Horse Book Lovers discussion

Horse Books For Young Adults?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (glorytogod22) | 1 comments I love several horse books, but my favorite so far is The Scorpio Races. What are some good horse books for young adults? There is this one series I am going to read and have started a group for it. Would any of you like to join my group called "The Horses of Oak Valley Ranch" ? It is based on a series that revolves around a girl who trains horses. Any other book recommendations for horse loving young adults?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments Mackenzie wrote: "I love several horse books, but my favorite so far is The Scorpio Races. What are some good horse books for young adults? There is this one series I am going to read and have started a group for it..."

I've just started reading Winter of the Crystal Dances, which is free on amazon and so far really well written. Very atmospheric. Like The Scorpio Races (one of my all time favourites) crosses over into lore but it isn't YA in terms of romance because the main character is on the younger side. Another freebie that is realistic YA with older characters and simply brilliant is Boys Don't Ride. There are a few other freebies in horse book/YA world that I wasn't so keen on. If you check through my 'freebie' shelf, you'll find them there.

message 3: by G.G. (last edited Jul 13, 2016 10:43PM) (new)

G.G. Marshall (grace_marshall) | 2 comments One of my favorite books is "Hope Rising" by Kim Meeder. The second book isn't as good as the first but the first book is amazing! It's non-fiction but well written.
I have a series titled, "Horse Haven," which is for young adults. The first book is "No Pizza Delivery?" I'd love for anyone to check it out. :)
The "Heartland" series seems to be for young adults as well. Wasn't my favorite but some people enjoy it.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Tink | 19 comments Sound like Sum good books, I will have to try to find sum of them.

message 5: by N (new)

N M | 2 comments I really enjoyed the Loxwood series by Grace Wilkinson. I think there are a total of four books, about a young girl trying to make it in the eventing world. I really enjoyed them, they reminded me a little of a more adult version of the Claire Svendsen series.