Valancourt Books discussion

The Elementals
This topic is about The Elementals
New Releases > The Elementals - Audiobook Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 891 comments Mod
Once again I have download codes to give away to the first 10 people who comment below! If you miss this one we are also doing a giveaway on our Facebook page. THE ELEMENTALS is performed by award-winning narrator R.C. Bray who also worked with us on our Burnt Offerings audiobook.

You gone love this one. :)

description

Latasha (latasha513) | 109 comments I haven't read this one yet but it's the july group read for a group I'm in. a HA member lent me theirs. I cheated and already started. so far, I really love the feel of this book. I'm on chapter 3 or 4.

Magnus | 4 comments I've read The Elementals but would love to revisit it in audiobook format

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments Claimed. Thanks!

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric Henderson | 4 comments Yowza! Share the wealth, I know I know, but it's hard when the books are so GOOD! A good friend highly recommended this one.

Those have been sent via PVT message. Let me know if you didn't get it.

-R

Nate (the_enobee) | 4 comments Hello, I would love an audiobook copy. I finally read The Elementals this year, and it's been my best read of the year (thanks for bringing so many awesome books back!)

And I totally have to check out the audiobook of Burnt Offerings. Loved that one too. I didn't realize Valancourt is creating audiobooks - that's perfect!

Char  | 327 comments I would love one too. :)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments I started listening this morning on the way to work. Love the narrator and I'm loving be re-introduced to these characters. Thanks, Valancourt!

Char  | 327 comments I guess my posting in the Literary Horror group did no good. :(

I received my code yesterday, thanks so much!

That's okay, thanks for sharing it anyway. :)

Glad you're enjoying it, Tressa!

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments Anyone not listening to this is missing out.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 371 comments Tressa wrote: "Anyone not listening to this is missing out."

I can't get it to work anywhere except my computer--which is pointless for me :(. I have a "basic" phone, and paperwhite kindle--neither of which support the audio.

message 14: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 9 comments That stinks Kimberly. I listen to mine on the kids old Ipod touch. They took up too much memory on my phone.

Randolph wrote: "A little late to the party..."

I can't send you a PVT message on here for some reason. If you'd like a code can you message me and I'll reply with it?

Thanks everyone! :)

Char  | 327 comments Randolph wrote: "A little late to the party..."

Hi, Randolph! I had hoped you would see my post. :)

The reviews for the audiobook have been pouring in:

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/The...

message 18: by Char (last edited Jul 12, 2016 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Char  | 327 comments Valancourt Books wrote: "The reviews for the audiobook have been pouring in:

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/The..."

I'm glad the audio is getting such a good reception. :)
It's next up for me after this Whitey Bulger read.

Char  | 327 comments Oooh, I didn't know Scott Brick did Cold Moon Over Babylon. I just listened to a less than stellar novel that he narrated-he's awesome! (Even though the book was not. )

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments I enjoyed listening to Elementals so much. R.C. Bray's Luther is fantastic and made me love him all over again. How I'd love to hear Bray read Blackwater or Katie.

I believe Amazon has Cold Moon linked to Valancourt but it doesn't have anything to do with us. I'm going to listen to it on the way down to Alabama tomorrow. The preview seemed fun. I like Scott's voice.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Tressa! I was nervous about the accents until he sent me a preview. I thought he did such a great job with it.

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments He did an excellent job with the accents, and if you knew how people's fake southern accent or just their voices in general jangle on my nerves, that's high praise indeed.

We just got back from an awesome vacation at Orange Beach, right next to Gulf Shores, and it was fun to hear about places that we are so familiar with such as Foley and Baldwin county and Perdido.

I think McDowell had a love/hate relationship with strong southern women/mothers (Mary Love in Blackwater; Big Barbara in Elementals), along with one for the softer gentlemen of the south (Oscar in Blackwater; Dauphin in Elementals). Makes me want to pull out my Blackwater books and re-read them.

I listened to Cold Moon today on the drive to Muscle Shoals. Scott Brick is wonderful!

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 6 comments My husband's grandmother lived in Muscle Shoals and he did too for many years. I miss going there and visiting her.

I'm going to look into Brick's audios. Thanks.

Char  | 327 comments Valancourt Books wrote: "I listened to Cold Moon today on the drive to Muscle Shoals. Scott Brick is wonderful!"

Scott Brick is good! He narrated The Passage and even though I didn't much care for the book, his voicing was top notch.

I'm enjoying Mr. Bray's narration of The Elementals now.