YA Kingdom Book Club discussion

Books of the Month > July-In the Crossfire

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Hey everybody! One of July's BOTM's is In the Crossfire! Feel free to post your thoughts here on this book in future months too if you just get around to it then:)

SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO WRITE:
First you should introduce yourself, tell us what you rated the book, and link your blog/tumblr/insta/YouTube review if you have one!

After that it is up to you what to post. Some questions that you could answer include these:

How did you like Yelena's writing style?
Did the book read like a self-published book?
How did you like it compared to These Vicious Masks?
Who was your favorite character?
Were your expectations met going into this?
Did you think the pace of this book was well done?
What was your favorite moment?
What surprised you the most about this book?
Will you consider rereading the book?
Did you like the romantic relationships in this book?
Is this similar to any other book that you've read before?
How long did it take you to finish it?

Obviously you could ask other people questions that you have if you need:)

Have fun!

message 2: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments In The Crossfire by Yelena Lugin

:) Hope you guys enjoy and I can not wait to see what some of you think of this story!

message 3: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments You started?
Thank you! That's awesome to hear :)

message 4: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments So for some reason the link @Sean so kindly sent out to everyone is not working.... So here is an updated one!
SOrry! hope there is no further confusion!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 5: by Swati (last edited Jun 30, 2016 07:58AM) (new)

Swati | 38 comments Yelena wrote: "So for some reason the link @Sean so kindly sent out to everyone is not working.... So here is an updated one!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view..."

Thanks! :D
I just downloaded the book, I'm going to try to read it tomorrow, looking forward to it :)

Btw, when I saw your name I was reminded of Poison Study, I'm probably going to reread the series now :P

message 6: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 4 comments I just downloaded it! Thanks so much for sharing :)

message 7: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Swati wrote: "Yelena wrote: "So for some reason the link @Sean so kindly sent out to everyone is not working.... So here is an updated one!

https://www.smashwords.com/..."

Haha someone recently said that to me about Poison... I have never heard of it or read it but I guess I should! The MC has my name after all...

message 8: by Yali (new)

Yali (yaliadiga) | 5 comments I Just downloaded it too, Going to read it as soon as i finish what I'm currently Reading,
Thanks for sharing!!

message 9: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Did anybody else download the book to kindle? Because after I put it onto my kindle and exited out of the book, I was unable to find the book again.

message 10: by Swati (new)

Swati | 38 comments Sean wrote: "Did anybody else download the book to kindle? Because after I put it onto my kindle and exited out of the book, I was unable to find the book again."

Have you tried searching for it (in the search bar) ??

message 11: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Yes it didn;t come up.

message 12: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) Where were you able to access it?

message 13: by Swati (new)

Swati | 38 comments yep! I have no problem opening it and exiting. Are you using an e-reader or your phone? Maybe you accidentally deleted it?

message 14: by S61 (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) I asked for help from smash words and they helped me out I think I figured it out! Thansk for the help tho!!!!

message 15: by Swati (new)

Swati | 38 comments Great :)

message 16: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Has anyone had a chance to start the book yet? :)

message 17: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 54 comments I just downloaded it.

message 18: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Yay! :) Excited to see what people think of it/ have to say!

message 19: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Yali wrote: "I Just downloaded it too, Going to read it as soon as i finish what I'm currently Reading,
Thanks for sharing!!"

I saw you started it!!! :) what you think so far?

message 20: by Yali (last edited Jul 06, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Yali (yaliadiga) | 5 comments Yelena wrote: "Yali wrote: "I Just downloaded it too, Going to read it as soon as i finish what I'm currently Reading,
Thanks for sharing!!"

I saw you started it!!! :) what you think so far?"

