What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Light Weaver (Spectrum Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Light Weaver
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Time Traveling YA novel, boy meets a pretty blonde girl in medieval times and they end up going on some sort of adventure. I remember she has a ridiculous name like Buttercup or Bloom. [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Cook | 9 comments Trying to find a YA book I once read in which a boy travels back in time (I think after a car wreck?) and meets a pretty blonde girl in medieval times and they end up going on some sort of adventure. I remember she has a ridiculous name like Buttercup or Bloom or some such. The cover had her on it and showed a girl in a blue dress with long blonde hair down to her waist.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments When did you read this?

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Cook | 9 comments I read it in the early 2000's maybe 2008 or 2009 but the book may have been older than that because I bought it used

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Was the girl's name Blossom Culp who is a time traveling character in Richard Peck's books?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36076 comments Mod
Blossom Culp series by Richard Peck for Ana's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/5264...

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Cook | 9 comments No the girl was blonde and was shown on the front of the book sitting down in a meadow in a blue dress. Thanks for the blast from the past though I remember reading those books!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40227 comments Mod
Taylor, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Pixiegirl105 (last edited Jul 02, 2019 06:46AM) (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 167 comments Light Weaver (Spectrum Chronicles, #1) by Thomas Locke Light Weaver
The girl's name on the front of the cover is Bliss. The guy goes into a coma and ends up in this medieval type world.

message 9: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments The Princess Bride by William Goldman?

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5224 comments No.

message 11: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 7 comments The Princess Bride/ William Goldman.

message 12: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 167 comments There's no time traveling in The Princess Bride.

message 13: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5224 comments It’s definitely not The Princess Bride.

message 14: by Dave (new)

Dave Smith | 10 comments This rings a very, very faint bell for me. If I mention what I remember, are they the same book? Near the beginning, the female lead character (in medieval times) talks about rolling on turf with daisies and buttercups growing amongst the grass, and ponders how buttercup stems break, yet daisies spring back after being flattened. Could the character be called Daisy? Maybe Daisy appears in the book title.

Do the characters flit between modern and medieval times with no explaination as to how? Is there a comedic moment involving theft of a frozen chicken from a supermarket??

These are odd, vague memories, and the two episodes I've described I'm sure are from the same book, but I could be wrong...?

I read this book (or at least started it, think I might not have finished it) during my high-school years in Britain, so I'm guessing it can't have been published before 1995.

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Cook | 9 comments @Pixiegirl105 solved it! It was Light Weaver!

message 16: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 167 comments Taylor wrote: "@Pixiegirl105 solved it! It was Light Weaver!"

That series is really hard to find if you never read it! lol. there are more books besides that one ;)

message 17: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36076 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Taylor. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Princess Bride (other topics)
Light Weaver (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Richard Peck (other topics)