The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3) The City of Mirrors question

Peter's Fate *spoiler alert*
Lindsay Seddon Lindsay Jun 29, 2016 04:05AM
How do you feel about Peter being kept alive for hundreds of years by Amy?

I can understand her decision to keep him as one of her own "many", but I assumed this was a decision made in the heat of the moment because she was not ready to say goodbye. Finding out she'd kept him alive like this for hundreds of years was very upsetting because of the regularly expressed wish by most of the characters that they would want to die before the virus took hold in the case of infection.

Then again, it is implied that your state of mind as a viral depends on which of the Twelve you belong to - Carter's many only fed when absolutely necessary and weren't outwardly aggressive, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be one of Amy's many.

I think it's sad that, in the end, the only way Peter got to live with Amy in the farmstead was to be turned into a viral.

Both of them deserved better. My heart broke for them.

evie I agree. But just as sad, he was never really "there" mentally any longer. Very sad about his character.
I feel all the main characters were changed s
...more
Sep 21, 2016 02:53PM · flag

I guess that was a risk she wasn't willing to take.

F 25x33
Lee Ann R I finished my reread last night, and realized Alicia actually did drown in the tunnel but didn't die. ...more
Jul 11, 2016 02:39PM · flag

I think the idea is that Peter is Amy's *only.* Unlike the rest of the Twelve, she never created an army.

I wondered what would have happened if she had drowned him, though. Would he have regained his human form?

Lindsay wrote: "How do you feel about Peter being kept alive for hundreds of years by Amy?

I can understand her decision to keep him as one of her own "many", but I assumed this was a decision made in the heat of..."

I didn't like it. The story took an odd turn for me here. Peter, so powerful and capable before, is suddenly this mute beast he never wanted to be, living on a deserted continent with Amy. It saddened me. I loved this book but felt some parts jumped the shark.

I think the love she had for him was too strong that she did not want to let go.