Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Not My Father's Son
This topic is about Not My Father's Son
Archives > Not My Father's Son, by Alan Cumming

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 3472 comments I'm reading this for Week 28 (A biography, autobiography or memoir). After a few terrible fiction books, I'm looking forward to a bit of a palate cleanser. Fingers crossed this is as good as I've heard it is.

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) I just can't believe how poorly Alan was treated growing up. Good for him growing up to be a very successful man and not letting his upbringing ruin his life.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 966 comments I read this in 2018 as one of my side pieces. I adore Alan Cumming, and loved this memoir. It had some pretty sad moments, but his overall outlook and resiliency is admirable.

3/5

Sarah | 539 comments I read this one for week 1 2019: A book that was nominated for or won an award in a genre you enjoy

I really enjoyed it and it was nice to see that even with his pretty shitty childhood he didn't let that hold him back and became a very successful man. I loved that he narrated the audio book, it just seemed to make the book come alive that little bit more.