#AYEARATHON discussion

July 2016 - TBR Catch-up > July - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1329 comments Mod
Hello guys what do you guys plan to read this month? Also what are you planning on Buddy Reading with other people?

I`m planning to read Half a King (Shattered Sea, #1) by Joe Abercrombie and Im planning to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin for my Buddy Read :)

If I get through with those two than its a free for all basically but Im thinking about rereading Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake & reading The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani . These are not set in stone of course.

Buddy Read Thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Buddy Reads Going On:
Night Circus (Buddy Read) - Erin Morgenstern:
The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer (Buddy Read) - Michelle Hodkin:
Unhooked (Buddy Read) - Lisa Maxwell:
The Maze Runner (Buddy Read) - James Dashner:
The Diviners (Buddy Read) - Libba Bray:
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (Buddy Read) - Morgan Matson:

message 2: by Meneniareads (last edited Jun 30, 2016 11:32PM) (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 85 comments I have to be reading for upcoming exams, but I'm guessing I'll need some chill reading too. :P

For my exams, some children's books:
Ole Jakop på bytur
Da Per Var Ku
Rødhatten og ulven
Garmanns sommer
Finishing: To the Lighthouse

For free time reading:
Mosquitoland

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

am planning on getting to : Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1) by Scott K. Andrews Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2) by Erika Johansen

buddy reading night circus.

message 4: by Melisa (new)

Melisa (scatterhearte) I want to finish Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas
Then I want to read The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Holly Black Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Loss (The Originals, #2) by Julie Plec Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer Chess Story by Stefan Zweig and reread Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

message 5: by Ashly (last edited Jul 01, 2016 07:03AM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 98 comments This month I'm planning on reading Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Mindee Arnett On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis Everland by Wendy Spinale Summer Days & Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins The Underdogs by Sara Hammel Original Fake by Kirstin Cronn-Mills

Graphic Novels
Ms. Marvel, Vol. 3 Crushed by G. Willow Wilson Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4 Last Days by G. Willow Wilson Gotham Academy, Vol. 1 Welcome to Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan Gotham Academy, Vol. 2 Calamity by Becky Cloonan Descender #1 by Jeff Lemire Descender, Vol 2 Machine Moon by Jeff Lemire

7 of these books/graphic novels are from the library. My dad is visiting this month for 2 weeks and I don't know if I will get to all of them (I really want to) but I will try.

message 6: by Giuliana (new)

Giuliana (giulianareads) | 11 comments Finishing:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

Other books I'd like to get to:
Hold Me Closer The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) by Jenny Han

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 41 comments I forgot that this month was catch up TBR yes! I am going to be catching up on my books that I started last month There's a (Slight) Chance I Might Be Going to Hell A Novel of Sewer Pipes, Pageant Queens, and Big Trouble by Laurie Notaro I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga

Books that I need to catch up for because I'm hosting a stephenking2016 read-a-long and I'm lagging Pet Sematary by Stephen King Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2) by Stephen King

and my buddy read Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia

I won't be able to get to all of these but I'd like to make a head start on a few.

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:45AM) (new)

Elizabeth ok so here are the books I know I'm reading this month( don't know which one I'll pick to start with for 7/4/16) I know at some might be off be for then if so I'll just come back and re do my list.
The Secret Hour (Killing Time, #1) by Evie Ryan
What Hurts the Most (7th Street Crew Book 1) by Willow Rose
Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) by Christopher Paolini ( reading)
The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell ( waiting for it )
Christine by Stephen King ( 6th Stephen Book of this year)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a very ambitious TBR for this readathon, but the list is more based on my overall month TBR which is 10 books so hopefully this readathon will get me up to speed with that goal!

The books are...
Fallen Angel (Fallen Angel, #1) by David Lamour A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari Black Butterfly by Robert M. Drake The Portable Veblen by Elizabeth Mckenzie The Soul of an Octopus A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels, #1) by Elena Ferrante Daytripper by Fábio Moon

I am also buddy reading...
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

And I plan on finishing...
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

message 10: by I'mogén (new)

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 52 comments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTsL...
Heya! Here's my recent wrap up! I read a lot of Netgalley books, comics and some great novels! I've also included my TBR for some readathons that I hope to take part in during July, which are the #AYEARATHON and the #ReadASOIAF :D
Let me know your fave book of June and what you hope to read this month! Happy reading!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (outtaty) | 13 comments I hope to read Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing, #1) by Milda Harris Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
I hope to get some great reading in this week!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

My TBR can be found here on my blog: https://rattlethestarssite.wordpress....

