This topic is about Nerve
Challenges > Nerve Book vs. Movie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
YA book made into a movie

Nerve (2016)
PG-13 | 1h 36min | Crime, Mystery, Thriller | 27 July 2016 (USA)

For fans of The Hunger Games

A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

Debut author Jeanne Ryan delivers an un-putdownable suspense thriller.

Which was better the book or the movie?

* since this movie premieres on July 27, I set the start date to July 27 and the end date as Aug. 27.

You can add comments anytime.

message 2: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
A more technological The Hunger Games, but I like the premise and I like Emma Roberts as well! I'll give both the movie and the book a chance!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenLovesYA) | 36 comments I'll probably wait for the DVD to come out. I want to know how it ends primarily to learn if my theory is correct.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 07, 2016 04:40PM) (new)

It was good for a one time watch. It was truly a roller coaster ride. It had slow moments, touching moments and then it was thrilling and suspenseful. You will have to watch it to see for yourself.

I can't say which was better as I've yet to read the book.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

If you haven't watched Nerve yet and you want to... this weekend is the time to see it. Nerve tickets are on sale. 600 theaters across the US are offering $5.00 tickets to Nerve when purchased through the Atom Tickets app.

Nerve did well for it's target market of young girls, but it appears they need to make more money as it only made $47.6M worldwide. The estimated budget for nerve was 20 million so they have made money.

message 6: by Natália (new)

I'll be seeing it this weekend, I think, but after I've seen Star Trek, because IT'S STAR TREK. Some of my classmates have seen it and enjoyed it. Let's see!

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Have fun and let us know how both movies were.

We have a 3 day weekend here for Labor Day on Monday. The movie industry had a really bad summer so they are trying to get people to go to the movies this weekend. They expect the fall to be worse. Maybe they should make better movies?? How some of the movies actually air I'll never know.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenLovesYA) | 36 comments For 5 bucks maybe I'll go tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

message 9: by Natália (new)

Star Trek WAS AMAZING! My favorite movie of the franchise so far! It reminded me so much of the original series,in the qay they gave all the characters equal importance and their own plot and backstory! SO.GOOD.
I liked Nerve as well,it was a nice movie to go with friends and discuss later of you would do the dares in the movie. I think they romanticized the book a little bit, but since I haven't read the book, I can't tell for real. I enjoyed and had fun.

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Natália wrote: "Star Trek WAS AMAZING! My favorite movie of the franchise so far! It reminded me so much of the original series,in the qay they gave all the characters equal importance and their own plot and backs..."

Awesome that you enjoyed both. Thanks for sharing. I can't watch movies at the theater so I have to wait for the DVD or until Netflix has it. I bet they will both be out for the Christmas.

After so many YA book adaptions flopped, it's great to have one that was a success.