Yellwood Mental Hospital discussion

Ward 3 > The Courtyard

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 175 comments There's a swing set and a perfect climbing tree.

message 2: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia walked through Ward 3, her flats clicking against the sickly clean floor. The smell of hospital had made her sick the first time she'd come, but she got used to it. As she neared the courtyard, she slowed her pace to look out at the patients. She frowned to herself sadly. She was the only employed nurse at the moment, and she felt that these people who at least had a chance of getting better needed her support. She heaved a sigh and stopped to look out on the courtyard a bit longer.

message 3: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer sat on the swingset, keeping her distance from the other patients and the nurses. That day had been one of her rather bad mornings, so the normally cheerful and bubbly girl she was, was withdrawn and snappy. She gripped the edge of the swing tighter, resisting the urge to scratch at her arms, as it always got her into trouble.

message 4: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia looked over at the girl on the swing. She looked stressed and Amelia couldn't stand her expression. She walked over and persuaded the guards to let her in and then started to make her way over to the swing.

message 5: by Anastacia (last edited Jul 03, 2016 11:22PM) (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer's eyes snapped up at the sound of the approaching footsteps. "Go away, I'm fine" Sawyer stated, looking Amelia in the eyes. On her bad days, she was much more abrasive towards the nurses.

message 6: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia stopped halfway to her before staring out through the fence at the forest at the back of the institute "I'm just here to look at the scenery. The hospital smells so sickening that it makes you wonder whether anyone inside is healthier at all"

message 7: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer turned to look at the forest "You aren't one of the nurses for this ward" She pointed out, taking only a moment to glance at Amelia, before turning back to the forest. She remembered climbing trees with her older sister when they were little kids.

message 8: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia smiled "I wish I was" she sighed "The patients in my ward aren't exactly the most sociable of people". If her brother had survived the accident, he would probably be in Ward 6 himself.

message 9: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments "You don't want this ward, it's mostly kids. I'm among the oldest here" Sawyer replied, shaking off the memories of her sister, Grace was gone and had been for year.

message 10: by ❥Akane❤ (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:02AM) (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia raised an eyebrow "Just kids?" She looked at the girl "You've all seen things worse than any adult will ever see" She smiled in a sad way "It's sad to say, but you're all too mature, too overexposed to the real world for your own good"

message 11: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer shrugged "Most of these kids will eventually be able to leave, I'm going to be here for a long time, cause my mom doesn't want me anymore and I'm to screwed up for anywhere else" Sawyer admitted, her hold om the swing set tightening again.

message 12: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia looked at the girl "You're lucky. At least you have family left". She had a feeling her optimism hadn't helped the situation. "I know how you feel...about not being able to go back to family"

message 13: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer rolled her eyes, annoyed with the optimism "Look I know you mean well, but I don't need some uppity nurse, who knows nothing about me, to tell me I'm lucky. You know nothing about me" She said.

message 14: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia frowned at the girl "I know pretty much everything about everyone here. Case files can tell a lot" she turned to walk away "And if you don't want some uppity nurse to hint you something nicely, then I guess I'll just hint it outright. Don't be ungrateful for your situation. Everyone has problems" she called over her shoulder and glanced at her "not just you. and If you want to have a chance of getting out of this asylum, I suggest you start accepting the help you're offered". She stopped and turned around completely and smiled at the girl on the swing "But you don't need to listen to me. I'm just some uppity nurse who knows nothing about fear and trauma"

message 15: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer shook with the various emotions, she was such an idiot "I don't want to get out of here, I don't want to be here" She admitted softly, she wanted nothing more than to be dead, so she could see her sister, father and daughter again.

message 16: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia stopped and turned back to look at the girl "What's your name?" She had a feeling that she'd seen this girl's mug shot on a case file before.

message 17: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments "Sawyer Drewmore" The teen answered, looking back to the forest.

message 18: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia nodded and then smiled, though she doubted Sawyer saw it "Then you have no reason to stay here. If anything, you could be out there" she said as she gestured toward the forest "You can make new connections with new people. Re-build your life" She sounded desperate by this point. It hurt her so much to see someone in despair when they could be helped.

message 19: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments "Why though? It's not worth it anymore, I don't deserve to live, not when I couldn't protect my daughter" Sawyer replied, her voice breaking a little. What her ex did, it broke what little hope she had left.

message 20: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia walked up to her and bent down so that she was eye level and smiled "I thought I was worth dirt after I failed to protect every single person who loved me. But it didn't stop me" She stood up again "It motivated me to get this job, the reason I'm here and not down in the basement sitting in a cell"

message 21: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer felt tears falling, she hadn't cried since they day her daughter died. "She wasn't even born yet...I couldn't stop him" She bit her lip as a sob hit her. "I hate myself"

message 22: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia hesitated before reaching out and embracing the girl. She probably just violated code of conduct. You interact with 'disturbed' patients for fear of being hurt. But she just could stand seeing someone traumatized with such thing at such a young age. She felt the atmosphere get tense as the guards standing around the courtyard started whispering to each other.

message 23: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer sobbed more when Amelia hugged her, eventually hugging her back. She missed hugs like this, it reminded her of her older sister.

message 24: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia ignored the guards and began stroking Sawyer's hair soothingly "If you ever need anyone to talk to, anyone at all, just ask your supervisor for Amelia". She smiled as she remembered how she'd hugged her brother in the same way. Before he left her.

message 25: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer nodded, taking a few shuddering breaths. "I will" She murmured softly. It had been a long time since she felt this safe with someone. "My daughter...her name was Evelyn" She said softly.