It's actually pretty Great! I'm almost half way through

I mean what's best than Book which is about a world shattered by demons then after a while the angels/seraphs came, who had to "Protect" the humans, but then turned out to be no better than the demons themselves! I still don't know if the angels are bad or not, But i'm eager to find out :)

message 21: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Ahhh yes to trust them or to not? And which ones to trust?
So much uncertainty :)
Can't wait for you to read even more and see what happens!
What do you think of Nathanial?

message 22: by Yali (new)

Yali (yaliadiga) | 5 comments Yelena wrote: "Ahhh yes to trust them or to not? And which ones to trust?
So much uncertainty :)
Can't wait for you to read even more and see what happens!
What do you think of Nathanial?"

ahh, Nathanial, Nathan.. He's bae .. I Think so far, as long as he doesn't mess up something, and turn out to be the bad guy xD

He's kind of mysterious, you never know what's on his mind.

message 23: by Yali (new)

Yali (yaliadiga) | 5 comments I finished it and it was absolutely Amazing!

message 24: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments :) :) :)
Thank you @Yali for giving my book a chance!!! I am so very happy that you enjoyed it! :)

message 25: by Yali (new)

Yali (yaliadiga) | 5 comments Anytime :D

message 26: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Has anyone else started the book? :)

message 27: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 54 comments Book: In the Crossfire
Author: Yelena Lugin
Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank Yelena Lugin and YA Kingdom Book Club for giving me the chance to read this book for free.

The first thing that really drew me into this book was the world. Yelena has created a very complex and dark world that was very attractive to me. I loved all the different levels of demons and the different ways you could kill them. Yelena clearly took the time to make all of these little details fit. I just love the idea of the Seraphs, the Hellions, and the humans all living together in what is a dark society. The book takes place about forty years after the Seraphs and Hellions arrive on Earth, which is perfect. They are still kind of new to the planet, but have been there long enough to establish a rather elaborate system of government.

Sky and her friends are amazing leads. They are all strong fighters, who know how to take care of themselves. Their friendship runs so deep and their closeness makes them stronger, which is why the things that happen between them are kind of shocking to me. I just love how Yelena gives the reader a chance to see these bonds and how these bonds change/remain the same as the events in the book go on. I also love how as the book goes on, Sky learns to see that things may not be as black and white as she first thought and that society is actually a lot more complex than she first thought.

The secondary characters and the male lead are also well done. There are a lot of characters in this one, but I found them all to be very important. One thing that I really liked about this large cannon was how Yelena made them all different. I loved seeing their strengths and weaknesses come out.

Nathan was a great male lead. He seems like a likable enough character, but there is something about him that has me worried. I just don't know if I buy that he is as good as he wants to come across. Samuel is the other character that I'm not too sure about.

There is a little bit of romance in this one, but it is not the sole focus of the book. There is a lot of build up for later books. So, if you are looking for a story that has an ending, don't read this one.
So, why the four star rating? I'm not going to lie. This book just was not a five star rating for me. I loved it, but compared to the other books that I have given the five star, this one just did not make the cut. First off, I did see some small mistakes in grammar and all that fun stuff. Second, everything just seemed to fall in place at the end too easily. Now, things may get rougher in the next book-I really don't know.

Overall, not a bad read. Yelena does have a bright future ahead of her if she keeps putting books out like this one.

(Review is also on Amazon and my blog.)

message 28: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Thank you Serena!
And yes things fell together in this book at the end because I wanted an ending that was sort of like an end to one chapter of Sky's life, all wrapped up and finished
Don't worry there will be a lot of problems in the next one.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

message 29: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 54 comments Yelena wrote: "Thank you Serena!
And yes things fell together in this book at the end because I wanted an ending that was sort of like an end to one chapter of Sky's life, all wrapped up and finished
Don't worry..."

No problem...When does the second book come out?

message 30: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Not sure. I am halfway finished with it.
Idk if I should space it put so it comes out one year after this one. Or if it's finished in time then just 6 months after this one.
I did have the title at least figured out,
Breaking of Chains.
I'm super excited about it

message 31: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 54 comments Yelena wrote: "Not sure. I am halfway finished with it.
Idk if I should space it put so it comes out one year after this one. Or if it's finished in time then just 6 months after this one.
I did have the title a..."

You'll have to let me know when it's out. I think this series is going to get a lot more interesting and exciting as it goes on.

message 32: by Yelena (new)

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 32 comments Serena wrote: .."

It sure is! And I will Serena!
Book 2 is certainly just as entertaining as the first. Possibly even more! :) So much going on in Sky's life all the time