Play Book Tag discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
June, 2016: Fantasy > Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling -4stars

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6688 comments I dug in my heels when the Harry Potter books first came out and vowed not to read them, because I did not want to get caught up in another series and as I read so many children's books at work, I didn't want to read another outside of work.

Then I found the Sorcerer's Stone for a song and a garage sale and thought "maybe someday." With a little nudge the day has finally come.

I found this book to be quite enjoyable and as addicting as I feared. I am currently engaged in a marathon Harry Potter book fest. I hope to be able to catch my breath and move on to something else shortly.

Jgrace | 3066 comments I'm so glad you are liking them. I would still be your friend if you didn't, but it might be difficult.

Booknblues | 6688 comments Jgrace wrote: "I'm so glad you are liking them. I would still be your friend if you didn't, but it might be difficult."

They are a lot of fun and I like that she writes about how to stand up to bullies.

Jgrace | 3066 comments I got a lot of parental milage discussing her books with my kids, in addition to the entertainment miles listening to them in the car.

Booknblues | 6688 comments Jgrace wrote: "I got a lot of parental milage discussing her books with my kids, in addition to the entertainment miles listening to them in the car."

I think they would be great books to discuss with kids...my mother in law read them to discuss with grandchildren.

message 6: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3832 comments I still have a hard time believing people when they say they HAVEN'T read Harry Potter yet.

I'm glad you enjoy it :D They move quickly, so if you don't get obsessed, its not too much of a commitment.

Booknblues | 6688 comments Joi wrote: "I still have a hard time believing people when they say they HAVEN'T read Harry Potter yet.

I'm glad you enjoy it :D They move quickly, so if you don't get obsessed, its not too much of a commitm..."

I often dig my heels in and avoid what everyone is reading...often times I'm right in doing that as the book just isn't for me.

I'm not a fan of fantasy, and I avoid children's books, but oddly love coming of age stories, which these fit under...

I could be critical and mention how they are formulaic, but that doesn't really bother me as I read a ton of mysteries which are often just that and I find comfort in that.

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments Booknblues wrote: "I dug in my heels when the Harry Potter books first came out and vowed not to read them, because I did not want to get caught up in another series and as I read so many children's books at work, I ..." I also had vowed not to read them, I have one book left to read.

Booknblues | 6688 comments Kristel wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "I dug in my heels when the Harry Potter books first came out and vowed not to read them, because I did not want to get caught up in another series and as I read so many children'..."

They are now on my binge read list....I keep thinking...i need to read something else, but instead decide to read yet another one.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Booknblues wrote: "I dug in my heels when the Harry Potter books first came out and vowed not to read them, because I did not want to get caught up in another series and as I read so many children's books at work, I ..."

They are a pleasure. When the press came out for the second book, I thought it sounded like something my son might enjoy so checked the first one out from the library. He wasn't interested so I read it, gave it to my daughter to read and, with both of us telling him he would love them, he finally gave them a try and is undoubtedly the most obsessive Potterite in the family. Like Judith, I found it a pleasure sharing and discussing them with the kids over the years.

Booknblues | 6688 comments Denizen wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "I dug in my heels when the Harry Potter books first came out and vowed not to read them, because I did not want to get caught up in another series and as I read so many children'..."

I can see that they would be great books to share with children. So many important things to discuss and the fun of them!