Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Salt to the Sea
This topic is about Salt to the Sea
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Salt to the Sea by Ruta Septys → Start Date: July 7, 2016

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Join Vanessa and me! :)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments I want to join! I should get this book in time for this buddy read. :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Awesome! The more, the merrier! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm going to join too. :o) I have the book already and I LOVE this author!!! One of my FAVORITE reads ever is Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys . It is SO good!! So I have to read this one and hope it can meet my expectations!

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Great! :D

This is actually my first Ruta Septys book. Hope she becomes one of my favorite authors too! *fingers crossed* X)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Good luck!

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Just got my book from the library and can't wait to start it tomorrow. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay! I'm glad you got it on time!

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Awesome, Katriann!

Idk about you guys, but today's the 7th here, so I'm starting my book now.

:)

message 10: by Katriann (last edited Jul 07, 2016 06:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments I also started my book. I think I'm gonna write comments after every 100 pages or so.

message 11: by Drishti (last edited Jul 07, 2016 05:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I think I'll follow the same pattern then.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Okay, 100 pages.

I've actually never been the biggest fan of historical fiction but this book is pretty interesting. I think the writing is beautiful and the horrors of the war feel real.

Joana (view spoiler)

Florian (view spoiler)

Alfred (view spoiler)

Emilia (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Katriann, have you read Between Shades of Gray? It was so good!

message 14: by Katriann (last edited Jul 08, 2016 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments No, I havent read Between Shades of Gray. Maybe I should check it out. Thanks for the tip Vicki. ☺

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments You're welcome. :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Katriann wrote: "Okay, 100 pages.

I've actually never been the biggest fan of historical fiction but this book is pretty interesting. I think the writing is beautiful and the horrors of the war feel real.

Joana..."

Joana: (view spoiler)

Alfred: (view spoiler)

Emilia: (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Up to 22% (100 pages of my edition)

Shoe Poet: (view spoiler)

Ingrid: (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments @Drishti (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments 200 pages

Okay, Alfred (view spoiler)

Ingrid (view spoiler)

I'm pretty sure (view spoiler)

I feel bad for Emilia. (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm so sorry but I probably can't start this tonight. I've been on the road with my husband taking care of business all day.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Don't worry Vicki. You'll start when you have time. You shouldn't read just because there's a buddy read. You should read when you have time to relax and enjoy the story. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awe, thanks!

message 23: by Drishti (last edited Jul 08, 2016 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Katriann wrote: "@Drishti [spoilers removed]"

And the way (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Katriann wrote: "200 pages

Okay, Alfred [spoilers removed]

Ingrid [spoilers removed]

I'm pretty sure [spoilers removed]

I feel bad for Emilia. [spoilers removed]"

Yep. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Drishti (last edited Jul 10, 2016 05:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Up to 66% (300 pages of my edition)

Florian: (view spoiler)

message 26: by Drishti (last edited Jul 10, 2016 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Ending Thoughts

Joana and Florian: (view spoiler)

Shoe Poet: (view spoiler)

I really appreciate that Ruta Septys brought up less-known historical topics in this book. I'm definitely gonna research more about Wilhelm Gustloff and the Amber Room.

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments 300 pages

I'm happy that (view spoiler)

Emilia (view spoiler)

It's pretty scary (view spoiler)

@Drishti, (view spoiler)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2192 comments Okay, I'm done. :)

I seriously (view spoiler)

Florian & Joana (view spoiler)

Alfred & Emilia (view spoiler)

I liked this book a lot. (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Katriann wrote: "Okay, I'm done. :)

I seriously [spoilers removed]

Florian & Joana [spoilers removed]

Alfred & Emilia [spoilers removed]

I liked this book a lot. [spoilers removed]"

I guess (view spoiler)