Crave (The Boys of Winter, #1) by Violet Vaughn Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves

message 2: by Maureen (last edited Jul 31, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Maureen (mleeper5) | 65 comments Summer: 3/3
Winter: 3/3

Bonus: 1

Summer:
1. Loving Mr. Daniels - Brittainy C Cherry *** 7/17/16
Based on cover - the story begins at the end of summer, before she starts her senior year
2. Summer Love - RaShelle Workman ** 7/20/16
Based on cover - Summer in title
3. A Summer to Remember (Seasons #1) - Jessica Gunhammer
Based on cover - Summer in title

Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry Summer Love by RaShelle Workman A Summer to Remember (Seasons, #1) by Jessica Gunhammer

Winter:
1. Restraint - Randi Cooley Wilson *** 7/1/16
Many scenes of snow/winter
2. Hit and Run: A Mafia Hitman Romance - Natasha Tanner, Vesper Vaughn *** 7/17/16
Many scenes of snow/winter
3. Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian #1) - Tracey Garvis-Graves **** 7/31/16
Winter scenes

Restraint (The Revelation Series #2) by Randi Cooley Wilson Hit and Run A Mafia Hitman Romance by Natasha Tanner Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves

message 3: by Krissy (last edited Jul 23, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Krissy | 71 comments Love this! I was just looking for Summer/Winter books for the Yearly Challenge..#19 & #20 :)

6/6 Bonus: 1 Total points: 7
Summer-
1. On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves On the Island 7/1 (5*) I loved this book!
-A summer on a tropical island tutoring a sixteen-year-old turns to disaster. Plus cover.
2. The Boys of Summer (Summer, #1) by C.J. Duggan The Boys of Summer 7/11 (3*)
-Summer job and summer lovin'. Plus title.
3. Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3) by K.A. Tucker Four Seconds to Lose 7/15 (4*)
-Hot Miami summer setting. Plus cover.

Winter-
1. The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4) by Jessica Sorensen The Ever After of Ella and Micha 7/6 (3*)
-Christmas wedding and snow setting.
2. Frozen by L.A. Casey Frozen 7/9 (3*)
-Christmas time setting and the main characters get snowed in together. Plus title.
3. Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1) by Sarina Bowen Coming in from the Cold 7/19 (3-3.5*)
-Strangers trapped together during a blizzard end up falling in love. Male character is a champion skier. Plus title.

message 4: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 758 comments Question: no rereads and more than 120 pages, right?

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Hanne wrote: "Question: no rereads and more than 120 pages, right?"

Yep. I noticed I had never never 3 on the last month's ideas but it was only 97 pages. No-one did it though so its ok :)

message 6: by Dee (last edited Jul 31, 2016 03:06AM) (new)

Dee | 851 comments 2/6
Summer
Up in the Treehouse by K.K. Allen ***** summer holidays 19/7/16

Winter
Frigid (Frigid, #1) by J. Lynn *** stuck in a blizzard 31/7/16

message 7: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 758 comments Dee wrote: "Hanne wrote: "Question: no rereads and more than 120 pages, right?"

Yep. I noticed I had never never 3 on the last month's ideas but it was only 97 pages. No-one did it though so its ok :)"

That is what I thought. Thanks for your quick answer!

message 8: by Hanne (last edited Jul 31, 2016 06:19PM) (new)

Hanne | 758 comments 7/7

Summer
1. Prince With Benefits A Billionaire Royal Romance by Nicole Snow - 07/02 ***** -- Erin takes the summer off campus, sunglasses, summer dress
2. Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1) by E.M. Abel - 07/14 **** -- Based on the cover
3. Taking Mine (Breaking Habits #1) by Rachel Schneider - 07/31 ***** -- Cover (sunglasses and tank top) & in the beginning, Lilly mentions that's summer and it's hot outside

Winter
1. Hit and Run A Mafia Hitman Romance by Natasha Tanner - 7/7 ***** -- Snow, cold, icy winter wind, bitter mid-December wind
2. Ladies Man (Manwhore, #3) by Katy Evans - 07/26 ***** -- Based on the cover (wollen sweater and no summerish colors)
3. Next to You by Daisy Prescott - 07/30 ***** -- Stan breaks his leg while skiing and it snows a couple times. Also they mention it's cold outside

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Summer: 0/3
Winter: 0/3
Bonus: 0/1

Summer

Winter

message 10: by Kimi (last edited Jul 25, 2016 06:59PM) (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) Im in
Summer 3/3
Winter 3/3
Bonus 1

Total points 7

Summer
1. Two Outta Three by S. Briones Lim
2. Keep (Seaside Pictures, #2) by Rachel Van Dyken
They spend tons of times out on the beach in this book
3. Seducing Summer (The Four Seasons #1) by Serenity Woods
The title of course, and they talk about the weather, sunny, hot, breezy.

Winter
1. Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves
2. Hit and Run A Mafia Hitman Romance by Natasha Tanner
3. Restraint (The Revelation Series #2) by Randi Cooley Wilson

message 11: by Turtlefrog (new)

Turtlefrog SUMMER
1. The Hazards of Skinny Dipping (Hazards, #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy

message 12: by Kimi (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) I read Keep by Rachel Van Dyken and they are on the b each alot. Can that be used for a summer book?

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee | 851 comments Kimi wrote: "I read Keep by Rachel Van Dyken and they are on the b each alot. Can that be used for a summer book?"

That's fine - just write a sentence to explain to members why you chose that book and the relation to 'summer'.

message 14: by Kimi (new)

Kimi Porkchops (kimi_porkchops) ok cool. thanks

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.