What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl with celebrity mom

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 18 comments Read a book where this girl lived with her mom at first and her mom was a celebrity/model. I remember this one scene where her mom put two tickets into a draw for a free shopping spree and she won. The cover had some green on it and there was a photo of a girl in black and white.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
When did you read it, or when was it published (about)? How old is the girl? Where and when is it set?

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 18 comments Read in 2009/2010, the main character was a young girl (9-13)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36029 comments Mod
A long shot given the cover - The Daughters by Joanna Philbin?

Vanessa, how would you describe the relationship between the mother and daughter?

What's the tone - funny, sarcastic, angsty, sombre, etc.? Any romance?

What about other characters - the girl's friends, her father, etc.?

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 18 comments Kris wrote: "A long shot given the cover - The Daughters by Joanna Philbin?

Vanessa, how would you describe the relationship between the mother and daughter?

What's the tone - ..."

- The cover included a photo of a young girl in black and white, showing mostly her face (it wasn't a full body photo).
- The girl was disliked her mother and was disappointed in her for cheating in the shopping spree draw.
- The tone was kind of sombre. It was similar to the tone of To Kill a Mockingbird.
- There was no romance.
- I remember the girl leaving her mother and going to live with her father, and her father was very supportive.
- I don't remember any descriptions of her friends (perhaps she had none).

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Vanessa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Daughters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joanna Philbin (other topics)