Stephen King Fans discussion

The Random - Discussion Threads > Favorite early novel??

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (last edited Jun 28, 2016 06:54PM) (new)

Nick | 1 comments In the Preface to the Complete and Uncut The Stand (1990), King writes that "Although it (The Stand) has never been my favorite novel". Drives me crazy. Anybody recall him ever admitting what was his favorite novel? (prior to 1990 keep in mind! Google just keeps giving me Lisey's Story)

message 2: by Don (new)

Don I also tried to find the answer on internet....no succes. Now I am curious too what is personal favourite is!

message 3: by Squire (last edited Jun 28, 2016 10:39PM) (new)

Squire (srboone) | 11 comments The only thing I found was Lisey's Story is his favorite and he hates The Tommyknockers and Dreamcather.

King favorites/least favorites

message 4: by Nick (last edited Jun 29, 2016 10:04PM) (new)

Nick Iuppa | 4056 comments Nick wrote: "In the Preface to the Complete and Uncut The Stand (1990), King writes that "Although it (The Stand) has never been my favorite novel". Drives me crazy. Anybody recall him ever admitting what was h..."

Somewhere buried in the middle of "On Writing" I think King says that "The Dead Zone" is (was) his favorite at the time he wrote "On Writing." Don't ask me where that occurs in the book. I do know he likes it a lot. Lisey's Story came later.

message 5: by Don (new)

Don On writing is a great book. I own it and would like to read that one again.

The dead zone...haven't read that one.

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri Edwards (teresaluvsbooks) | 149 comments Squire wrote: "The only thing I found was Lisey's Story is his favorite and he hates The Tommyknockers and Dreamcather.

King favorites/least favorites"

Yes, I've heard the same about Lisey's Story being his favorite.

As for me, I'd have to go with The Stand as my favorite earlier novel, and my favorite King overall, probably.

message 7: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4104 comments Joe Hill has said The Dead Zone is his favorite numerous times. I know I really love it and even though I always say that, I am surprised every single time I reread it that it really is that good.

Cody | CodysBookshelf (codylovesbooks) | 7 comments I watched a video on YouTube of a speech King gave at some university back in '82 (GREAT video — if you can find it, check it out). He says there his favorite novel is 'Salem's Lot. He says he has a 'cold place in his heart for it.'

He has also said many times he's proud of The Dead Zone. Other favorites he's mentioned through the years are 11/22/63, Lisey's Story, Bag of Bones, and IT.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dead Zone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joe Hill (other topics)