The Page Turners discussion

Fates and Furies
This topic is about Fates and Furies
Monthly Reads > Fates and Furies {July 2016 - Monthly Read}

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff was selected as our group-wide July Monthly Read!

TPT Points will be awarded to the members with the highest number of discussion posts in this thread. Members will be issued the following point values:
1st: 50 points
2nd: 30 points
3rd: 15 points
This is a fun, simple way to rack up some TPT Points, so grab your books, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Note: Please include your current page number at the beginning of any discussion post in this thread. This will prevent other readers from accidentally stumbling upon spoilers.

Klancy Finished!

A really good book that explores the dynamics of a married couple over the course of their lives together. It covers how they met, the perils they experienced together, the secrets they hid from each other...Aspects of a marriage that may not be relatable to some people, but extraordinarily relatable to others.

Groff has a knack for describing things vividly/emotionally. Her writing completely drew me into the story, which is probably why I never wanted to put her book down. (Unfortunately, I inevitably had to because of work). I was especially taken by the section of her novel entitled 'Furies' AKA Mathilde's side of the story. I don't know why, but Mathilde's ice queen demeanor was intriguing to me and I found it fascinating to learn details about her character that helped me understand her actions better in the first half of the novel.

Totally worth the read!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fates and Furies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lauren Groff (other topics)