What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books about Adult Romance, Werewolf

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I'm looking for an adult romance novel about werewolves/shifters and finding a mate. I want it to have both MC's POVs. It can be a series based on one pair or it can be a series based on different couples every book. I do want it to be more than just one book but if it's a good book then I'm fine with just one book not a series. I would like something with a bit of comedy and drama, maybe a pregnancy (not mandatory) maybe some action or a badass heroine with an alpha hero. Sort of like the book Feral Sins

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm going to suggest an entire HUGE series of books that are part fantasy, part sci-fi, called Witch World by Andre Norton. Not all of the books are romance, some are adventure, some romance. And you don't have to read them in any special order, except maybe the first couple. Witch World is the first book. The series was written over several decades (the first book was published in 1963 and the last one in 1997. There are about 30 or so books in the entire arc, but they are usually broken down into smaller lots, like a trilogy or duo, some stand alones, etc. There are shape-shifters and magic uses, as well as a few places where magic and science battle it out.

Here There Be Monsters is a short story that is the start of a steampunk-esque series. Interesting take on what could have been if things had been slightly different in history. The Iron Duke is the first full length novel in the series.

message 3: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I'll try them out

message 4: by Nyssa (last edited Jun 30, 2016 09:54AM) (new)

Nyssa | 34 comments I can not recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward enough!

While the series (especially the first 5 books) are centered around the brothers, the women do get their say! The romance aspect is catered to each pairing , meaning it can be hot and heavy, slow and sweet, or some combination there of. All of the characters interact with each other across the series, she likes to introduce characters in one book that will get their own story in another book, and all grow and/or change as well.

She also has a relatively new spin-off series, but I have not started reading that one as yet.

message 5: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Ohh Thanks sounds like my type of book. I'll give it a try.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm going to throw a warning in on the BDB books that Nyssa recommended. If you have OCD (I have a slight case of this) OR you are an English teacher, you will not like these books. The editing sucks, the writing isn't great, and we won't even talk about the way that the King of the Brotherhood treats the woman that he's "involved" with (she supplies him with blood) before he meets the heroine in his story. Oh, and the villains aren't that great either. I never got past page 50 of the first one, despite trying three different times. I DID read all of book 2, and didn't like it either. Also, BDB fans are, about 99% rabid about everything that J.R.Ward writes. (I'm probably going to get stomped on, yet again, for suggesting that she's not the greatest writer ever produced, but oh well.) I will say this much about her--she has some of the best ideas for books I've ever read a synopsis for. She just can't write. (Or maybe she needs a better editor, since a bad editor can kill a book.) But her ideas are wonderful. I loved, loved, LOVED, her idea for the vampires in BDB. And her ideas in several of her other series (which I have also tried to read, to no avail.) Sigh, in some ways the woman is a positive genius. In others, not so much. (See, I do try to be positive.) But all I can say is--try them, you might like them, and not have the OCD issues that I have. I just like to warn people, just in case they DO have the same kind of issues I have.

message 7: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 34 comments The only thing I'm rabid about is making sure that my family is well cared for.
You can insult the books all you want, but keep your comments about other readers to yourself.

message 8: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Thanks for the suggestions but I was looking for werewolf books it sounds interesting but I'm not really into the vampire mood at the moment I've been obsessed with werewolves.

I don't mind if the editing isn't all that good as long as it has a good story and makes sense.

message 9: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 34 comments Lyz wrote: "Thanks for the suggestions but I was looking for werewolf books it sounds interesting but I'm not really into the vampire mood at the moment I've been obsessed with werewolves."

Understandable. If you do decide to try them at some point, I hope you enjoy!

Good luck in your search. :)

message 10: by BookNerdLife (last edited Jul 01, 2016 04:14PM) (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Thanks! I will

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments May I also recommend Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series. The series is about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. It's not PNR as much as it is UF, but there is romance here and there and it is a great series. The first book is Kitty and the Midnight Hour.

message 13: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments I'll give those a try

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 23 comments I know you mentioned Feral Sins did d you notice the spin off series?

message 15: by Victoria (last edited Jul 05, 2016 01:22AM) (new)

Victoria (tizywhirl) | 12 comments Hey there!

You should give Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series (I FLIPPIN' LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!) a shot. Sexy Alpha males, romance, good plots, awesome characters, awesome scenes, awesome revisiting characters, awesome, (sigh)... the whole enchilada my dear. (:

Also, Broomstick Breakdown by Eve Langlais is a fun, fast read. Really anything from Eve Langlais is a fun fast read. (:

Here are a few more ideas for you to check out:

Wiccan-Were-bear series by R.E. Butler (Fun and Fast)
Ashland Pride Series by R.E. Butler (I really only like the first two)
Tiger's Curse Series by Colleen Houck (Awesome idea)
Alpha & Omega Series by Patrica Briggs (I LOVE THIS)
Choosing Riley by S.E. Smith (Funny)
Dragon Lords of Valdier Series by S.E. Smith (Fun reads)
Breeds Series by Lora Leigh (Intense)
Shifters Unbound Series by Jennifer Ashley (Semi-Intense)
Roxie's Protectors Series by Marisa Chenery (Fun)
Dragon Lords Series by Michelle M. Pillow (Semi-Intense and very cool idea)

If you're interested in other books that are PNR or just awesome romances with sassy girls...

Rock Kiss Series by Nalini Singh (**Swoon**)
Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh (PNR) (Kick-ass characters)
Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole (PNR) (Hilarious)
Mercy Thompson Series by Patrica Briggs (Awesome)
Wait for You Series by J. Lynn (Okay this one is more on the romance side and not that much action...)
Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy (^Same with this one... ^)
Angle's of the Dark by Gena Showalter (PNR) (I LOVE THIS!)

Okay, sorry.... I know the list is freakishly long... hope this helps!

Happy book hunting!

message 16: by BookNerdLife (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Tizy wrote: "Hey there!

You should give Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series (I FLIPPIN' LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!) a shot. Sexy Alpha males, romance, good plots, awesome characters, awesome scenes, awesome revisit..."

I'll try those that interest me thanks for the list, it gives me more books to read.

message 17: by BookNerdLife (last edited Jul 05, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments Megan wrote: "I know you mentioned Feral Sins did d you notice the spin off series?"
Yeah I know about the spin off and have read them I just like Feral Sins more than the other books in the series

message 18: by Marie (new)

Marie (marie123) | 52 comments Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. A bit of creeping on your bookshelves tells me that you've already added this as a to-read so I can at least second it! It's a long series, and not all of them are about the werewolves but the first two will definitely be what you're looking for! (And if you love them, keep reading the rest of the series. That's a great one.)

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs was mentioned about, but I would like to second it! The main character is a coyote sifter, living next to a pack of werewolves.... oh my! By far a favorite. It's closely linked with the Alpha and Omega series, which is sort of a spin-off

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Marie wrote: "Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. A bit of creeping on your bookshelves tells me that you've already added this as a to-read so I can at least second it! It's a long series, an..."

These are the two I read and recommend. Kelley Armstrong's series is great, as is Mercy Thompson series. Neither are fated-to-be-mated though, I can't think of any like that which are straight for werewolves