Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

The Tale of Hill Top Farm (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #1)
This topic is about The Tale of Hill Top Farm
Featured Series and Cozies > The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter by Susan Wittig Albert

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Jun 30, 2016 03:12AM) (new) - added it

Nell | 2845 comments Mod
July's theme is Historical 1900-1970 and the featured series is The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter by Susan Wittig Albert. In this series, the author of beloved children's books becomes a sleuth with the help of her animal friends. The first book in the series is The Tale of Hill Top Farm.

The Tale of Hill Top Farm (Beatrix Potter Mystery Book 1) by Susan Wittig Albert

Other books in the series are:
The Tale of Holly How (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #2) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #3) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Hawthorn House (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #4) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Briar Bank (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #5) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Applebeck Orchard (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #6) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Oat Cake Crag (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #7) by Susan Wittig Albert The Tale of Castle Cottage (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #8) by Susan Wittig Albert

The Tale of Holly How
The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood
The Tale of Hawthorn House
The Tale of Briar Bank
The Tale of Applebeck Orchard
The Tale of Oat Cake Crag
The Tale of Castle Cottage

Discuss any book in this series here.

Debbie (debbiegray) | 22 comments I am over half way through this book and I'm really enjoying it. The animals put me in mind of Rita Mae Brown. For some reason I enjoy the cozies with talking animals.

Debbie (debbiegray) | 22 comments I think I'm hooked. This is sort of an adult fairly tale and I've fallen down the rabbit hole and want to go on with this series and my local library has them all between over drive and paper. I recently found Susan Wittig Albert and I'm enjoying her books.

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2465 comments Mod
I had trouble getting into this one and returned it to the library. It was more my mood than the book and I plan trying it again later. I like the premise and enjoy SWA's China Bayles series.

message 5: by Penny (new)

Penny (veteran1976) | 140 comments I'm with you on this one. I, too, just couldn't get started. A book really has to grab me right up front or back it goes to the library.
And this one didn't. I was disappointed. I liked the animal characters, it was the human ones that didn't work for me!

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments I just can't seem to get into it. I read a little of it, put it down for a while and then go back to it. Then try again, still can't get to like it.

But I will not give up, I do like Beatrix Potter and Peter Cottontail so I will keep trying to get into this one, besides I did buy the hardcover edition from Amazon so I am invested in it. I very seldom like to give up on books, so I will keep at it!

Mary