Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)
This topic is about Quickstep to Murder
Featured Series and Cozies > Ballroom Dance Mystery by Ella Barrick

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2845 comments Mod
The featured series for July '16 is the Ballroom Dance Mysteries by Ella Barrick. Stacy Graysin owns a dance studio with her fiance in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. The first book in the series is Quickstep to Murder.

Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1) by Ella Barrick

The other books in the series are:
Dead Man Waltzing (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #2) by Ella Barrick The Homicide Hustle A Ballroom Dance Mystery by Ella Barrick

Dead Man Waltzing
The Homicide Hustle

message 2: by Melodie (last edited Jun 30, 2016 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melodie (melodieco) I enjoyed these books and was sorry the series was dropped by the publisher. This is a pen name for Laura DiSilverio.

Debbie (debbiegray) | 22 comments I just finished Quickstep to Murder by Ella Barrick 7/8/16 Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1) by Ella Barrick I'm really sorry that this series is only 3 books, but the first one was fun.

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 837 comments I read these books as they came out, and I enjoyed them. I've also enjoyed the books that this author has written under her real name, Laura DiSilverio. I really need to work on reading more of them, in fact.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 2 comments Another series for me to discover. I was not aware of this series. Looks good.

message 6: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Debbie wrote: "I just finished Quickstep to Murder by Ella Barrick 7/8/16 Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1) by Ella Barrick I'm really sorry that this series is only 3 books, but the first..."

I started this book at the beginning of July hoping to get it finished before our readathon. Well in the meantime I have gone back to my Cormaran mystery Career of Evil and that is not keeping my interest! I read another one in between abd that did keep my interest. Now I have gone bone back to Quickstep and find it very slow. I'm not sure if I will finish it or not. I also started Hill Top Farm and can't seem to get into that one either! Maybe I should just hang up my glasses and my kindle and wait for next month. Maybe something will spark my interest, I hate to do that because I did buy the books!

Mary

Debbie (debbiegray) | 22 comments This one took a bit to hook me, but it's rather light and fun. I was really hooked by Hill Top Farm, maybe because my life is so busy right now and it was a fun escape.

Chris I read the book - it was a bit slow for me and had trouble with staying with the characters...the motive was good and the ending was good.

message 9: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Chris wrote: "I read the book - it was a bit slow for me and had trouble with staying with the characters...the motive was good and the ending was good."

I did finally finish the book. I actually did like it in the end. I left a fairly good review for a book that took me a long time to get into.

Mary

message 10: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa (mblisa) | 161 comments I have had Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1) by Ella Barrick on my to be read shelf for a while and it always sounded interesting to me.

I enjoyed reading everyone's comments about this book. I haven't started it yet, but I do plan on reading it soon.