I'm hoping to read 3 books, but we'll see because I'm really busy. Fingers crossed!

message 14: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 116 comments So, my TBR is:
After the Woods by Kim Savage City of Thieves by David Benioff The Fever by Megan Abbott Bird Box by Josh Malerman Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do by Sarah Knight Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle Vicious (Vicious, #1) by V.E. Schwab

I know I have way too many books on my list, but I wanted give myself lots of options. I will be doing a buddy read for Pretty Baby and I really want to tackle After the Woods or The Fever. If I manage to read those three books, I'll be a happy bookworm!

message 15: by Kari (new)

Kari Marie | 1 comments I have 2 books that I am currently half way through and plan to finish: Emotional Intelligence Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman and Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult . Then I would like to read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and Runaway by Alice Munro . I only have these books in German, but I have my German language test coming up soon- this is my way of studying! I would love to have a buddy for one of these, even if it is read in English.

message 16: by Noseinabook (new)

Noseinabook (goodreadscomnoseinabook) | 44 comments Definitely excited about this month's theme. I'm having a lot of trouble narrowing down my TBR. I have a ton of books from the library and a few I've not yet read from my Owlcrate subscription. I also have a book from each month's previous TBR that I didn't get to. I'm going to start with those and see how far I get. Those include Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley, A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall, House by Frank Peretti, Rebel by Linda Windsor and the Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I don't know how many of these I'll get to because of my schedule (also the reason I opted out of the buddy read). Happy reading everyone! I hope you are able to catch up a bit on your personal TBR piles! ❤️

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia I plan on finishing
*Library Of Souls by Ransom Riggs
The 3rd book in Miss Peregrines Peculiar children ,that I just started on today. And if I finish Library Of Souls I plan on finally reading
*The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blædel.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments I just decided to join :D
Here's my tbr (also found on my youtube channel )
The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey (If I don't finish it today) Hatred Day (Hatred Day, #1) by T.S. Pettibone A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin
Good luck everyone!! :D

message 19: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 198 comments My TBR for this week is to try and read as many graphic novels as I can! I checked out 10 from the library so I want to get through as many of them as I can but if I decide I want to read a novel I will either pick up You're Never Weird On The Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day or Being Jazz by Jazz Jennings:)

message 20: by Rebecca Jane (last edited Jul 04, 2016 04:18AM) (new)

Rebecca Jane (bec3sjhdbzljldsgwsm) | 33 comments My tbr has changed since I posted in the buddy reads thread. I managed to finish The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) by Brent Weeks earlier than I expected, so I was able to read The Infernal World Of Branwell Brontë by Daphne du Maurier and 60% of The Princess Bride by William Goldman over the weekend. So this week I'm going to finish The Princess Bride and after that I hope to read at least half of The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3) by Scott Lynch :)

message 21: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 116 comments I had forgotten was I halfway through The Rose and the Dagger when I posted my TBR. So, I'm adding it to the list! :D

message 22: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 45 comments here is my TBR for this week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJgA...

message 23: by Liliana (last edited Jul 06, 2016 05:09PM) (new)

Liliana Boada (lilyboada) | 16 comments Well, for this week I'll finish The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas , All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr , The Fire Sermon (The Fire Sermon, #1) by Francesca Haig

and start Mansfield Park by Jane Austen , The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan and The Neverending Story by Michael Ende :)

message 24: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 10 comments I will be finishing The Mortal instruments by reading City of Lost Souls & City of Heavenly Fire. Then I might read The Bane Chronicles.

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Farley (kaymarfar) | 4 comments I plan on finishing Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers and The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen then getting to Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes and listening to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling for the first time on audiobook (I've read them a half a dozen times before).

message 26: by Sicily (new)

Sicily  (sicilyjoy) | 31 comments I want to finish the last chapters of The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X , and reading A Mercy by Toni Morrison now. Buddy reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston . And I will maybe read The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson and I Am Malala The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai

message 27: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 126 comments I have been in such a reading slump so I am going to tackle books on my tbr list from authors who I always zip through
The Siren by Kiera Cass
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover
and some contemporaries and middle grades that have been on my shelf for some time
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1) by Katie Finn
and an Ally Carter Gallagher Girl books which are not numbered and do not have the list of books in them so I cannot even guess which long title it is.
And once I am in a reading mood I will hopefully FINALLY finish the four books I am currently reading.
Good luck to everyone this week, hope you read all the books you want to read.

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I still haven't figured out exactly what I'll be reading throughout the week. I'm on vacation until Thursday afternoon so I have limited access to my TBR until then. But here is a start...

Signs by Anna Martin
(read Monday)

Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1) by Katie McGarry Summer Days & Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 13 comments Wanting to read 8 books. Tortured for Christ (reading, Healing prayer, Business notes, Toxic Feedback, Daddy Loves His Girls, Courageous Living, You Ca Be Happy No Matter What, The confident Women.

message 30: by Jessica (last edited Jul 18, 2016 03:48AM) (new)

Jessica Gomez (spottytiger) | 1 comments I'm thinking of reading The 5th Wave, Eleanor & Park, and City of Heavenly Fire (so that I can finally finish The Bane Chronicles and start Lady Midnight! XD)
Also, I'm already partway through A Clash of Kings, so I guess that is part of it, too! :)

TBR:
The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

message 31: by Ceira (new)

Ceira (candyceira) | 8 comments This month I really want to read The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer and maybe finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

message 32: by I'mogén (new)

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 52 comments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LNW4... Here's my wrap up, including #AYEARATHON, #ReadASOIAF, my haul and review of all the books I finished! I read a total of 5 books, consisting of short stories, novels and comics! :D