message 26: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments "Evelyn" she repeated softly "what a lovely name". She pulled away and held Sawyers hands in her own "Cherish it with all your heart. I doubt your daughter would ever want you to see you like this, so stay strong for her sake". She smiled before standing up "Well then, I'd better be off. My manager's not going to be happy" she mumbled, grimacing at the thought of entering that claustrophobic basement "I'll make sure to drop by on my way back up" she promised Sawyer

message 27: by ❥Akane❤ (new)

❥Akane❤ | 43 comments Amelia looked back with a smile before making her way out of the courtyard and down to basement.

message 28: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia (ana3) | 72 comments Sawyer moved to climb up the tree, finding solace up high.

message 29: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron wandered around until she found the courtyard. She was tired and would have loved to climb the tree, but wanted to sit down more. She sat down on one of the swing, and gently pushed off, seining slightly and staying low to the ground as her eyes fell and watched her feet kick.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) ((What would be a reason for my character to be here?))

message 31: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((If your character is curious and unfamiliar with the place they could just find the place. If they have believe visible hallucinations they could follow one of those, or they could get lost in going somewhere.))

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) Noah had planed to walk through the halls for just a few minutes before going back to his room. But that had turned into a game because he became lost. Since he didn't need to always be watched like their patients, he was alone with no knowledge which way to go. So for some reason he had entered Ward 3, at the courtyard. He realized it wasn't his courtyard because it had a swing and Ward 5 didn't have a swing. Still, he walked in, looking around with his down eyes. What Ward am I in? He wondered.

message 33: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron quickly became aware of the new presence, but ignored whoever it was. She was lost in thought, thinking about what she would discover next in this god forsaken place.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) Noah had planed to walk through the halls for just a few minutes before going back to his room. But that had turned into a game because he became lost. Since he didn't need to always be watched like their patients, he was alone with no knowledge which way to go. So for some reason he had entered Ward 3, at the courtyard. He realized it wasn't his courtyard because it had a swing and Ward 5 didn't have a swing. Still, he walked in, looking around with his down eyes. What Ward am I in? He wondered.

message 35: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((?))

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) ((Sorry it must have not copied for me. Give me a sec))

message 37: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((It's okay XD))

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) Noah walked towards the swings. The last time he had went on one was when his mother was still alive. He pushed away the thought. Maybe this would be one thing he would do to pass some time. But as he went closer to it, he noticed someone on one of them. Hopefully she wouldn't mind if he joined her in the one next to her. It was a nice day to be out too. l"... Can I swing?" He asked once he stood close to her.

((So so sorry. Just busy packing for my flight))

message 39: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((It's okay))

Aaron nodded, she was a little nervous about someone even being near her, but he didn't seem threatening, so she easily calmed down. She was able to catch glances of hiss how's and pants, and even saw his face out of her perriferal vision, but she didn't dare look up at him for fear of making eye contact.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) "Thanks," he said and moved towards the swing. He sat on it with ease. Unlike how he would have to jump on it and his feet would hang when he was little. He swung his feet, just like his mom had told him. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. He sighs. She really missed her. As he swung next to the girl, he felt uncomfortable in the silence. It felt so awkward. So he decided to speak. "Nice day isn't." He didn't look to her though.

message 41: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron kicked off a little harder. She was still low to the ground and not actually swinging, but she was releasing more pent up energy. She nodded. Although she likes rain and cloudy days better than sunny ones, that particular day was very middle of the road when it came to temputer. While it was too bright forget liking, it wasn't too cold or too hot. And it was only slightly gusty.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) He didn't hear anything from her. And since he hadn't been looking at her, he only saw a glimpse of her shaking her head from the corner of his eye. Is she scared? Or not in the mood? He wondered. He kept on moving his feet. He was swing more than her, but not by a lot. "Don't talk much?" He asked her. This time he moved to look at her.

message 43: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron smiled slightly, that was probably the most common thing people said to her. That and, why can't you just talk? So at least he was a little more understanding. She shook her head, hoping she didn't look stupid. She probably looked stupid. She always looked stupid, she thought. She continued to look at the ground.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) This time, he actually saw her shake her head. He looked back forward, his gaze looking over the courtyard. Theirs was much more organized and nice looking than theirs he seemed to notice that in the hall way. More colors. Pictures. He figured he must be in the first few wards. Maybe that's why they were better than his. After all the people in these were more sane. He put his focus back on the girl. "I don't blame you," he admits. He didn't talk much. But he didn't always stay quite. There were times where he just feels to money that he had to communicate in some way.

message 45: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron chuckled slightly, not opening her mouth it was more through her nose. She could tell he was over 18 and probably in one of the worst off wards. She had explored enough to get the gist of what they do. The more likely you are to be sent out, the better your Ward is. She thought it was sick.

message 46: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) He didn't say anything else after that. At least she wasn't scare or freaking out. He knew a couple from his Ward that couldn't speak from fear or was just straight up stupid and crazy to say anything. He kept on swinging, but slowly coming to a stop. Finally he put his feet down on the ground and stopped swinging. He scratched at his cheek. He needed to shave soon. Being Arabian, he easily got facial hair even if he was nineteen. But they didn't trust the patients with sharp objects.

((Sorry I'm still busy packing and stuff. I probably won't be fully free until the 23 when I'm finally home.))

message 48: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd Aaron saw he was bothered by his facial hair. "I have a razor if you want to shave. It's a women's razor but it should work." She offered quietly. She wasn't particularly known for hurting herself, and she didn't, so she was allowed certain privledges. Like razors. She would gladly share with anyone who needed it, but she always made sure they never hurt themselves.

message 49: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd ((It's okay))

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) He looks over to her. This was the first time he heard her speak. He slightly smiled, because she spoke just to offer him something that he would need. It was very kind of her. "Thanks, but not thanks." He tells her. "They usually let me shave with the razors they have. But a guard has to watch me. Or they shave for us." He explains. "They fear that we'll use it on them more than us using it on our selves."

« previous 1