YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
This topic is about Captivate Me
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Captivated Series By S.J. Pierce - Reading "Fight for Me" July 25th 2016

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Seventeen-year-old Kat Walsh is a Gifted - a human with paranormal abilities. With her mom a former Angel and her dad a dream prophet, it's always been in her genetic make-up to be extraordinary. Unfortunately for her, the world can't handle the strange or unusual. So when she slips up and uses her powers at her high school in Ireland, the entire student body treats her like a freak - even the ones she thought were her closest friends.

Broken, but hopeful for a fresh start, she allows her parents to enroll her in a boarding school buried deep within the forests of a small Colorado town. At Midland Pines, School for the Gifted, she feels as though she can finally be herself; she makes new friends and even has the attention of the most popular guy in school - Levi. Everything feels normal again... or does it?

Not long after her arrival, weird dreams of an alluring boy whom she's never met surface during the night, and the eerie, shadowy trees encircling their school seem to call to her. As these disturbing, yet enticing developments intensify, other bizarre occurrences happen - students and staff turn up missing, and mystery visitors leave gifts while she sleeps. With all of these other things vying for her attention, a desperate Levi has to fight even harder to keep her interest. But with the dreams of the attractive boy slowly captivating her heart, Kat has to make a choice - will she settle for 'great' Levi, or will she search for her elusive dream visitor, possibly stumbling across 'amazing?'

From the author of the Alyx Rayer Chronicles, comes a refreshingly different Young Adult series with plenty of love, suspense, and a new take on the Paranormal.

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments Yay! So excited to start this one! :)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I hope we enjoy this.

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments I hope so! :)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments I'll start reading this one later after eat. :)))

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments The story is kinda intriguing. (view spoiler) What d'you think?

message 7: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jul 04, 2016 08:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments So far the story is good. Like you (view spoiler).

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments Hannah wrote: "So far the story is good. Like you [spoilers removed]."

I'll continue reading this once I'm done charging my phone.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm up to Chapter 9.

(view spoiler)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments I'm finished! (view spoiler) Tell me if you're planning to read the second book. :)

message 11: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Jul 05, 2016 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I did enjoy this book and I do plan on reading book 2.

(view spoiler)

Complicated books can be a pain. So like you I'm glad this was smoother one.

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments I agree. I thought this would be like the other books I've read that have complicated plot. (view spoiler) Are you planning to read the second book this month?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I'm going to try.

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments You just tell me. :) I'm fine around 21 until the end of this month. :)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5939 comments I still need to buy a copy but I do plan on buying a bunch later this month. So maybe the 25th?

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments Sure! I'm fine with that. :)))

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 234 comments I've read the book 2 already! :))

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.