Grimdark Fantasy discussion

The Builders
This topic is about The Builders
Group Reads Discussions > The Builders [NO spoilers]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris, kingtermite (new) - added it

Chris (kingtermite) | 468 comments Mod
May's group read poll winner is The Builders! Please DO NOT include spoilers in this thread but use it for general impressions and such. Enjoy!

Silvana (silvaubrey) Bought and I will start reading today!

message 3: by Chris, kingtermite (new) - added it

Chris (kingtermite) | 468 comments Mod
I'm half way through the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children trilogy, but will finish that quickly and get this book probably in a few weeks or so.

Heather (bruyere) I'm already well into the book. It's quite short.

Steve Atkinson Looking forward to reading The Builders, so I'll be picking up my copy today and diving right in. This sounds like a very fun read and it's going to be refreshing to read a book that's not 600-1000 pages for a change!

Silvana (silvaubrey) I am already halfway; had to stop since I don't want to finish it in one seating before the month even started :p

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 3 comments This book was a nice surprise. Not nearly as "grimdark" as I expected based on others reviews. In fact I found it quite a "romp." Enjoyed it.

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 89 comments Michael wrote: "This book was a nice surprise. Not nearly as "grimdark" as I expected based on others reviews. In fact I found it quite a "romp." Enjoyed it."

I really didn't find it GD at all and agree on the romp. The stereotypes and tongue in cheek humor was awesome.