Gore and More discussion

Authors > Greg Gifune

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
Gifune is one of those authors that delivers every single time. If he has a clunker in his catalog, I have yet to find it. His writing style is very shadowy where it's hard to tell if what's going on is real or a hallucination. My favorites of his are The Rain Dancers, Kingdom of Shadows, Rogue, and Lords of Twilight.

message 2: by Kevin (last edited Jun 28, 2016 11:23PM) (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) | 406 comments Mod
Gifune is brilliant, a gifted author who actually showcases poetic and lyrical prose. His writing is top notch, a true master of the craft. I highly recommend Gifune and would suggest Children Of Chaos as a great place to start for those who have not read him

Children of Chaos by Greg F. Gifune

message 3: by Char (new)

Char I love me some Gifune as well. The Rain Dancers and A View from the Lake are my favorites. I did like Lords of Twilight and Dreams the Ragman was pretty good too.

message 4: by Kenneth (new)

I have most of Gifune's catalog, but so many so little time!

message 5: by Kenneth (new)

Greg has a new book coming out in September from Sinister Grin Press called Savages.

message 6: by David (last edited Jul 12, 2016 06:28PM) (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Personally, this is my favorite by Gifune Children Of Chaos by Greg F. Gifune
I haven't read all of his stuff, but The Rain Dancers by Greg F. Gifune and Devil's Breath by Greg F. Gifune are also very good.

message 7: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 150 comments I read Judas Goat by Greg F. Gifune . It was good.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I've read the short 'The Rain Dancers', but haven't read more of his stuff yet.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I just picked up Children of Chaos to try

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "I just picked up Children of Chaos to try"

I hope you enjoy it. It's Gifune's nod to Conrad's Heart Of Darkness.

message 11: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "I just picked up Children of Chaos to try"

Awesome book, Erin. I hope you enjoy!

message 12: by Kenneth (new)

I now have a new favorite Gifune novel, Savages Savages by Greg F. Gifune . I can't even express how good this book is!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I finished Children of Chaos and loved it. What a dark themed drama type of novel. The surreal writing sucked me in.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Ken wrote: "I now have a new favorite Gifune novel, Savages Savages by Greg F. Gifune. I can't even express how good this book is!"

Cool, just picked up the ebook

Love the cover. It has that vintage cheese vibe

I definitely want to check out more of this author's work

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "I finished Children of Chaos and loved it. What a dark themed drama type of novel. The surreal writing sucked me in."

I'm glad you enjoyed Children of Chaos. The good news is he has much more to choose from, and I haven't read a bad one yet.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Kevin wrote: "Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "I finished Children of Chaos and loved it. What a dark themed drama type of novel. The surreal writing sucked me in."

I'm glad you enjoyed Children of Chaos. Th..."

Good to know - always nice to find new favorites.

message 17: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "Ken wrote: "I now have a new favorite Gifune novel, Savages Savages by Greg F. Gifune. I can't even express how good this book is!"

Cool, just picked up the ebook

Love the cove..."

I have the ebook, Erin (unread as yet), but I'm tempted to fork for the paperback. Great cover!
Glad you enjoyed Children of Chaos. :)

message 18: by Kenneth (last edited Sep 03, 2017 12:40PM) (new)

Time to add yet another title on my ever growing list of Gifune favorites - Children Of Chaos Children Of Chaos by Greg F. Gifune . I did this one with D20 in a Buddy Read and had a blast reading it. For those that are curious, my review can be seen here -

Http://kenmckinley.wordpress.com

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Ken wrote: "Time to add yet another title on my ever growing list of Gifune favorites - Children Of Chaos Children Of Chaos by Greg F. Gifune. I did this one with D20 in a Buddy Read and had a..."

Glad you liked it - just commented on your website under the review