Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Scandal
This topic is about Scandal
Gaol/BOTM > BOTM July 1 to 15 - Scandal (Widower)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod
Discussion thread for July 1 to 15, 2016 BOTM. Please remember to use the spoiler tags when necessary! (please see "some html is ok" for instructions)

Happy reading! :)

The Earl of Banallt is no stranger to scandal. But when he meets Sophie Evans, the young wife of a fellow libertine, even he is shocked by his reaction. This unconventional and intelligent woman proves to be far more than an amusing distraction - she threatens to drive him to distraction. Unlike the women who usually fall at Banallt's feet, and into his bed, Sophie refuses to be seduced. And soon Banallt desires her more than ever - and for more than an illicit affair.

Years later, the widowed Sophie is free, and Banallt is determined to win the woman he still loves. Unfortunately, she doesn't believe his declaration of love and chivalrous offer of marriage - her heart has already been broken by her scoundrel of a husband. And yet, Sophie is tempted to indulge in the torrid affair she's always fantasized about. Caught between her logical mind and her long-denied desire, Sophie must thwart Banallt's seduction - or risk being consumed by the one man she should avoid at all costs...

message 2: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod
Anyone started the book yet?

message 3: by Katariina (new) - added it

Katariina (katariinao) | 37 comments I just started it.

Al George (georgieme) Planning to start in a few days.

Mariana | 2288 comments I read this book in December 2014, but I honestly can't remember this book at all. I think I will start it again tonight if I can get my kindle to download it again. I have been having trouble today.

Al George (georgieme) So, I am 30+% in and what I'm wondering is (view spoiler)

Mariana | 2288 comments Ally, I totally forgot he said those things! Good point.

Al George (georgieme) Martha wrote: "Wow getting close to the end and I am just enthralled in this rollercoaster ride, so many ups and downs...... But well worth the ride."

Right? I struggled to put this one down. More than once, I was hollering at the Sophie (view spoiler)

Al George (georgieme) Mariana wrote: "Ally, I totally forgot he said those things! Good point."

Exactly. That really sets the scenes for (view spoiler)

Mariana | 2288 comments I can't believe I forgot this book. Thanks to all who voted to read it. I think the title is just a little trite, but I'm enjoying the read just as much the second time. (I gave it four stars the first time.)

After you finish the book, I recommend reading Ally's review. I felt she captured the tone and compulsion of the story perfectly.

Al George (georgieme) Mariana wrote: "I can't believe I forgot this book. Thanks to all who voted to read it. I think the title is just a little trite, but I'm enjoying the read just as much the second time. (I gave it four stars the f...After you finish the book, I recommend reading Ally's review. I felt she captured the tone and compulsion of the story perfectly. "

Hah. Thank you! I fear I may have lead people to purchase the book and I am not sure they are prepared. I truly realize this is not a book for everyone. And I realize a lot of people think the last half dragged. For me, not so much. Both the H and h had a lot of their own stuff to work through to get to their HEA.

Mariana | 2288 comments Ally wrote: "Mariana wrote: "I can't believe I forgot this book. Thanks to all who voted to read it. I think the title is just a little trite, but I'm enjoying the read just as much the second time. (I gave it ..."

True. However, after reading a second time, I realize how much I appreciate the story. I connected to the pain and loss. Also, having read quite a few more books since the first time, I better recognize how well written the sex scenes are.

Props on your review. Top two I've read recently.

Al George (georgieme) Has anyone else read this book? If you haven't I seriously encourage you to do so. It's awesomeness.

message 14: by Andrea (last edited Jul 11, 2016 09:33AM) (new)

Andrea | 635 comments It's on my wishlist, but right now the Kindle edition is too expensive for me :( With any luck it'll be on sale some time soon!

Al George (georgieme) Andrea wrote: "It's on my wishlist, but right now the Kindle edition is too expensive for me :( With any luck it'll be on sale some time soon!"

My fingers are crossed for you!

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 635 comments Thank you :)

message 17: by Sue (last edited Jul 17, 2016 03:04PM) (new) - added it

Sue | 97 comments I hope to start reading this novel soon.