Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Secret Garden--Hodgson Burnett, 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments The Secret Garden This is a nice children's story of friendship and the power of friendship with others and with nature to heal the soul. Two cousins, both really orphans by emotional and physical absence of parents find each other and find new reasons to live and love. I missed this story when I was growing up so glad to finally have read it.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments Warms my hear to see you enjoyed this one . . .I loved this as a child, and it is one of few books I've revisited as an adult. Still loved it.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6281 comments I also missed this as a child and read it a couple of years ago. Lovely book. Easy to see why it has lasted for over a century.

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7351 comments I'm glad you finally got to it! I really enjoyed this when I was a child, but not as much as an adult. It deserves its place as a classic.

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5129 comments I liked it as a child, but did not love it. I liked A Little Princess marginally better. But overall, Burnett for me is just a 3-star writer.

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7351 comments annapi wrote: "I liked it as a child, but did not love it. I liked A Little Princess marginally better. But overall, Burnett for me is just a 3-star writer."

I think that as an adult (3 stars) but as a child, I really liked A Secret Garden.

message 7: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I loved the whole idea of a secret garden. It delighted me as a child and delighted me as an adult.